Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    I agree Aedrys. I find it particularly upsetting that the skull is missing. I hope they find it. And I think *IF* he is seen to be "innocent" and *IF* that is actually true then he will be suffering in the same way as if he had done it with his own hands (guilt from his own bad choices and failure to prevent the killing). I have to remind myself that *IF* he truly is innocent that he is a victim in this. If that is the outcome, how many people will treat him as a victim and show him compassion for his suffering?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flakes For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Flakes View Post
    I agree Aedrys. I find it particularly upsetting that the skull is missing. I hope they find it. And I think *IF* he is seen to be "innocent" and *IF* that is actually true then he will be suffering in the same way as if he had done it with his own hands (guilt from his own bad choices and failure to prevent the killing). I have to remind myself that *IF* he truly is innocent that he is a victim in this. If that is the outcome, how many people will treat him as a victim and show him compassion for his suffering?
    My problem is, I just cannot see him as a victim at all in this. If he didn't kill her, he at least allowed this happen and tried to help EB get away with it with that 911 call/car on fire fiasco. He knew what kind of woman EB was, and he ignored the welfare of his daughter to be with her. He completely failed as a competent parent for this young child. No way is he a victim in any sense here, at least not for me.

NOTE: But he is considered a victim here, and I will respect that. I just saw Tricia's post. She must have posted the same time I was.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Aedrys For This Useful Post:

North Carolina's beautiful Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedrys View Post
    I hope so. I hope it haunts him that they don't even have his precious daughter's skull to bury with her. That is just sick. Apparently they do not have the whole body. I hope it haunts his sleep until he dies. He deserves it.

God, I am just sickened. Two different cutting instruments were used!!! I am going to have nightmares...

When you look at the diagram on the autopsy report there is so much of her body that is still missing. It is heartbreaking.
    http://www.wbtv.com/global/link.asp?l=476992 scroll down to last page I think the diagram is p4 .
    Last edited by tiredblondy; 02-21-2011 at 09:04 PM. Reason: added link
    About the time we can make ends meet, somebody moves the ends. Herbert Hoover

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to tiredblondy For This Useful Post:

maybe we can hope that she will get a heart and tell LE where the rest of Zahra is. EB isnt going any where and only good can come from her telling the truth. Let Zahra rest in peace and give the family closure. Fess up to your crimes

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to myzzy For This Useful Post:

I've been embroiled in state politics for the last week, so haven't really been following anything else--then saw the news on CNN.com--and while I'm sad, I'm also happy that charges have finally been filed.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RLynne For This Useful Post:

Oh man that autopsy report just kills me. so so sad

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Laddsy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by myzzy View Post
    maybe we can hope that she will get a heart and tell LE where the rest of Zahra is. EB isnt going any where and only good can come from her telling the truth. Let Zahra rest in peace and give the family closure. Fess up to your crimes
    Maybe Elisa doesn't know where the rest of Zahra's body is.
    People seldom do what they believe in. They do what is convenient, then repent. ~ Bob Dylan

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mountain_Kat For This Useful Post:

North Carolina's beautiful Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain_Kat View Post
    Maybe Elisa doesn't know where the rest of Zahra's body is.

Unless she doesnt want the skull found because it shows how Zahra died which would implicate her. Or perhaps someone did help with the disposal.
    About the time we can make ends meet, somebody moves the ends. Herbert Hoover

16. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to tiredblondy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by FaerieB View Post
    Sweet precious Zahra. We all promised you that justice was coming. Though I'd love to see a harsher charge, I understand the second degree charge. Rest easy, precious child.

Zahra, my gs was born sleeping this morning. Please watch over him, and give him all the love I had so wanted to.

FaerieB, I said a prayer for your family and little Ethan...God Bless and Carry you through til the day the Lord brings you home to him.

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to AmyDC For This Useful Post:

I'm sorry if this has already been posted, the thread is 6 pages long and I'm very short on time here.

What is the maximum sentence for 2nd degree murder conviction in that state please?

(I appreciate anyone who knows the answer or bumps the answer for me on this thread, again I am very sorry to come here and ask something that has been answered!)

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:

I think 30 to 50 years. not sure as you say that discussion was pages and pages ago
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tlcya For This Useful Post:

Panthera just posted in the NG thread the max penalty is 30+ years.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tlcya For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    I'm sorry if this has already been posted, the thread is 6 pages long and I'm very short on time here.

What is the maximum sentence for 2nd degree murder conviction in that state please?

(I appreciate anyone who knows the answer or bumps the answer for me on this thread, again I am very sorry to come here and ask something that has been answered!)
    On NG-15 years
    The World Has Gone Mad.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to trigger For This Useful Post:

Oh good grief!

And that's without any mitigating factors (deemed mitigating by her defense attn's.) being taken into consideration.

Grrrr! Sorry but that chaps my behind!

Thank you TL and trigger for being patient enough to answer my question, I appreciate it so very much!

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hickory Born View Post
    I think what the DA said was no credible evidence that anyone but EB was involved IN THE KILLING of Zahra. Now he did not say "only EB" was involved in the dismemberment.
    Absolutely.

I'm coming to the conclusion that Adam Baker confessed very early in the investigation and the deal he has is that he co-operates with the police, then after EB is convicted he will be charged with and plead guilty to an agreed upon list of crimes he did do (chopping up a body and hiding a murder? child neglect? cheque frauds?) and in return he gets to go free until his trial and be transferred straight back to serve his time in an Australian prison and not be in an American prison for more than a month or two.

At this stage it just seems to be the explanation that is most consistent with him still being free while Elisa has been charged. If you turn your attention away from his every twitch or grimace, and to the deal that must have been cut, I think it all becomes clear. Especially since he's centering all his public relations effort around appealing to Australians rather than Americans.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to reasypeasy For This Useful Post:

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast