State wants answers from Baez

Reality Orlando

Verified Aquaculturalist
Reaction score
"Prosecutors want Casey Anthony defense attorney Jose Baez to explain why he should not be held in contempt of court for failing to miss another court-ordered deadline.

In a motion for rule to show cause filed today by Assistant State Attorney Jeff Ashton, the prosecutor asks the court to issue an order to Baez to "show cause why he should not be held in contempt for failing to comply" with a portion of Chief Judge Belvin Perry's Feb. 7 order.

Part of that order, which stemmed from a status hearing, required Baez to "submit to the court and the state in writing, the specific issues that will be objected to" under a legal threshold to argue over new scientific evidence. It's called a Frye standard.

In his order Judge Perry said Frye hearings for motions "pertaining to scientific evidence shall be held" on March 23, 24, and 25. He then set the deadline for the defense to raise its issues for 4 p.m. Feb 17."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-jose-baez-contempt-motion-20110221,0,4265609.story

Prosecutors want Casey Anthony defense attorney Jose Baez to explain why he should not be held in contempt of court for failing to miss another court-ordered deadline.
======================================================

:clap: :slap: :clap: :slap: :clap::slap:

He already did that - ole one-step ahead of em Baez, says he was confused !! hehe....

This behavioral issue that Baez has will not cease until HHJBP puts his foot down...or his boot up.

If there's a hearing for this, ICA really needs to be in court this time so HHJBP can ask her - again - if she's satisfied with her attorney. How could anyone be satisfied with someone who is, or pretends to be, so ignorant of court orders and procedures?

He already did that - ole one-step ahead of em Baez, says he was confused !! hehe....

Could this be another lapse of 'memory' <cough> like when he 'quite frankly' didn't know why they were there? (i.e., in court.)

If there's a hearing for this, ICA really needs to be in court this time so HHJBP can ask her - again - if she's satisfied with her attorney. How could anyone be satisfied with someone who is, or pretends to be, so ignorant of court orders and procedures?

I agree, she should be. However, she is IMO very pleased with their stalling statics, probably helping them come up with some as their paralegal. And when she nods her head and answers "yes" I will know it is because she knows what she did, they know what she did, and all are aware the case against her is so strong, the only thing they can do is act like imbeciles. Hmmm, Casey's Safety Dance.
I went back and watched the Feb 4 status hearing. When this was brought up in Part 2 and discussed, HHJBP was telling both sides that the defense needed to file the motion and Baez is heard telling (no mic at his table) "I already filed a motion."
That ladies and gentlemen is exactly what this is about. Once again, Baez struts his pigheadedness before his learned colleagues. This is who he is. He will take an admonishment and manipulate the court's time to try and school the state. He must know he looks like a charlatan, a wastrel.

Geesh...will this feigning of ignorance ever end?
Hey...I thought Baez was in Chicago? Guess he's just learned the power of the Internet.

Geesh...will this feigning of ignorance ever end?
Hey...I thought Baez was in Chicago? Guess he's just learned the power of the Internet.

Maybe he was thwarted by the prospect of Kathi chasing him down whilst he chased down experts, er ahem, listened in on the lectures :angel:

So the mighty legal powerhouse Cheney Mason was confused too? Maybe the JAC could fund a 5th grader to interpret this motion. It was clear for all to see. Their nonsense is reaching level red/defcon 5, whatever. They're just asking for it now. It's hardly entertaining...it's just a test to see how much disgusting, dishonest nonsense these "professionals" can get away with. I said this before - but no accountant, banker, investment broker would last 5 minutes pulling this garbage and neither should the defense.

Hmmm, so is he going to use his new word thwart in his excuse this time? Or will he use a thesaurus and pick out a synonym, or just check his word of the day calendar for the next new word to use? Because obviously this is not his fault and something got in his way!

I can't wait for his response, and to see what new word of the day he uses. Unbelievable. Please put that foot DOWN this time, HHJP!!!!

And I do have a question. If Baez can't adequately explain why he shouldn't be put into contempt, does that mean he'll put into contempt? Oh please let that happen!!!!

Coverage on this from WFTV. There is a link to a copy of the motion on this site.

Hmmm, so is he going to use his new word thwart in his excuse this time? Or will he use a thesaurus and pick out a synonym, or just check his word of the day calendar for the next new word to use? Because obviously this is not his fault and something got in his way!

I can't wait for his response, and to see what new word of the day he uses. Unbelievable. Please put that foot DOWN this time, HHJP!!!!

And I do have a question. If Baez can't adequately explain why he shouldn't be put into contempt, does that mean he'll put into contempt? Oh please let that happen!!!!

I'll save him the hunt.. here are 4 pages of words that mean thwart. I personally like contravene... dunno why but it sounds lawyerly or something. :innocent:

I am so amazed that Baez can't seem to understand an order that Judge Perry so plainly and clearly set forth everything he expected to be done for the Frye hearing. I quite honestly can't figure out what they are so confused about... and I can't wait for the hearing on this rule to show cause. Fining him didn't work so I wonder what the good judge will do to set Baez straight? Maybe... :behindbar ?

The judge needs to put him in a time out! Treat him like he's acting...like a 5 year old.

:doorhide: (this will be JB entering the courtroom next time)

MOO

Mel

Not only did Judge Perry make his requirements perfectly clear, but, he also ASKED them all if they had any questions while they were madly writing their notes on what was needed.

Now, if memory serves me correctly, Baez did ask for clarification on something, it was explained, and he continued writing.

Judge Perry asked again, and Baez, with head down, promptly spoke up that there was nothing more.

Baez had plenty of opportunity in court last time to ask for further explanations.
This is just ninny-knacking around the mulberry tree and wasting everyone's time, and, patience, IMO.

He's no more confused on what was painfully spelled out to him than anyone else is ~

LOL ya'all are just being too hard on lil JB. He probably tried to get hold of the court and couldn't get them to return his call.

This behavioral issue that Baez has will not cease until HHJBP puts his foot down...or his boot up.

ita and I'm sorry to all the Perry fans here but this is getting ridicules .. When is he gonna DO something? He doesn't really follow through with his threats..

I totally agree with you OneLostGrl! I believe that the defense is playing the "we can do whatever we want because this case is different and you all are afraid that denying us anything will came back to haunt you on appeal card" And you know what, it's working. So I too want to know from a legal standpoint when and how can the court put an end to all of their shenanigans?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back