2011.02.21: Elisa Baker indicted for 2nd degree murder!!

MandiJayne

Reaction score
I live fairly locally and just now on the noon news (WSOC) they just announced that the grand jury indicted Elisa Baker for second degree murder. No details yet as this was breaking and they only mentioned it as a blurb.

ty ty ty for getting the word out. You locals have been critical in WS being up to date on this case and it is so appreciated!

Wow!!!!!!!! Thank you for posting this.........

YES!

Elisa Baker To Be Indicted On 2nd Degree Murder Charge
Posted: 11:48 am EST February 21, 2011
Updated: 12:17 pm EST February 21, 2011

HICKORY, N.C. -- Hickory police have an indictment to charge Elisa Baker with 2nd degree murder in the death of Zahra Baker.

Hickory police will hold a press conference at 3 p.m. Monday to announce new findings in the case of Zahra Baker.

More here:

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/26939338/detail.html

Mel

ETA - wonder what the new findings are!

:panic:

JUSTICE FOR ZAHRA!!!

This is what they just said on the news with the reporter who had a copy of the indictment in his hand. This is paraphrased as I didn't have time to transcribe his words verbatim.....

Charge: Second degree murder.

Aggravating factors:
1. The defendent (EB) had a history of violence physical and verbal against the victim.
2. The defendent hid the victim from family prior to and after the offense.
3. The defendent desecrated the victim's body to hinder prosecution of the offense.

Are we to assume they really don't think Adam knew anything?? What other family would there be to hide her from locally??

And so it begins, finally, the long wait for charges is at an end.

:woohoo:

This is what they just said on the news with the reporter who had a copy of the indictment in his hand. This is paraphrased as I didn't have time to transcribe his words verbatim.....

Aggravating factors:
1. The defendent (EB) had a history of violence physical and verbal against the victim.
3. The defendent desecrated the victim's body to hinder prosecution of the offense.

Are we to assume they really don't think Adam knew anything?? What other family would there be to hide her from locally??

That was what I was just thinking. Interesting. We shall have to wait for the presser I guess. So close and yet so far. Hours to wait. After all the waiting for charges, they are here. Now I can hardly stand the few hours of wait before we get more detail. arghhh.

And so it begins, finally, the long wait for charges is at an end.

:woohoo:

And I assume she will blame it all on AB. Should be quite a show. All I want is justice for Zahra and those/it who did it behind bars for a very very long time!

MOO

Mel

Sweet precious Zahra. We all promised you that justice was coming. Though I'd love to see a harsher charge, I understand the second degree charge. Rest easy, precious child.

Zahra, my gs was born sleeping this morning. Please watch over him, and give him all the love I had so wanted to. :blowkiss:

That was what I was just thinking. Interesting. We shall have to wait for the presser I guess. So close and yet so far. Hours to wait. After all the waiting for charges, they are here. Now I can hardly stand the few hours of wait before we get more detail. arghhh.

I don't really want to get OT but it just makes you wonder if he REALLY is as much of a stooge as he appears to be if she was able to dupe him THAT bad. Something just doesn't add up for me. Maybe the press conference will help.

Bout dam time! Justice is comming Zahra!!

Im so happy to see this move forward. Im sure we will know at the presser if there are more charges comming against anyone else. JMO

If WSOC has a live feed, they are constantly talking about it on TV. I'm not sure if they do live news shoes on the web or not.

Indictment also says that the victim was young, physically infirm and handicapped. Apparently that was listed underneath the aggravating factors, but from what I understand was not listed as one of the 3 aggravating factors.

Apparently the first time anyone knew that there was a definite COD was at 11:15 this morning when the county ME confirmed to Dave Faherty of WSOC that there is a defiite COD known. I really think that is what they will announce at 3:00.

Don't throw shoes at me okay -- but I wish the media would stop calling her the "stepmother". She wasn't even married to AB - she's a BIGAMIST. Instead they should say, Bigamist, Elisa Baker, has been indicted on charges of second degree murder with aggravating factors. Oh wait, Elisa Baker isn't even her legal name.

ducking....

Mel

Don't throw shoes at me okay -- but I wish the media would stop calling her the "stepmother". She wasn't even married to AB - she's a BIGAMIST. Instead they should say, Bigamist, Elisa Baker, has been indicted on charges of second degree murder with aggravating factors. Oh wait, Elisa Baker isn't even her legal name.

ducking....

Mel

Not throwing shoes at all. I totally agree. And at this point, they should call a spade a spade and refer to her as the 'alleged' murderer.

Aggravating factors:

Does it have to mean locally? We know there were members of EB's family that called CPS on her because of the abuse of Zahra so they may not mean Zahra's family.

Wish it would have been first degree w/ DP she deserves it!! But it is what it is I guess and Zahra will get some kind of justice

ducking....

Mel

I totally agree with you.......since I'm not allowed to change to the descriptors I would like to use, I edited the title to Elisa Baker.

ducking....

Mel

Rest easy, no shoe from me. I get your frustration but really, as you say, exactly how to define this [unusual person] is a very slippery slope to start down. They need to put everything in soundbites. Unfortunately, the [unusual person] in question is very dificult to define in a couple of word soundbite.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back