1337 users online (307 members and 1030 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

State wants answers from Baez

"Prosecutors want Casey Anthony defense attorney Jose Baez to explain why he should not be held in contempt of court for failing to miss another court-ordered deadline.

In a motion for rule to show cause filed today by Assistant State Attorney Jeff Ashton, the prosecutor asks the court to issue an order to Baez to "show cause why he should not be held in contempt for failing to comply" with a portion of Chief Judge Belvin Perry's Feb. 7 order.

Part of that order, which stemmed from a status hearing, required Baez to "submit to the court and the state in writing, the specific issues that will be objected to" under a legal threshold to argue over new scientific evidence. It's called a Frye standard.

In his order Judge Perry said Frye hearings for motions "pertaining to scientific evidence shall be held" on March 23, 24, and 25. He then set the deadline for the defense to raise its issues for 4 p.m. Feb 17."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,4265609.story
    Last edited by Reality Orlando; 02-22-2011 at 12:15 AM.

Prosecutors want Casey Anthony defense attorney Jose Baez to explain why he should not be held in contempt of court for failing to miss another court-ordered deadline.
    ================================================== ====

He already did that - ole one-step ahead of em Baez, says he was confused !! hehe....

This behavioral issue that Baez has will not cease until HHJBP puts his foot down...or his boot up.

Quote Originally Posted by LancelotLink View Post
    This behavioral issue that Baez has will not cease until HHJBP puts his foot down...or his boot up.
    Are you trying to "set me up"??

If there's a hearing for this, ICA really needs to be in court this time so HHJBP can ask her - again - if she's satisfied with her attorney. How could anyone be satisfied with someone who is, or pretends to be, so ignorant of court orders and procedures?

---------

Best Friends Animal Society

A better world through kindness to animals

[I]Please help BestFriends help us.

https://www.bestfriends.org/donate/index.cfm?

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Iris View Post
    He already did that - ole one-step ahead of em Baez, says he was confused !! hehe....

Could this be another lapse of 'memory' <cough> like when he 'quite frankly' didn't know why they were there? (i.e., in court.)

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki View Post
    If there's a hearing for this, ICA really needs to be in court this time so HHJBP can ask her - again - if she's satisfied with her attorney. How could anyone be satisfied with someone who is, or pretends to be, so ignorant of court orders and procedures?

I agree, she should be. However, she is IMO very pleased with their stalling statics, probably helping them come up with some as their paralegal. And when she nods her head and answers "yes" I will know it is because she knows what she did, they know what she did, and all are aware the case against her is so strong, the only thing they can do is act like imbeciles. Hmmm, Casey's Safety Dance.
    I went back and watched the Feb 4 status hearing. When this was brought up in Part 2 and discussed, HHJBP was telling both sides that the defense needed to file the motion and Baez is heard telling (no mic at his table) "I already filed a motion."
    That ladies and gentlemen is exactly what this is about. Once again, Baez struts his pigheadedness before his learned colleagues. This is who he is. He will take an admonishment and manipulate the court's time to try and school the state. He must know he looks like a charlatan, a wastrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Iris View Post
    Are you trying to "set me up"??
    Nevah!!

Geesh...will this feigning of ignorance ever end?
    Hey...I thought Baez was in Chicago? Guess he's just learned the power of the Internet.

Quote Originally Posted by RR0004 View Post
    Geesh...will this feigning of ignorance ever end?
    Hey...I thought Baez was in Chicago? Guess he's just learned the power of the Internet.
    Maybe he was thwarted by the prospect of Kathi chasing him down whilst he chased down experts, er ahem, listened in on the lectures

So the mighty legal powerhouse Cheney Mason was confused too? Maybe the JAC could fund a 5th grader to interpret this motion. It was clear for all to see. Their nonsense is reaching level red/defcon 5, whatever. They're just asking for it now. It's hardly entertaining...it's just a test to see how much disgusting, dishonest nonsense these "professionals" can get away with. I said this before - but no accountant, banker, investment broker would last 5 minutes pulling this garbage and neither should the defense.
    Justice for GEORGE!

Hmmm, so is he going to use his new word thwart in his excuse this time? Or will he use a thesaurus and pick out a synonym, or just check his word of the day calendar for the next new word to use? Because obviously this is not his fault and something got in his way!

I can't wait for his response, and to see what new word of the day he uses. Unbelievable. Please put that foot DOWN this time, HHJP!!!!

And I do have a question. If Baez can't adequately explain why he shouldn't be put into contempt, does that mean he'll put into contempt? Oh please let that happen!!!!

Coverage on this from WFTV. There is a link to a copy of the motion on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedrys View Post
    Hmmm, so is he going to use his new word thwart in his excuse this time? Or will he use a thesaurus and pick out a synonym, or just check his word of the day calendar for the next new word to use? Because obviously this is not his fault and something got in his way!

I can't wait for his response, and to see what new word of the day he uses. Unbelievable. Please put that foot DOWN this time, HHJP!!!!

And I do have a question. If Baez can't adequately explain why he shouldn't be put into contempt, does that mean he'll put into contempt? Oh please let that happen!!!!
    I'll save him the hunt.. here are 4 pages of words that mean thwart. I personally like contravene... dunno why but it sounds lawyerly or something.

I am so amazed that Baez can't seem to understand an order that Judge Perry so plainly and clearly set forth everything he expected to be done for the Frye hearing. I quite honestly can't figure out what they are so confused about... and I can't wait for the hearing on this rule to show cause. Fining him didn't work so I wonder what the good judge will do to set Baez straight? Maybe... ?

Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast