02.22.2011 Big Springs Search of Landfill

Hmmm... because of a tip? Or just standard protocol?? Thanks for the link!

Didn't they already search this landfill???!!:waitasec:

Two months later they are getting around to this? I don't understand.

And Billie won't like it, as the dump is surely an ugly place...

any locals seeing anything on local news?

Wow, seems like they would have done this already... what an accumulation they're going to have to dig through. Bless their hearts.

I was wondering why they waited so long too. Didn't they learn anything from Somer Thompson's case? (I think I may have just spelled that wrong)

I just so hope specific info led them there and it's not a stab in the dark.

I wonder if the forensics on the socks found in Howard County prompted this search.

BD one question........where is Hailey? ? ?

Is LE getting warmer? ? ?

Didn't they already search this landfill???!!:waitasec:

No they didn't - only abeiline and snyder. I was a little suprised by this (that they didn't search earlier) because didn't SA have to go thru BS at some point the day Hailey disappeared?

Could be wrong....

Mel

ETA: with 3 agencies there, this does sound like a serious tip IMHO.

Colorado City Police are being assisted by the Big Spring Police Department and the Howard County Sheriff's Office.

Since SA stayed in that area for most of Monday it seems like the logical thing to do...even thou thats a big nasty job...

But a Tip or more evidence would be nice in this case....its seems to being slowing down.

I have two windows open because I'm trying to take a FEMA class, but I'm having trouble tearing myself away. We SO need answers in this case!

Justice for Hailey.

I hope that they got a crack in the case and that Hailey is found today! Two months later and they are just now searching? Let us all hope and pray something brought them there.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=345006&shr=addthis
Investigators Searching Landfill for Dunn Case Clues
Dogs are searching the landfill in Big Spring this afternoon looking for clues in the disappearance of Hailey Dunn, according to Colorado City city manager Pete Kampfer.

Good Ol' Pete always good for a straight answer...

The search may be related to follow ups on a combination of both new leads and old leads, Kampfer said.

Praying that today is the day...please let Hailey be found. And let those responsible for her harm pay for it dearly.

I put my tv on a local channel but I'm not seeing anything. That's not surprising.
I don't remember seeing that it had been searched before but I guess I thought it had. I'm disappointed that they are just now doing it since his Mom lives in Big Spring.

If you want to dump anything at the Big Spring landfill as a private citizen, you have to pay to get in. There would be a receipt.

I don't know how they would find anything there after this much time has gone by! I haven't been there in years but there is so much there!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back