2011.02.21: Hailey's Angel's Quit Searching(decision reversed 2011.2.22)

WillenFan21

Reaction score
(SNIPPED)

Freda Radcliff is one of "Hailey's Angels," a group of six who organized a volunteer appreciation dinner this weekend for search crews combing through the fields for the missing Colorado City teen.

"We weren't appreciated for what we tried to do for them," said Radcliff.

Radcliff says there's only one way to describe it.

"A big fiasco," she said.

The culprit, a video created by "Hailey's Angels" that chronicled search efforts from the 13-year old's disappearance to now.

"They showed me, Clint, our family, little kids who were there, video of where they go to search in these ugly fields and these ugly creeks for our baby," said Billie Dunn, Hailey's mother.

Hailey's mother says for her, the hour-long video tribute stirred some negative emotions. She did not like how her daughter's story was presented.

"We're hoping to find Hailey alive," Dunn said, "that's what we want, we don't want to be associated with that."

Volunteers say a search crew member trained by one national agency asked "Hailey's Angels" to turn off the video halfway through.

more quotes from billie here: http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=344756

I understand why they're angry but if they stop searching, they're only hurting Hailey. If Billie doesn't want to be associated with them, fine, then just be 100% for Hailey.

Thanks for starting this thread Willen.

What a mess...that's all I can say right now because I like it here!

Just where the heck does BD think that search groups actully search????? This is totally ludicrous!

I understand why they're angry but if they stop searching, they're only hurting Hailey. If Billie doesn't want to be associated with them, fine, then just be 100% for Hailey.

Exactly.

It's not about YOU Billie Jean. It's about Hailey.

Her attitude would make me want to search that much harder, although I must say I don't blame the searchers for being disgusted by her attitude. BD's not lifting a finger to find her child.

Just where the heck does BD think that search groups actully search????? This is totally ludicrous!

I guess she doesn't want them to look in 'dirty' fields. Especially not the ones near Shawns family properties.

Well if she has any "clean" suggestions, then by all means Billie, share with us. I am sure there will be people to help you. As of now, you let "ugly" in your house, and there is a big mess to clean because of it. :twocents::twocents:

wow, just wow.

"They are hoping that Shawn [Adkins] did something horrible to Hailey," said Dunn, "and that they're going to prove it, and prove it to me."

When I first read the article, I was thinking "IDIOT", then I realized BD got what she wanted, the locals quit searching for Hailey.

BD is one piece of work. People like her leave me speechless. "Ugly fields", "ugly creeks",,,really???? I mean, REALLY????? And of course she had to defend Shawn again.

Casey Anthony, Susan Smith, Elisa "Baker", Billie Dunn...... :banghead:

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=344756

wow, just wow.

"They are hoping that Shawn [Adkins] did something horrible to Hailey," said Dunn, "and that they're going to prove it, and prove it to me."

Well that just speaks volumes right there. They need to keep searching and find Hailey. She must be terrified they will find her and she will lose Shawn.
Truthfully, this is the first mother Ive ever seen throw a hissy fit when people were out looking for her missing child. It just blows my mind.

wow, just wow.

That quote by her is so transparent. It makes me so angry I can hardly stand it.

That quote right there shows clearly what her problem with them is. It is not because they are looking in 'dirt' or looking for a dead body---because ALL of the searchers are doing that.

She is angry because those LOCAL volunteers can see what the truth is, and Billie does not like it. Instead, she si going to Dallas with Clint, and she is going to ask for people to keep an eye out for Hailey, a LIVE Hailey.

It would just make me that much more determined to search and make me think I was getting close to something.

WOW! What an ungrateful thing to say. I am so steamed I can't even think straight. Guess I had better zip it before I say something I will regret and get a little vacation. Mumbling to myself as I leave ... *#^)^$#@:banghead:

I'm really surprised that Billie has thought all along that the searchers were looking for Hailey from their couches, going to malls, grocery stores, hair salons dollar stores and such.
I can't believe this woman can act so ignorant, I can't believe she is still bringing up Shawn and I can't believe she still thinks for 8 weeks it has been about Billie Dunn.
Is there not any one any where that can talk some sense into that woman?
Some people say it doesn't matter what Billie says, people are going to pick it apart, well if any one can say that Billie didn't just show an awful lot of ungratefulness to all those searchers, I don't know what else to call it.

Well, according to that report "Volunteers say a search crew member trained by one national agency asked "Hailey's Angels" to turn off the video halfway through.", which suggests that the content was offensive. From the sounds of it BD was made to feel like a target, which of course would create a very uncomfortable and inappropriate situation. Put yourself in her position, how would you react? I'm guessing that you wouldn't be applauding them for doing that.

The fact that these folk have decided to call it quits simply because she expressed that feeling speaks volumes IMO.

Well, according to that report "Volunteers say a search crew member trained by one national agency asked "Hailey's Angels" to turn off the video halfway through.", which suggests that the content was offensive. From the sounds of it BD was made to feel like a target, which of course would create a very uncomfortable and inappropriate situation. Put yourself in her position, how would you react? I'm guessing that you wouldn't be applauding them for doing that.

The fact that these folk have decided to call it quits simply because she expressed that feeling speaks volumes IMO.

I don't post much, but I have to agree with this post. I don't know what the video was, but if it was a whole hour with the bulk of it showing searches in fields, quite frankly, that's a lot for ANY family of a missing child to sit through. An hour is a LONG time. I'm not taking up for BD, but the fact that someone else asked them to turn it off makes me think that it was just too much.

That is not what I got from it. She said it was because the searchers were shown searching 'the dirty fields and dirty creeks' and it implied a dead body, so she was upset. She wants not to be associated with them because she wants them to be looking for a LIVE Hailey, in her words.
The crew member wanted to turn it off because Billie was upset, not because the video made her a target in any way.

And we heard from Billie herself what the problem was. She said NOTHING about the video making her a target. She said it was because the video showed them searching for a dead body and because this group 'thinks Shawn did something horrible to Hailey" and she thinks their goal is to prove that to her.

ETA= this is not the only reason they would want to give up their searching. It is probably just the straw that breaks the camels back.
She has NEVER been gracious towards them. And she has NEVER been thankful nor helpful in any way. So why would they want to keep looking for her child. Some of them have looked EVERY DAY FOR 8 WEEKS.

I'm a little baffled by the video (as described in the article) too, and although I have great respect for this group's labours, I suspect it may have indeed been provocative, given SA's status as a suspect and how BD herself may be viewed by fellow townspeople at this point.

That said, I agree with posters above that, as per usual, BD's comments are surreally inappropriate to the occasion. Ugly rivers and fields? Where does she think her daughter is likely to be found? Hiding in a sparkling Dallas show loft? Tucked away on a yacht? Disappearance, possible abduction and murder -- it's ugly, ugly and dirty. I too hope this crew keeps up their efforts, but part of me feels they're well out of it.

This case is beginning to enrage me. It used to just bemuse me, but not anymore.

s

Exactly.

It's not about YOU Billie Jean. It's about Hailey.

Her attitude would make me want to search that much harder, although I must say I don't blame the searchers for being disgusted by her attitude. BD's not lifting a finger to find her child.

I've followed a lot of cases and different things have made me mad but this tops the cake.
To all the searchers, Thank God for your dedication and time looking for Hailey.

Now, I honestly can't say what I feel.:banghead:
SO I will thank VEL for her 2 sentences that sum things up for me.

"It's not about you Billie Jean.":banghead:
"It's about Hailey." :cry:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie