Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Still in the rainy soggy PNW.... sigh....
    you know... it is so sad.... Florida, the US, the world has far to much missing, unsolved mysteries, without a trace or plain cold cases......

It is so easy to speculate but as well dangerous.....

I wonder in what shape the body was ...... I don't even wanna think that she/he might be cut up or so..... than it wouldn't be a problem to hide in a kind of small can....

The article doesn't really give a lot away..... and I can't find anything else regarding that..... for heavens sake this victim was a human being and deserves justice and a honorable place to rest......

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MicciStella For This Useful Post:

Yes, that person deserves to have their name back and proper handling of remains in whatever fashion, whether it be by burial or cremation etc.
    I assure you I mean no disrespect by speculating but this is kind of "in my back yard" if you will, so I am more than curious about it.

IMO, WS is a great place to tear cases apart and dissect them down to threads.
    I love having the input of so many other people with various backgrounds and experiences to bring to the table.

The article states that the remains were found towards the beginning of this month. We are now closer to the end of the month. Mtdna can be done in a just a few short days, right? So perhaps they are waiting for the better/longer version of DNA testing to be completed.

In any event, I don't see how us guessing or presenting possibilities and rule outs is harming anything. I would never want to do harm. If you think I might be, could you please explain how?

you are not... not at all.... smile.... I am more talking about myself..... I tend to hang on to ideas and as you say dissect it..... I know you don't harm..... just frustrating not to get more news and details.... I am sorry that you have it almost in your back yard..... I guess not a real nice feeling....... WE CAN DO THAT.....

by the way off topic.... cute profil picture..... I have only two beasties..... Bobby the Beagle and Gingy the Ginger Snap also beagle......

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MicciStella For This Useful Post:

Thanks. No worries.

I am back to wondering how many white vans Gary Hilton had. He had the one he owned when he was arrested and they found the one he abandoned. Like you, I wish we had more information. I am very curious as to whether this van is white.

OT: Dinner, BBL.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dsntslp For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dsntslp View Post
    So you both think the "snap lid" could be as simple as a trash can lid? OK, I won't over-think it then, lol.

I just kept thinking, if it was a trash can why did they not just SAY trash can? OK, I won't over think it, for now.....lol!
    Those Brute containers aren't like the normal residential trash cans with a lid that just sits on the top. The lids really do snap on tightly. They are often used in restaurant pantries to hold grains, beans, etc.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CarlK90245 For This Useful Post:

Thanks. No worries.

I am back to wondering how many white vans Gary Hilton had. He had the one he owned when he was arrested and they found the one he abandoned. Like you, I wish we had more information. I am very curious as to whether this van is white.

OT: Dinner, BBL.
    Where to did this guy have connections to.... city wise, county wise.. people wise.....

Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
    Those Brute containers aren't like the normal residential trash cans with a lid that just sits on the top. The lids really do snap on tightly. They are often used in restaurant pantries to hold grains, beans, etc.
    which would explain why no one ever complained about bad smells.....

I was wondering about that before.... I thought someone had to smell the decomposing or what ever smell came from the can.....

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MicciStella For This Useful Post:

Map of Rolling Oaks neighborhood in Trenton, Gilchrist Co. If you click the map, the red highlighted area is the subdivision and there are several wooded areas where the van might have been parked.

http://www.city-data.com/neighborhoo...renton-FL.html
    <-- Watched one too many Hanna-Barbera "teenage detective" cartoons as a kid.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tatertot For This Useful Post:

I looked at area maps on mapquest yesterday and found a couple of places that look like possibilities.
    I also went to the tax appraisers website for properties in that area that changed hands during the stated time period. Satellite maps at the tax appraisers site are fantastic!

I did find one that has/had a few vehicles that look like possibilities but I did/do not want to post it here until I know a confirmed exact location.

LOL, I conveniently left all of that out yesterday.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to dsntslp For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MicciStella View Post
    Where to did this guy have connections to.... city wise, county wise.. people wise.....
    Here is the most recent thread at WS about Gary Hilton.
    Gary Hilton - Cheryl Dunlap murder TRIAL - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

There are many, you will see links to more at the bottom of the page when you are on that one.

Within those threads is a wealth of information pertaining to Gary Hilton.

Some call him a serial killer but I think he is more of a spree killer.

Happy reading There is a lot.
    HTH
    Last edited by KateB; 04-11-2015 at 03:39 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to dsntslp For This Useful Post:

FWIW - Gilchrist County is really close to Gainesville, FL (University of Florida) and I-75.

The article said the van had been abandoned for about 5 years right?

If there was an abandoned van on my property the only way I would not thoroughly investigate it and its contents...is if it were mine.

Not being my own van, sooner or later I would go through it just to see what was inside.
    Seeing a container with a lid I would just have to open it, have to.
    What if something valuable was inside?

The only way I see this van being abandoned for that length of time and the land owners not going through it is if it belonged to family and was simply left behind or if the landowners were elderly etc and just never got around on their own property for some reason.

It doesn't even make sense for this van have to been on any of the land there that is cultivated or farmed. The workers/farmers/cowboys would certainly have checked things out? I wonder if it was locked?

I am curious as to how it was moved to the new owners property as well.

So many questions.
    This should turn out to be an interesting case to follow.

Prayers that the deceased is identified and any family notified.

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dsntslp For This Useful Post:

Just throwing this case in the ring because I can't find anything that says this van was ever found, still looking. There may also be a GA connection and the timing is close.

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2007/dec...news-breaking/

ETA: All of the known participants in this case are accounted for. I have played with the idea that somebody else may have been involved and was killed to silence them. Just a wild theory I thought may be a possibility.

Possible, but probably not probable.

Still trying to determine if they ever found the van...

ETA: I am assuming (dangerous, I know) that they found the van as it is not mentioned as still being missing during the trial. It says at this link that the van was driven back to GA after the victim was killed. http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/may...dnt-shoot-man/
    I hope it is connected to Timothy Blackwelder because when he appeals there will be more evidence against him. I hope the medical examiner can identify the body.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UdbCrzy2 For This Useful Post:

I just tryed to find some updates.... but it is almost like non existing...... I wonder if they even are looking in possible connections to all those missing cases.....

by the way.... This Gary Hilton guy....... brrrr..... scary.......

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MicciStella For This Useful Post:

We know Hilton was in the Tallahassee, FL area in 2007.
    http://www.tallahassee.com/article/2...-Cheryl-Dunlap

Tallahassee, FL to Trenton, Fl = 2 hrs 8 mins
    http://mapq.st/gfnH5X

Hilton bragged about putting bodies just over county lines to create confusion because it would involve multiple agencies, didn't he?

From the description in the article it sounds as if the van was just over the county line.

I am not implying Hilton did this. I am just pointing out observations.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dsntslp For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast