GUILTY PA - William King, 23, abducted & murdered, Oakmont, 13 Feb 2011

AlwaysShocked

Reaction score
My adult son owns several properties, one of which is located in an area that has been "deteriorating" for several years now. Rents have stayed flat and quality of tenants has been unsatisfactory.

Just a few months ago, he had yet another non-paying tenant whom he had to take through the legal system to evict. This one trashed the apartment on his way out two months ago, putting holes in the walls and dumping liquids over the wall-to-wall carpeting throughout. My son then filed for damages against this particular tenant at the local District Magistrate's office and won a default judgement. Meaning the tenant failed to show up for the hearing.

Two weeks ago my son and I were discussing this situation and he expressed that he was considering pressing forward legally against the tenant for an execution of the judgement. I advised him to just let it go. He has insurance. To me, the guy sounded like a nutcase and besides he likely had nothing to execute a judgement against. My son said he would consider my advice.

Here is an article from this past Friday's Pittsburgh Post-Gazette about my son's former tenant:

"Man charged in dismemberment slaying
Friday, February 18, 2011

Vito A. Pelino A Penn Hills man was arraigned this morning in Pittsburgh Municipal Court on charges that he kidnapped a man Sunday, killed him, dismembered the body and then hid the remains in garbage bags on a Plum hillside.

Vito A. Pelino, 25, of Verona Road, is charged with homicide, kidnapping and abuse of a corpse in connection with the death of William A. King. He made no comment at his arraignment."

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11049/1126330-100.stm

Needless to say, my entire family and I are badly shaken by this. Who knows? It could have been my son.

I hate to sound like an old crank, but what in God's name is happening in our society? Has it always been this way and we just didn't have the news coverage?

Any input would be much appreciated.

Yikes! Sounds like you gave your son good advice.

Oh my, talk about scary. The tenant from hell is right. Your son may very well be lucky to be alive. That has to be so disconcerting, to know that this wackjob was at odds with DS knowing now just how dangerous that may have been.

That was just to close for comfort. On the bright side your family will never have to worry about that man again. Isn't it great to see karma at work, not to mention angels.

so creepy!

bet your son will come to you for advice more often now the point has been driven home that momma is wisest

glad he's safe

That could have been a very close call, Always. Thank goodness he has been arrested. Really scary!

Yikes!! What a cold blank stare he has. I'm so glad he didn't manage to hurt your son! It can be risky to be a landlord in the city...lots of crazies out there to deal with!

Wow. Your subject line was no exaggeration.

What has happened in society is that the mentally ill- the obvious ones- used to be more easily segregated from the rest of us. Fifty years ago, that man would have been in a mental institution long before now.
There is plenty of blame to go around; both on those who don't want to spend money on mental health services and also on those misguided souls who think psychotic persons need to be living among us as the 'politically correct' thing to do.
I'm glad your son survived having this man in his life.

My adult son owns several properties, one of which is located in an area that has been "deteriorating" for several years now. Rents have stayed flat and quality of tenants has been unsatisfactory.

Just a few months ago, he had yet another non-paying tenant whom he had to take through the legal system to evict. This one trashed the apartment on his way out two months ago, putting holes in the walls and dumping liquids over the wall-to-wall carpeting throughout. My son then filed for damages against this particular tenant at the local District Magistrate's office and won a default judgement. Meaning the tenant failed to show up for the hearing.

Two weeks ago my son and I were discussing this situation and he expressed that he was considering pressing forward legally against the tenant for an execution of the judgement. I advised him to just let it go. He has insurance. To me, the guy sounded like a nutcase and besides he likely had nothing to execute a judgement against. My son said he would consider my advice.

Here is an article from this past Friday's Pittsburgh Post-Gazette about my son's former tenant:

Vito A. Pelino A Penn Hills man was arraigned this morning in Pittsburgh Municipal Court on charges that he kidnapped a man Sunday, killed him, dismembered the body and then hid the remains in garbage bags on a Plum hillside.

Vito A. Pelino, 25, of Verona Road, is charged with homicide, kidnapping and abuse of a corpse in connection with the death of William A. King. He made no comment at his arraignment."

Needless to say, my entire family and I are badly shaken by this. Who knows? It could have been my son.

I hate to sound like an old crank, but what in God's name is happening in our society? Has it always been this way and we just didn't have the news coverage?

Whoa!

AS, I too am glad your son is safe. Good lookout, Mama.

You're not an old crank.

Prayers for the poor man who is the victim here. Awful.

Here's his Myspace, AS. If that means anything.

A quote about "Once you lose everything you are free to do anything". He's got a blog about hatred.

Beat his rent, but somewhere he had a computer. Maybe the librabry? Maybe right in the apartment your son owns?

http://www.myspace.com/sonofjurel

Well maybe this has something to do with the guy going off. Absolutely not excusing it, but found this.

The guy was fighting to get back his kids. Petition and all.

http://www.change.org/petitions/please-give-back-my-kids

wow, i wonder what his motive was for killing this guy? very weird

Sorry for hogging the thread. I am finding alot on this guy. Again thank goodness AS your son is safe.

O.K. Nellie it could be this?

http://www.wtae.com/r/26878487/detail.html

Allegedly the victim was trying to get with Pelino's sister. Yep, sure reason to murder a man and then dismember him. According to that Myspace he watches alot of slasher films. So says other sources on the net about the Myspace.

color me seriously confused.

We'll its never a good idea to poke the crazy, and you had great instinct.

Was it always like this? I think it was - we just learn about situations like this at the speed of lightning due to the internet and msm.

Wow you were serious with respect to this title.

My first question is are there others? There had to be some pattern of behaviour prior to this I would think. Maybe not.

I have to ask myself what society is comming to of late.

OMG :eek: How horrifying and it hits close to home for you and your family.

I'm glad everyone in your family is safe. You are a very good judge of character!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back