GUILTY GA - Joni Clements, 47, dies in contract killing, Warner Robins, 8 Feb 2011

Hmmmm......
So the only witness to the previous attempted break-in was the person who found her body this time? Did I read that correctly?

I don't think I've ever seen an evidence list eight pages long for a home. And they still took more evidence at other places. This will be interesting to follow.

I don't think I've ever seen an evidence list eight pages long for a home. And they still took more evidence at other places. This will be interesting to follow.

SuziQ, I agree... This sounds like an inside job, sadly, or at least that what it seems LE is thinking (MOO). Do they normally search the family's cars? I think they must have good reason...

Here are some snippets from the link posted by Sonya610 above (bbm):

No one can imagine that Clements, a nurse, devoted mother and friend to all she met, had an enemy, Bussineau said. Warner Robins police haven’t told the family what they may suspect, although officers did remove the front door and take a lot of belongings from the family home, Bussineau said.

“There’s compelling evidence on the front door,” Bussineau said police told the family. Officers did not elaborate. “They just repeated that over and over.”

The family isn’t sure if the home was burglarized or not, Bussineau said. Police took so much stuff, an inventory that totaled eight pages, it’s hard to tell, he said.

Police also searched Clements’ black GMC Envoy; the car of her adult daughter, Jorden Anne “Jordi” Clements, 20; and the vehicle of the daughter’s boyfriend, Christopher Mixon, 21, Bussineau said.

Officers also removed some items from the workplace of her husband, James E. “Eddy” Clements Jr., who was on the flight line at Robins Air Force Base with co-workers on the second shift the night his wife’s body was discovered, Bussineau said.

Read more: http://www.macon.com/2011/02/20/145...man.html#storylink=omni_popular#ixzz1EWisj8ts

The dogs were let out as soon as she got home, yet the dogs were crated.

I think the killer crated the dogs before or after the shooting. Family.

Usually I'm extremely suspicious of people close to a victim. But, actually, the dogs being crated and the door being of so much interest seem to me to lead away from a family member. Joni or someone else in the family probably crates the dogs when they leave the house, so the dogs may well have been crated when the perp entered the home. He/she could have laid in wait for Joni to get home. The door may be interesting because of the evidence of someone breaking in, and the rest of the things taken from the home might also have evidence on them -- possible perp's blood, fingerprints or other. LE could be looking at family cars and offices just to rule out family members.

I'm just not swayed yet that this is an inside job. Also not convinced in any way that the perp was a stranger. Just saying that I, personally, haven't seen anything to make me think one way or the other on that issue.

One of the links describes a neighbor talking to Joni's daughter who seemed to be in shock. Also fb pages of those close don't have any hinkiness.

I guess we'll see.

Hmmmm......
So the only witness to the previous attempted break-in was the person who found her body this time? Did I read that correctly?

I think the daughter was home alone for that previous incident, but it was the daughter's boyfriend who found Joni. He arrived home first, found her, called 911, and they told him to get out of the house for his own safety. When the daughter arrived home, he would not let her see her mom's body... http://www.macon.com/2011/02/20/1458201/family-recalls-slain-wr-woman.html

My gut instinct tells me that these two have nothing to do with it. JMHO

Peach State Paranormal's website.

http://www.peachstateparanormal.com/

They also have a Facebook with over 300 members.

Could it be a former patient she cared for? Someone she met through her group? Someone mistakenly thinking they had drugs in the home because she was a Nurse?

Could be anything.

The thing that struck me was that in the first break-in her DD was not sure if the door was locked or not after she heard the noise and the dog charged the door. In the article they mention there was vandalism in the area last summer. People should absolutely know their door is locked. Lock your door.

I personally think the "guy in the black hoodie" story is made up. It sounds too contrived, and happened just a week before? Most " types" in this area have a great fear of unknown dogs.

There are no rewards being offered and the police are not asking the public for tips. Sounds like the police already know who did it. Usually in this area if it appears to be a random crime the rewards get offered and often times that works.

They killer might have had a key but then decided to kick the door in afterward so it looked like a break in. If she normally entered through the front door wouldn't she have seen it was kicked in or tampered with? If the killer was a stranger that means they would have had to come in before she got home while the dogs were still crated and waited for her.

So my son was up all night long with a sore throat, and as I lay awake with him, I kept mulling this case over and over in my mind - LOL!

The door: LE was quoted as repeating over and over that there was a lot of evidence on the door. LE removed the door. That speaks volumes. But why? Of course everyone that lived there would have fingerprints/DNA on the door, and if it was a hit, then I'm sure the hitman wore gloves. There's another reason, and here's what I'm thinking: something to do with the lock.

Had it been rigged not to lock?
Had it been made to look like a break-in when in fact LE could tell that it was someone with a key?
If she came home and was followed in or let someone in, then what evidence would be on the door, unless maybe there was a struggle at the door?
If someone shot her point-blank (just speculation) and had her blood/DNA on them and then tried to stage the door after the fact, then was her blood/DNA present around the lock, etc, to prove the perp staged the door?

So that's what I thought of all night long... that front door. :waitasec:

ETA: Another thought... Was the front door wiped down? And LE could tell? That means someone stayed around long enough to wipe it down - felt comfortable there, knew the schedules of others who lived there, etc.

If someone shot her point-blank (just speculation) and had her blood/DNA on them and then tried to stage the door after the fact, then was her blood/DNA present around the lock, etc, to prove the perp staged the door?

Or possibly a footprint on the door. Finger prints and DNA from family and friends wouldn't prove anything but it would be hard to explain a footprint, or like you said maybe powder or dna proving someone had tampered with the door after the murder.

The dogs were let out as soon as she got home, yet the dogs were crated.

I think the killer crated the dogs before or after the shooting. Family.

I don't think she ever had time to uncrate her pets.

I think this man came back and came back around the same time of day as when Jordi first saw him.

Tuesday before the slaying

One week before the homicide, Jordi Clements was home alone Feb. 1 when she heard a noise at the front door, according to a Warner Robins police incident report. She’d just hung up after a phone conversation with her mom. It was about 10 minutes before 5 p.m.

“She (Jordi Clements) went to the front door and saw that it was open,” the report stated. “Her dog then charged the door and the door shut.”

Jordi Clements told the police officer that she saw a tall man wearing a black hoodie and blue jeans running away from the house, according to the report. She wasn’t sure if the front door had been unlocked, and the officer observed no damage to the front door, the report stated.

Read more: http://www.macon.com/2011/02/20/1458201/family-recalls-slain-wr-woman.html##ixzz1EbuANA9k

I personally think the "guy in the black hoodie" story is made up. It sounds too contrived, and happened just a week before? Most " types" in this area have a great fear of unknown dogs.

There are no rewards being offered and the police are not asking the public for tips. Sounds like the police already know who did it. Usually in this area if it appears to be a random crime the rewards get offered and often times that works.

They killer might have had a key but then decided to kick the door in afterward so it looked like a break in. If she normally entered through the front door wouldn't she have seen it was kicked in or tampered with? If the killer was a stranger that means they would have had to come in before she got home while the dogs were still crated and waited for her.

Thugs don't have much to fear from a crated dog. I believe that she may have walked in on a burglary in progress and they panicked and killed her. Was it a stranger or someone she recognized? Seems the police are on a wild goose chase with the evidence they collected from the various places. They don't seem to know what to look for so they are looking at everything. I think knowing if anything was missing from the house or if it appeared someone had ransacked the house looking for valuables would be a valuable clue to what happened. Just don't get the feeling that anyone in the family was involved in her death. IMO

Thugs don't have much to fear from a crated dog. I believe that she may have walked in on a burglary in progress and they panicked and killed her. Was it a stranger or someone she recognized? Seems the police are on a wild goose chase with the evidence they collected from the various places. They don't seem to know what to look for so they are looking at everything. I think knowing if anything was missing from the house or if it appeared someone had ransacked the house looking for valuables would be a valuable clue to what happened. Just don't get the feeling that anyone in the family was involved in her death. IMO

I don't think it was random robbery-gone-bad. I would think that someone robbing a house would not do it at a time of day when people are usually getting off work. Not only would they be likely to be found by someone in that house, but neighbors would probably be moving about at that time of day/evening as well.

Also, if the house was cased/watched, they would not only know what time she usually got home but also that there were dogs and four adults living there. Not a great house to target. And not the right time of day, IMHO.

I'm speculating that she was targeted. By who and for what reason, I have no idea.

ETA: Especially if the prior incident is related, it seems more like a hit than a robbery: if a burglar was spotted and scared away by the daughter and her dog, then I doubt he would've returned to the same home, same time of day. However, if it were a hit, and it was the wrong person, then the hit man would return another day - being more careful that the right person were home. JMHO

Thugs don't have much to fear from a crated dog.

Keep in mind this happened in Warner Robins, right next to Macon. The vast majority of random violent crime and breakins are committed by...well....let's just say by people that have a strong cultural fear of big or potentially vicious dogs (or even fairly small dogs that bark aggressively). I live near there and the trait is very very noticeable. I am a dog lover and I wouldn't trust a crate to hold a really vicious or angry dog that wanted a piece of me, if that door isn't fully latched (or even if it is) they can pop open in a heartbeat.

Unless of course the dogs were locked up in the basement or another room, and if so how did the killer know that?

If it were a randome crime and the guy peeked in teh windows and saw crated dogs (but knew nothing about the house) why would he assume those were the only dogs in the house? Lots of people only crate their young/destructive dogs which means there could be an older Doberman or two sleeping on the sofa (I used to have Dobermans and one of my females would go utterly silent when she wanted a piece of something/someone, barking would scare them away).

I don't think it was random robbery-gone-bad. I would think that someone robbing a house would not do it at a time of day when people are usually getting off work. Not only would they be likely to be found by someone in that house, but neighbors would probably be moving about at that time of day/evening as well.

Also, if the house was cased/watched, they would not only know what time she usually got home but also that there were dogs and four adults living there. Not a great house to target. And not the right time of day, IMHO.

I'm speculating that she was targeted. By who and for what reason, I have no idea.

ETA: Especially if the prior incident is related, it seems more like a hit than a robbery: if a burglar was spotted and scared away by the daughter and her dog, then I doubt he would've returned to the same home, same time of day. However, if it were a hit, and it was the wrong person, then the hit man would return another day - being more careful that the right person were home. JMHO

It reminds me of the case out of Buckhead in Atlanta where Rusty called the police about a week before he was murdered saying that a man was standing in his backyard.

I am not sure she was targeted as if the suspect knew her. Home invasions are on the rise in Georgia.

I think when he first came in the middle of the day he found the door open even though he closed it before the dog could rush out and he left then. So he came again imo right after she had gotten home (may have been watching her to arrive.)

For them to take the entire door means more than just fingerprints found there imo. They could have lifted fingerprints on scene.

So imo something started right at the front door whether she was just entering it from work or had just walked in the door.

I just dont see a hit here.

IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cbisme