793 users online (98 members and 695 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

LA - Man tries twice to pick up preschoolers

Man tries twice to pick up preschoolers

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 9:48 PM EST
    Source: Baton Rouge Police Department

BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - Police are looking for a man that tried to pick up a child from preschool without permission on February 15th.

According to reports, the man went into the gym of an area preschool holding a rose and gave the name of a child he was there to pick up. When he was told there were no kids by that name, he allegedly walked outside, came back in and said he was there to pick up another child, giving a different name. School officials told him he didn't have permission to take the child and he left.
    Everyone sees who you appear to be ... few really know who you are.

OMG. Was he serious? Did he think they were going to just hand over a toddler because he knew their first name? Somebody get this moron off the streets , please.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

It's scary because this guy sounds like he was very bold and determined. What's even scarier is that he's still loose. I really hope the people in Baton Rouge and surrounding areas are aware of this and what happened.
    Everyone sees who you appear to be ... few really know who you are.

He is not going to get the chance to take 'pick one up' at school, hopefully. But I agree, he is very dangerous, and seems desperate. I have no doubt that he would grab a child if he gets an opportunity. Let's hope someone recognizes him first.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

The rose just about does me in. That is tremendously creepy.

What's really scary is this age child is one of the easiest to abduct. I have a preschooler we go over stranger danger and all that. But I think he could be easily tricked into going anywhere (although we practice this all the time). Just when I think we are on it, I'll throw in a puppy or candy scenario (even though we've done this a lot) and sometimes he will still fall for it. If parents don't keep their eyes on their kids 100% of the time in public, this guy could get his prey. Very scary.

keeponsearching is offline The mighty Oak was once a little nut that stood its ground.
    mental problem? Thats scary.

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    That is really scary. Sounds like this guy "needs" a child now - and is determined to find one. I hope they catch him before we hear of a child missing from a park or playground...
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

Kimberlyd125 is offline Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.
    I'm about 20 minutes from Baton Rouge and I have not heard about this yet. I just turned the local news on and will pass along any info I hear.
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom

Ok I just saw it on WAFB.

Not much more info.

They said he got the names by looking at artwork displayed at the school. Did not say what school it was.

Asking anybody with information to call Crime stoppers.
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom

According to WAFB, "He was last seen driving a red Chevy pickup with a white sticker on the back glass."

http://www.wafb.com/Global/story.asp?S=14080429

Why are we just now hearing about this incident? It happened a week ago. I haven't seen anything in the New Orleans news, and when you have a predator on the loose who's as brazen as this guy, I think it should be reported across the state, or at least within a 150-200 mile radius. Schools have to be alerted. This situation is being taken too lightly, imo.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Quote Originally Posted by bessie View Post
    Why are we just now hearing about this incident? It happened a week ago. I haven't seen anything in the New Orleans news, and when you have a predator on the loose who's as brazen as this guy, I think it should be reported across the state, or at least within a 150-200 mile radius. Schools have to be alerted. This situation is being taken too lightly, imo.
    I agree bessie.

I'm worried he will find a child somewhere else, besides a child care/preschool center.
    I worked as a preschool teacher for years and I can tell you, his chances of any preschool letting him take a child without proper documentation is slim to none. But, parks and malls and other public areas is not so hard to snatch a child.

Every parent in Louisiana should know about this story.
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom

http://www.wafb.com/Global/story.asp?S=14080429

The suspect is described as a white man between 23 and 26 years old. He was about 5'10" and weighed 175-185 pounds. He also had brown hair.

He was last seen wearing a blue t-shirt, black skull cap, blue jeans and sunglasses.

He drove off in a red Chevy pickup with a white sticker on the back glass.
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom

For all the good it will do, I e-mailed the links to our local news outlets with a suggestion that they run the story. I spoke with two friends who work in local elementary schools: one's a teacher in Orleans; the other is a secretary in a Jefferson Parish school. Neither had heard any mention of the incident.

I agree with you, Kimberly, the chances are very slim that a school employee would release a child to this guy. You never know, though. It only takes one mistake. Regardless, if he struck out at one school, he'll try again at another. I'd bet on it. Schools AND parents have to be alerted to be on the lookout.

(OT: Love your Mardi Gras motif. Great photo. )
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast