Boulder's JonBenet Ramsey home up for sale, again, for $2.3 million

eileenhawkeye

Reaction score
The Boulder house where JonBenet Ramsey's body was discovered more than 14 years ago is for sale — again — after its owners pulled it off the market more than a year ago.

The 7,240-square-foot house at 749 15th St. is listed for $2.3 million by two Realtors with Boulder-based Metro Brokers/Kearney Realty. The home, where the 6-year-old daughter of John and Patsy Ramsey was found dead in the basement on Dec. 26, 1996, was last purchased in 2004.

Tim Milner and his wife, Carol Schuller Milner — whose father is “Hour of Power” televangelist Robert H. Schuller — bought the home for $1.05 million at that time. They tried to sell it in July 2008 for $2.68 million and again in May 2009 for $2.29 million.

It was last taken off the market Jan. 26, 2010, after 244 days. Realtor Neil Kearney said no one is currently living in the home.

The Ramseys bought the home, which had an address of 755 15th St. at the time, for $500,000 in 1991, according to Boulder County assessor records. In 1998, the Ramseys sold the house for $650,000 to a group of investors who vowed to resell it and donate the profits to the JonBenet Ramsey Children's Foundation.

The new listing can be found at Zillow.com.

The online posting describes the house as a “stunning, updated, classic Uni-Hill home.”

“Elegance of past generations combined with modern updates make this home unique,” according to the listing. “Huge rooms, great light and an over-sized, gated lot on a fine street just a short walk from CU and Chautauqua.”

http://www.dailycamera.com/ci_17443014?source=most_viewed

Would anyone here buy it if you had the money? If I could afford a $2.3 million dollar home, I would buy one that didn't have the past that the Ramsey house has.

This was posted on another forum. The Ramsey house has been relisted again. Go to www.redfin.com/home
And put in the home address 749 15th St, Boulder CO. Remember that previous residents had the address changed from 755 because of problems with curiosity seekers and vandals. They hoped the change would make the house more difficult to find, but the house itself is hard to miss. Anyone even a little familiar with the case would recognize it.
There are lots of photos of the completely redecorated home, and the basement as well. There are a few very recognizable features remaining, though. The walk-in fridge and black/white tile floor remain.

Looks like we posted the same topic at the same time. Maybe a mod can merge them?

Looks like we posted the same topic at the same time. Maybe a mod can merge them?

Maybe. I agree with you, though. I think the house looks beautiful, unrecognizable on the inside, but completely recognizable on the outside. I am sure this case is the reason it has been hard to sell. I do not think for one minute that JB presence is still there. (she has moved on, believe me!). But I think there are probably a lot of gawkers and trespassers on the property, even all these years later.

I jump whenever I'm home alone and I hear a noise downstairs so it wouldn't be good for me to live in a house where a murder took place. I'm pretty convinced too that JonBenet is not haunting the home or anything, but I don't think I would be able to actually spend time in the basement. However, I would love to just be able to see the inside of the house, not only because I read about the case all the time and it would be interesting to see how everything is, but also because it's described as a "maze" and pretty much every home I've ever been inside is definitely not a maze, and has the same general layout.

If you go to Google Maps, and enter in 749 15th Street, Boulder, you can see the StreetView and it's like you're walking down JonBenet's street.

Here's the home on Realtor: http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/749-15th-St_Boulder_CO_80302_M28781-38330

I noticed how out of the 25 pictures shown, the LAST one is the front of the house. It's like, "Isn't this a pretty home? Look at the side of the house, look at the back of the house, look at the inside of the house. Oh yeah by the way...."

I don't think I'd want to buy it, but I'd certainly like to have a look in that basement!
Maybe even scream a little or drag a piece of metal around to see if anyone can hear it.

I don't think I'd want to buy it, but I'd certainly like to have a look in that basement!
Maybe even scream a little or drag a piece of metal around to see if anyone can hear it.

I believe the room where JonBenet's body was found is now boarded up. Also, it looks like they finished the basement so with walls down and carpeting, etc, you probably wouldn't be able to get the same exact 'scream' in 1996 vs. in 2011.

Thanks Eileen, I'd like to hope that as a 36 year old man it would take more than a bricked up room to stop me sounding like a 6 year old girl anyway ;)

I would like to spend a weekend in that house.
It must be filled with spiritual energy.
Its a nice house, but something keeps people moving in and out.

No matter how much you change the interior, it will never change the fact that a horrible murder took place there.
Its too bad it just cant be torn down and another house built on the property. It is too hard to change the exterior and the house is very recognizable to just about anyone.
With whatever horrible went on there, you cant change the negative energy of that house:(
I agree, people with that kind of money can buy a beautiful house where
something horrible didnt happen not to mention all the scandal, mysteries, etc about it *shudder*.

The 7,240-square-foot house at 749 15th St. is listed for $2.3 million by two Realtors with Boulder-based Metro Brokers/Kearney Realty. The home, where the 6-year-old daughter of John and Patsy Ramsey was found dead in the basement on Dec. 26, 1996, was last purchased in 2004.

Tim Milner and his wife, Carol Schuller Milner — whose father is “Hour of Power” televangelist Robert H. Schuller — bought the home for $1.05 million at that time. They tried to sell it in July 2008 for $2.68 million and again in May 2009 for $2.29 million.

It was last taken off the market Jan. 26, 2010, after 244 days. Realtor Neil Kearney said no one is currently living in the home.

So was the home ever lived in post crime?

So was the home ever lived in post crime?

I believe college students at U. of Colorado rented it and the one of the assistant coaches for the U. of Colorado football team lived in it with his family too. I also remember a few years back, a family moved into the house, and the dad said something like, "My daughter will be sleeping in JonBenet's old room." Does anyone else remember that? Was that Tim Milner?

I believe college students at U. of Colorado rented it and the one of the assistant coaches for the U. of Colorado football team lived in it with his family too. I also remember a few years back, a family moved into the house, and the dad said something like, "My daughter will be sleeping in JonBenet's old room." Does anyone else remember that? Was that Tim Milner?
Deal falls through for Fla. man who hoped to purchase former Ramsey home
…
The article explained how the most recent residents - Tim and Carol Schuller Milner (she's the daughter of televangelist Dr. Robert Schuller) - had abandoned the home last November after the pressure of living amid curiosity seekers became untenable. It further stated how the home, which the Milners had purchased for $1.05 million in 2004, was originally known as 755 15th St. when the Ramseys lived there. The "first new owners had the address number officially changed to 749 in a failed attempt to erase the property's history," stated the Globe piece.

Hatter was thrilled. Not only was the 15-room manse big enough to accommodate the crowd he intended to move into it, this was blue-chip real estate of the mind.

Hatter's current residence is filled with countless replicas of angels, and the divorced New Jersey native makes no secret of his fascination with things that go bump in the night. "I'm the kind of person who likes graveyards and full moons," he said.

Hatter's buddy of 20 years, electrician Jeff Barton, was also looking forward to the move. The team had planned to relocate together - 10 strong - into the Ramsey home by October. In Hatter's entourage are three daughters, including an 8-year-old who was looking forward to sleeping in JonBenet's room.
http://www.azcentral.com/ent/pop/articles/0818ramseyhouse0818.html?&wired

I jump whenever I'm home alone and I hear a noise downstairs so it wouldn't be good for me to live in a house where a murder took place. I'm pretty convinced too that JonBenet is not haunting the home or anything, but I don't think I would be able to actually spend time in the basement. However, I would love to just be able to see the inside of the house, not only because I read about the case all the time and it would be interesting to see how everything is, but also because it's described as a "maze" and pretty much every home I've ever been inside is definitely not a maze, and has the same general layout.

If you go to Google Maps, and enter in 749 15th Street, Boulder, you can see the StreetView and it's like you're walking down JonBenet's street.

Here's the home on Realtor: http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/749-15th-St_Boulder_CO_80302_M28781-38330

I noticed how out of the 25 pictures shown, the LAST one is the front of the house. It's like, "Isn't this a pretty home? Look at the side of the house, look at the back of the house, look at the inside of the house. Oh yeah by the way...."

Is it just us? or.....as soon as you see the pic of the front of house, you know (from how much it was all over the news) right away that is the "jonbenet house"? I remember at the time it seems like you couldnt turn on the TV without seeing the brick tudor home with candy canes out front:( it was so shocking
I dont see how they could ever change the outside so people wouldnt know the house.

Is it just us? or.....as soon as you see the pic of the front of house, you know (from how much it was all over the news) right away that is the "jonbenet house"? I remember at the time it seems like you couldnt turn on the TV without seeing the brick tudor home with candy canes out front:( it was so shocking
I dont see how they could ever change the outside so people wouldnt know the house.

I think the front of the house is pretty recognizable to most of the country. It is pretty distinctive looking too with that weird triangle shape. If you're established enough in your career to afford a $2.3 million house, then you most likely remember the media coverage of the case. The house being on the market again did make the national news so that tells me that a lot of the country is aware of that house, especially since JonBenet's murder took place inside it. I think it would be impossible for whoever buys the house to be completely in the dark over its past; usually you show pictures of the house you want to friends and family, plus with the media covering the house being for sale again, so I think the prospective buyers would definitely find out that the house they want is where JonBenet's murder took place.

TruTV has a photo gallery of murder houses and looking through them, I think JonBenet's house would have to be one of the most recognizable of the bunch. Most people know who Andrea Yates it but would most people recognize her house? I don't think I even knew what it looked like before I saw its picture in the gallery. It says that the houses featured are the "Most Famous" but I think they just found every house that had a murder in it since I haven't even heard of most of the cases.

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/photogallery/murder-houses.html

After viewing the photos, I have to give the Milner's credit for having wonderful taste. The interior doesn't even look like the same house!

Hi everyone, first post, are the other houses next to it generally in the same sort of style?

I always thought the Ramsey's house was kind of like the odd one out.

If you look at the Streetview of the Ramsey's street, you can see that the houses near the R's house are also historic, but look to be much smaller, more like a bungalow style. The R's did add an extension to the house and I don't know what the square feet was when the house was first built.

http://www.ocregister.com/news/milner-289349-house-housing.html

Feb. 22, 2011
Schuller daughter: Church didn't fund Jonbenet Ramsey house

GARDEN GROVE – The daughter of Crystal Cathedral founder Robert H. Schuller says she and her husband never used tax exempt housing allowances to pay for their home in Boulder, Colo., where child beauty queen JonBenet Ramsey was murdered in 1996.
Carol Schuller Milner and her husband, Tim Milner, put the house up for sale two weeks ago for $2.3 million.

The couple bought the 7,000-square-foot Tudor mansion for $1.05 million in 2004. That purchase was not funded by money from the Crystal Cathedral, but by the couple's own real estate investments, Carol Milner said Tuesday.

The Crystal Cathedral's Chapter 11 bankruptcy filings showed that $832,940 in housing allowances were given to the families of all five children of the megachurch's founder Robert H. Schuller as well as a few top executives. The generous housing allowances have been challenged by bankruptcy court officials and a hearing about insider salaries has been scheduled for March 10.

If you look at the Streetview of the Ramsey's street, you can see that the houses near the R's house are also historic, but look to be much smaller, more like a bungalow style. The R's did add an extension to the house and I don't know what the square feet was when the house was first built.

Heyya eileenhawkeye.

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/749-15th-St-Boulder-CO-80302/13182008_zpid/#home-facts-comparison

zillow, 749 15th St, more facts:

Compare with public facts

Year built: 1927
Last remodel year: 1969

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members