GUILTY LA - Titus Gooseberry, 2, stomped to death, Harvey, 14 Jan 2011

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
WARNING: Graphic details of abuse to a two year old child. :(

...a footprint, pressed flatly into Titus Gooseberry's back, caused fatal damage, tearing apart the youngster's liver, Detective Solomon Burke said Tuesday.

Authorities believe that footprint belonged to his grandmother, Janella Lewis, who is accused of second-degree murder of the boy Jan. 14 or Jan. 15.

"The coroner actually said it was the worst lacerated liver she had ever seen," Burke said of the autopsy finding. "She said when she cut him open, a piece of his liver popped out."

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2011/02/harvey_woman_accused_of_killin.html
More at the link.

Something tells me the details described in the article only touch the tip of the iceberg. This is one of those cases that causes me to question my anti death penalty stance.

I can't take this anymore.

I have a lot of respect for any LE officers who have to have contact with garbage like this, and are able to control themselves. I am not sure I could do it.

From your link Bessie:

The autopsy also revealed severe abrasions between his buttocks, Burke said.

Pressed for an explanation, Lewis claimed "she used a nail file to rub between his cheeks to help potty train him," Burke said.

:waitasec: What a MONSTER :banghead:

Poor baby. Rest in Peace.

From your link Bessie:

The autopsy also revealed severe abrasions between his buttocks, Burke said.

Pressed for an explanation, Lewis claimed "she used a nail file to rub between his cheeks to help potty train him," Burke said.

:waitasec: What a MONSTER :banghead:

"(Lewis) claimed he got tied up in her feet while she tried to put out the trash, and she stepped on him," Burke said. "She said she dusted him off, changed his clothing and put him to bed."

Sure. Yes. This is how we potty train our little ones----we scrub their tenderest parts with a nail file. And OF COURSE babies get tangled up in our feet when we are stomping down the trash.

Oh, Jesus.

I am a grandmother. I am even a great-grandmother. I DELIGHT in my grandchildren, I REVEL in my great-grandson! How can anyone hurt a part of themselves?

Lord knows I'll never understand what goes on in the mind of a human being who can repeatedly torture and abuse a child, but when the victim is a flesh and blood relative...yeah, that takes it to a different dimension. Evil, that's all I can say. Just bleeping evil.

May the little one rest in peace, and prayers for the three year-old sibling who is now is state custody.

Katy, I also have great respect for LE who show restraint when dealing with these individuals. They are far stronger than I. It's all I can do to keep from typing a whole lotta expletives. Imagine maintaining composure when face to face with them! Nope, not me.

How could anyone harm a 2 year old baby this way, let alone the baby's alleged grandmother...

omg I just can't stand this

OMG I can't take this anymore,that EVIL *advertiser censored*!!! How I would love to stomp her back!!!

Poor little Titus...what suffering he must have endured his last hours on earth :(

He certainly deserves better than what life dealt him, and with his angel wings, he has so much more.

Grandmother, lover indicted in death of 2 year-old boy in Harvey

Published: Thursday, May 05, 2011, 6:47 PM Updated: Thursday, May 05, 2011, 6:48 PM

A Jefferson Parish grand jury Thursday indicted a Harvey woman in the brutal death of her two year-old grandson and her live-in lover as an accessory to the murder.

Janella Lewis, 40, is charged with second-degree murder and cruelty to juveniles in connection with the injuries Titus Gooseberry suffered over a period of about a month before he died Jan. 14. The toddler died from lacerations to his liver allegedly caused by Lewis stomping on his back, but he also suffered a burn on his wrist, bruises on his legs and abrasions between his buttocks, according to the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office.
http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2011/05/grandmother_lover_indicted_in.html

It's about time! Lewis has been in the Jefferson Parish jail in Gretna, LA since January. Her lover posted bond but is expected to be re-arrested, according to the article, with a new bond set at $150,000. I'm not sure what kind of sentence she's facing, but the grandmother will be sentenced to life in prison if convicted, and I can't believe that she won't be. Her footprint was on the poor child's back, for pity's sake!

The good news is that in Louisiana, life in prison means life in prison. I hope they both rot there.

The good news is that in Louisiana, life in prison means life in prison.

Really Bessie?? Thank god!! This lady is pure evil! Justice for this little angel.

From December 2012:

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2012/12/harvey_grandmothers_incriminat.html

Lewis' live-in lover, Tonya Gooseberry, 36, who also goes by Tony Gooseberry, pleaded guilty in August to accessory after the fact to second-degree murder in connection with Titus' death and has been sentenced to five years of probation.

From June 2013:

http://www.americanpress.com/news/local/Harvey-woman-pleads-guilty-in-death-of-grandson

Janella Lewis, of Harvey, pleaded guilty to manslaughter and cruelty to a juvenile last week.

Lewis was sentenced to a 40-year prison term for inflicting the fatal injuries to Titus Gooseberry on Jan. 14, 2011.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back