823 users online (141 members and 682 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

DSS summary of services for Zahra

Social services speak out (at last)...snipped intro from article.

On Monday, the Caldwell County and Catawba County Dept. of Social Services released a "summary of services" for Zahra. They also released a brief statement (which is at the very end of this list).
    Continued at link:

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=14070673

Glad to see movement finally in this case.

Wow...just wow. DSS has four reports of abuse/mistreatment in six months, and they write them all off? Someone help me make sense of this!

ETA: Yes, I know they visited the home each time, and didn't just write if off blindly. I'm just amazed that the number of calls in less than half a year didn't raise red flags that something more was going on than was being presented to them on the home visits. I guess this just leads me to believe that EB really is *that* good a liar.

ETA2: Doesn't this refute what BB and her mom said to the media? Didn't they say they had the cell-phone picture of the black-eye, dated sometime in August, and they had reported it to DSS?? I'll see if I can find it.
    Last edited by FaerieB; 02-21-2011 at 05:31 PM.

Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

I guess we should be 'grateful' they even responded to the reports, not a lot of info there though, was Zahra physically examined by a Doctor I wonder. Also wondering who the other family members were who corroborated/confirmed the Baker family statements to DSS.

wondering who the neighborhood friend of the family was who was interviewed on February 4.

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

Well now we know DSS was in the home on 21st as late as August 5th. A mere month and a half approx before alleged TOD.

I am so sorry little girl. This is awful.

WOW. According to this AB had to have known plenty about the abuse for a VERY long time...

hmmmm

Life is an Echo. Everything comes back; the good, the evil, the truth, the false. Karma escapes no one.

RIP Zahra Baker, Caylee Anthony, Hannah Graham
    Where are You? Elizabeth Thomas, Bob Harrod, Kyron Horman, Stacy Peterson, Susan Powell, Deorr Kunz
    Justice for Abigail Williams and Liberty German

Quote Originally Posted by NancyA View Post
    I guess we should be 'grateful' they even responded to the reports, not a lot of info there though, was Zahra physically examined by a Doctor I wonder. Also wondering who the other family members were who corroborated/confirmed the Baker family statements to DSS.
    yuh huh, I wonder who that was myself.

Quote Originally Posted by NoeticSoul View Post
    WOW. According to this AB had to have known plenty about the abuse for a VERY long time...

hmmmm

Shocker, huh?
    People seldom do what they believe in. They do what is convenient, then repent. ~ Bob Dylan

We certainly know now that AB was well aware of repeated allegations and calls to DSS about EB's treatement of Zahra. Repeated. It is right there in black and white.

Uggh. I am heartsick.

Okay, I'm back...much quicker than I thought I would be! I was wrong. BB & Mom said that EB's daughter (did not specify which one) had reported the black-eye.

But it's interesting to note that BB and mom were certain EB was behind this as early as Oct. 12th.

Quote Originally Posted by tlcox View Post
    wondering who the neighborhood friend of the family was who was interviewed on February 4.
    I would think that it was probably 'He Who Shall Not Be Named'...since he has reported that they broke contact in February.

interesting that that was the title afforded him if that is the case. Wonder how that worked during introductions as he supposedly wore an entirely different title IYKWIM

Quote Originally Posted by NancyA View Post
    It says in the Autopsy report that she had a chest x-ray in 2009 but noting else.

"A chest radiograph obtained in October of 2009 showed no
    evidence of neoplastic disease."

http://www.wbtv.com/global/story.asp?s=14070870

Oh mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn i am simply sick

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast