635 users online (70 members and 565 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

LA - Titus Gooseberry, 2, stomped to death, Harvey, 14 Jan 2011

WARNING: Graphic details of abuse to a two year old child.

...a footprint, pressed flatly into Titus Gooseberry's back, caused fatal damage, tearing apart the youngster's liver, Detective Solomon Burke said Tuesday.

Authorities believe that footprint belonged to his grandmother, Janella Lewis, who is accused of second-degree murder of the boy Jan. 14 or Jan. 15.

"The coroner actually said it was the worst lacerated liver she had ever seen," Burke said of the autopsy finding. "She said when she cut him open, a piece of his liver popped out."

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...of_killin.html
    More at the link.

Something tells me the details described in the article only touch the tip of the iceberg. This is one of those cases that causes me to question my anti death penalty stance.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

sickening

I can't take this anymore.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

I have a lot of respect for any LE officers who have to have contact with garbage like this, and are able to control themselves. I am not sure I could do it.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Kimberlyd125 is offline Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.
    From your link Bessie:

The autopsy also revealed severe abrasions between his buttocks, Burke said.

Pressed for an explanation, Lewis claimed "she used a nail file to rub between his cheeks to help potty train him," Burke said.

What a MONSTER
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom

Kimberlyd125 is offline Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.
    Poor baby. Rest in Peace.
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberlyd125 View Post
    From your link Bessie:

The autopsy also revealed severe abrasions between his buttocks, Burke said.

Pressed for an explanation, Lewis claimed "she used a nail file to rub between his cheeks to help potty train him," Burke said.

What a MONSTER
    "(Lewis) claimed he got tied up in her feet while she tried to put out the trash, and she stepped on him," Burke said. "She said she dusted him off, changed his clothing and put him to bed."

Sure. Yes. This is how we potty train our little ones----we scrub their tenderest parts with a nail file. And OF COURSE babies get tangled up in our feet when we are stomping down the trash.

Oh, Jesus.

I am a grandmother. I am even a great-grandmother. I DELIGHT in my grandchildren, I REVEL in my great-grandson! How can anyone hurt a part of themselves?

Lord knows I'll never understand what goes on in the mind of a human being who can repeatedly torture and abuse a child, but when the victim is a flesh and blood relative...yeah, that takes it to a different dimension. Evil, that's all I can say. Just bleeping evil.

May the little one rest in peace, and prayers for the three year-old sibling who is now is state custody.

Katy, I also have great respect for LE who show restraint when dealing with these individuals. They are far stronger than I. It's all I can do to keep from typing a whole lotta expletives. Imagine maintaining composure when face to face with them! Nope, not me.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

How could anyone harm a 2 year old baby this way, let alone the baby's alleged grandmother...

OneLostGrl is offline I'm going against the grain- I'm going sane
    omg I just can't stand this

West Palm Beach (Palm Beach County) Florida
    omg! What a evil woman.

OMG I can't take this anymore,that EVIL B***H!!! How I would love to stomp her back!!!

Poor little Titus...what suffering he must have endured his last hours on earth

He certainly deserves better than what life dealt him, and with his angel wings, he has so much more.
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

Grandmother, lover indicted in death of 2 year-old boy in Harvey

Published: Thursday, May 05, 2011, 6:47 PM Updated: Thursday, May 05, 2011, 6:48 PM

A Jefferson Parish grand jury Thursday indicted a Harvey woman in the brutal death of her two year-old grandson and her live-in lover as an accessory to the murder.

Janella Lewis, 40, is charged with second-degree murder and cruelty to juveniles in connection with the injuries Titus Gooseberry suffered over a period of about a month before he died Jan. 14. The toddler died from lacerations to his liver allegedly caused by Lewis stomping on his back, but he also suffered a burn on his wrist, bruises on his legs and abrasions between his buttocks, according to the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office.
    http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...dicted_in.html

It's about time! Lewis has been in the Jefferson Parish jail in Gretna, LA since January. Her lover posted bond but is expected to be re-arrested, according to the article, with a new bond set at $150,000. I'm not sure what kind of sentence she's facing, but the grandmother will be sentenced to life in prison if convicted, and I can't believe that she won't be. Her footprint was on the poor child's back, for pity's sake!

The good news is that in Louisiana, life in prison means life in prison. I hope they both rot there.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

West Palm Beach (Palm Beach County) Florida
    The good news is that in Louisiana, life in prison means life in prison.

Really Bessie?? Thank god!! This lady is pure evil! Justice for this little angel.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast