831 users online (114 members and 717 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FL - Wendy Hudakoc, 14, Naples, 15 Nov 1998

Missing Since: November 15, 1998 from Naples, Florida
    Classification: Endangered Missing
    Date Of Birth: August 12, 1984
    Height and Weight: 5'6, 130 pounds
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Light brown hair, hazel eyes. Hudakoc has a birthmark on the back of her neck and a scar on her left hand. She wore braces on her top and bottom teeth at the time of her 1998 disappearance. Her ears are pierced; the left one is pierced twice. Some agencies may spell her middle name "Kathleen."

Details of Disappearance

Hudakoc was last seen leaving a party in Naples, Florida on November 15, 1998 at approximately 2:00 a.m. She has never been seen again. Hudakoc was accompanied by Ron Depeppo, who was 20 years old at the time. She did not take any personal belongings with her when she left.

Depeppo claims he took Hudakoc home after the party. He cooperated with authorities during the beginning of their investigation into Hudakoc's case, but he has since hired an attorney and refuses to answer further questions or take a polygraph. His car was located burned after Hudakoc's disappearance. Police took it for analysis but it was unknown what, if anything, they found. Depeppo was never identified as a suspect in Hudakoc's disappearance. Authorities are uncertain if Depeppo is connected to Hudakoc's case. Her family has not heard from her; they have all taken polygraphs and passed.

Records show that Hudakoc has not applied for a driver's license or gotten a job in all the time that she has been missing. Investigators and her family both believe she is deceased. Foul play is suspected in her disappearance, which remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency
    If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
    Collier County Sheriff's Office
    941-774-4434

Charley Project
    NCMEC

Thank you Shewhomustnotbenamed and Beyondbelief.

I was at the Sheriffs department the other day on the Adji Desir case and saw that this one was still unsolved.

I know it is an old one but I know us Websleuths Sleuthers maybe able to stir this up some.

Here is the Face-book Page Also:

http://www.facebook.com/update_secur...id=13605413910

And another Age advanced Picture:

Last edited by CN2Souls; 02-20-2011 at 09:06 AM.
    “These comments are my own personal opinions only and do not necessarily reflect the positions or opinions of others, W.S. or their affiliates. My posts are not to hurt or cause damage to anyone. They are merely something to ponder. All comments are based upon the current information that I know in this case and my own personal experiences. I am not posting as a professional posters and/or a verified locals/insiders* . You should conduct independent research to verify the validity of any statements made in this post before basing any decisions upon those statements. In addition, any views or opinions expressed by posters who quote my post to this thread are theirs and not mind, and I respect that."

Missing Children's Day draws attention in SWFL

[snip]

Over the weekend, advertisers donated digital billboard space throughout Florida to feature children and adults who are missing. Twenty eight people are featured, including several from Southwest Florida.

Alexander Erb-Sanchez, Danny Paul Mordenti and Jonathan Josue Martinez will each grace a billboard and so will Wendy Hudakoc.

Wendy was last seen in the early morning hours of November 15, 1998. She was a 14-year-old Naples High freshman when she disappeared. Investigators say she snuck out of her home to go to a party in Naples, and hasn't been seen since. Anyone with information on that case is asked to contact the Collier County Sheriff's Office.

More: http://www.winknews.com/Local-Florid...ention-in-SWFL

Missing: Cases of located girls, women conjure up memories of Wendy Hudakoc

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2013/...eland-hudakoc/
    No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

We are all one poor choice from being a subject on this forum. Think twice.

Southwest Floridians that have gone missing aren't forgotten

http://www.news-press.com/article/20...sey=nav%7Chead
    No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

We are all one poor choice from being a subject on this forum. Think twice.

http://www.winknews.com/Local-Florid...16-years-later

Saturday marks a somber anniversary. The family of Wendy Hudakoc tells WINK News the teen's disappearance 16 years ago still haunts them...

"I remember it all like it was yesterday. She got a phone call, she told me she was sneaking out to a party at a friend's house and asked me to come with her, begged and pleaded for me to come with her and I said no. She never came home that night," said Boyatt.

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/crime...ssing_58667498

Campbell and the girl’s mother were out of town on a business trip on the weekend Wendy went missing. A family friend was staying with Wendy and her older sister, but Wendy managed to sneak out in the middle of the night, telling her sister she was going to a friend’s party downtown...

Two weeks after Wendy’s disappearance, DePeppo’s 1991 Mazda caught on fire. He told investigators he threw a cigarette out the window and it had flown into the back seat, catching a pile of clothes on fire. The car was destroyed, but DePeppo allowed the Sheriff’s Office to process the vehicle... The fire was ruled accidental...

For 16 years, Wendy’s case has remained in standstill while those around her have struggled to move on. Her sister has graduated high school, gotten married and had three children. Her stepfather continues to advocate on behalf of the families of missing children. Her mother, Shelley Campbell, died last year of an aggressive brain cancer — Wendy was listed as a survivor in the obituary.

I wonder how assiduously LE have revisited the Depeppo story (which may be true but should be subject to the closest possible scrutiny). The reason I ask is the recent lifestyle of Ronald Depeppo, which has seen him arrested on low level theft and damage charges several times and reports of him living on the edge with few resources. Such run ins with LE give them every opportunity to retest his story and his current situation does not seem consistent with him retaining strong legal representation (if he did I would ask where the money came from).

Wow, found the main suspects fb page. It sure makes for an interesting read. I wonder if the police have continued to follow up with this guy?

https://www.facebook.com/ronald.depeppo

Quote Originally Posted by jtate0702 View Post
    Wow, found the main suspects fb page. It sure makes for an interesting read. I wonder if the police have continued to follow up with this guy?

https://www.facebook.com/ronald.depeppo
    Wow! This is really creepy.
    Cindi Lou

Some people may consider me crazy, I say I'm just inspired.

Any updates on this case at all?

Years later, Collier County teen’s 1998 disappearance haunts sister

http://www.winknews.com/2016/11/15/1...haunts-sister/

Sharlene Boyatt still regrets staying no to her sister.

“I remember it all like it was yesterday. She got a phone call, she told me she was sneaking out to a party at a friend’s house and asked me to come with her — begged and pleaded for me to come with her — and I said no,” she said. “She never came home that night.”

Boyatt isn’t sure who knows about her sister, who she assumes is dead, but is absolutely fed up.

“It’s been 18 years. Just give it up already. I mean, I just — write me an anonymous letter. Do something. Just for the love of God, let it be over,” she said. “It’s morbid but without a body, you have nothing to go on. You live in the forever what-if world.”

http://www.fox4now.com/news/wendy-hu...mains-unsolved

Wendy was a freshman at Naples High School when she met Ronald DePeppo, the man she was last seen with the night of her disappearance.

The family says DePeppo is the sole person of interest in this case.

"He's the only person who knows where he dropped off Wendy," Dan Campbell, Wendy's step-father said. "We never once said he did anything to her but he knows more than what he's saying."

Detectives say DePeppo told them he dropped off Wendy the night she vanished to meet a man named "Jeff." DePeppo is not considered a suspect but the Collier County Sheriff's Office says they cannot eliminate him from this investigation.

"I just want to ask him, 'what did you do with her? Where did you last leave her?' It wasn't at our house," Campbell said.

Quote Originally Posted by MBC_92 View Post
    Any updates on this case at all?
    Unfortunately, no. And the Collier County Sherrifs department doesn't seem open to investigating leads that involve Ron Depeppo.

I was a close friend of Wendy's and have reported Depeppo a few times over the years. The last time being a few months ago when I FB messaged him and he implied a threat against me. I said admit what you did to Wendy and he told me to repent or perish... They didn't care to hear when he implied sex for info. Or that he openly talked about bombing businesses owned by anyone who is LGBTQ.

This is a dangerous, dangerous man and mark my words, we're going to turn on the TV one day and see his name involved in a mass murder. When I called to report his FB posts, the dectective that I spoke with had me in tears about reporting it! He argued that his posts sounded pro-USA.

Y'all, I can't speak for everyone, but this is getting exhausting and it's completely destroyed any faith I have in the legal and justice system. No one will listen and I don't know why! I have no clue whatsoever how, and he's now homeless, he has so much protection! I heard that his mom was a dispatcher with the sheriffs department, but how in the world does that get you 18 years of protection? He openly talks about killing cops, why do they let that slide?

I have screen shots of all our convos, I'll happily share them, anything to get the truth about him out! I've also kept a list of every report I've filed, every call I've made, theyve had 18 years to get him off the street and have failed the community miserably.

I believe in my heart of hearts that he knows more than he's admitting to (i would gladly say what I really think, but that's against the forum rules). But I'm without a shadow of a doubt convinced that even if he wasn't involved in any way, this is a very dangerous person who has no business being out on the street.

Luckily, Wendy has a lot of family and friends who aren't going to give up! I'll never forget the first day I met Wendy, we were in middle school and another girl at our lunch table invited her over to sit with us on her first day. She was quiet at first, but by the end of lunch you'd never know it! I don't remember how we got on the subject, but I remember convincing her that chocolate milk came from brown cows lol! I often think about that memory and wonder if I ever told her I was just kidding.

What more can be done? Who else can be called? I'm going to keep reporting him, but that's not what I want, I want someone that will listen and take this seriously.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast