Thread: CO-2 Killed in Douglas County Home

Hybrid View

CO-2 Killed in Douglas County Home

http://www.9news.com/news/article/18...s-County-home-

DOUGLAS COUNTY - Deputies say two adults were found dead in a home Wednesday morning after authorities responded to a welfare check.
    This is all my opinion, which is subject to change with more information, if the wind changes direction, or if I wake up in a different mood...

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DeepThinker For This Useful Post:

http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-body-f...0,496793.story
    2 bodies found in remote Douglas Co. home

CASTLE ROCK, Colo. -- A gruesome discovery inside a sprawling Douglas County home Wednesday.

Deputies conducted a welfare check at the home on Marlin Way, in the Keene Ranch subdivision, at about 3 a.m. when they immediately found evidence of a crime.

Hours later, after obtaining a search warrant, they found the bodies of two adults inside.While police have not yet released the names of the deceased, neighbors and public records say the home is owned by 49-year-old Bob Rafferty who lives there with his wife, Tammy.

Neighbors tell FOX31 News that Tammy Rafferty was out of town on business Wednesday, and their daughter and son are both away at college.

“We do not have a suspect in custody, and we do not have a suspect,” said Sgt. Ron Hanavan. “However, we don't have any information to lead us to believe that any of the other neighbors around here are in danger.”

A sister-in-law had been living at the home recently after being harassed by an estranged or ex-husband. Neighbors say it's that woman, and Bob Rafferty, who are believed to have been found inside. Causes of death have not been released.

an earlier posting :
    Murder-suicide at home on 2400 block of Marlin Way in Keene Ranch?: Two bodies found.

When two bodies are found and authorities say they're not seeking other suspects, the deadly math typically equates to a murder-suicide scenario. But that's only speculation at this point in the investigation on the 2400 block of Marlin Way in Keene Ranch.

Thus far, the Douglas County Sheriff's Office hasn't released names or more than the barest details.

This is not a hard news source, more of a blog so should be considered speculation. http://blogs.westword.com/latestword...eene_ranch.php
    Last edited by noZme; 02-23-2011 at 09:05 PM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to noZme For This Useful Post:

It is not a murder suicide, they are looking for a killer. Sounds like the victims are the homeowner and maybe a girlfriend. The wife was out of town and the kids were at college.

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_17460628

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to colette For This Useful Post:

It almost sounds as if maybe the ex-husband of the sister-in-law showed up and the homeowner was home as well....but this is very preliminary
    This is all my opinion, which is subject to change with more information, if the wind changes direction, or if I wake up in a different mood...

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DeepThinker For This Useful Post:

The victims are identified 39-year-old Amara Wells and 49-year old Robert D. Rafferty in a home on Marlin Way.

The Coroner said both died as a result of "sharp force injuries." The medical term is used to describe stab wounds, incised wounds and chop wounds.

According to court documents, Wells was staying at the Rafferty house because she was in the midst of divorce proceedings and was being harassed by her estranged husband, Christopher Wells.

Christopher Wells was arrested Tuesday at his home in Monument and was in police custody at the time of the double homicide. He was arrested for violating a restraining order, according to records reviewed by 7NEWS.
    The article says he was in jail but I wonder if he killed them before he was arrested. He sounds like the killer, time of death will be very important.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...65/detail.html

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to colette For This Useful Post:

6-Year-Old Girl Found Mom's, Uncle's Bodies

Documents Show Amara Wells Was Scared For Her Safety

DOUGLAS COUNTY, Colo. -- Court documents uncovered by 7NEWS showed that the woman killed in a double-homicide was scared of her estranged husband, and even had a code word with her family in case it was needed.

Amara Wells, 39, and her brother-in-law, 49-year-old Robert Rafferty, were found dead Wednesday at 3 a.m. The coroner said they were stabbed to death.

7NEWS has learned that Amara's 6-year-old daughter found their bodies then ran to a neighbor's house for help. That neighbor called 911.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...77/detail.html

Oh man! A 6yo found them. Horrible!

Please note, husband was arrested Tuesday for breaking the RO. The victims were found Wednesday at 3 a.m.

I'd be interested to see what time this guy was arrested and WHERE?

I THINK I know how this is going to turn out.

JMHO
    fran

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to fran For This Useful Post:

Husband Of Murder Victim In Police Custody

DOUGLAS COUNTY, Colo. (CBS4)- The husband of one of two murder victims found inside a home near Castle Rock was being held on $1 million bond on Friday. Investigators won’t say whether Christopher Wells is a suspect in the double homicide

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2011/02/2...olice-custody/

Ok, so now we know that the husband was arrested on Tuesday at 11(something) a.m. and the bodies were not found until Wednesday at 3:00 a.m.

Oh, yeah, police are not naming any suspects, but the husband who was supposed to be under arrest about the RO, well..................his bail is $1,000,000!

For just a domestic dispute?

Interesting? Hit??????

JMHO
    fran

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fran For This Useful Post:

Monument woman's estranged husband arrested before bodies found

The ex-husband of a woman killed in a Douglas County home early Wednesday is being held on $1 million bail, public records show.

He was in custody at the time of the murders, authorities say.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.gazette.com/articles/well...-rafferty.html

Oh, wow! The husband under arrest is the brother of the male victim's wife. Double, no triple whammy for her. Poor thing, and her daughter as well.

Seems there's LOTS of evidence. According to this article, LE was still at the murder scene and on Thursday and they said they'd be there for a few more days.

JMHO
    fran

16. The Following User Says Thank You to fran For This Useful Post:

Text messages show harassment of murdered woman

Christopher Wells was arrested after his wife was questioned about an allegation that she had inappropriately scanned personal information of clients of the Keystone bank where she worked, according to court records obtained by 9News. He allegedly made the false accusation.

Amara Wells told deputies that her husband had long been harassing her in violation of a restraining order through text messages but she had overlooked the violations until he made the false accusation.

She then released 184 text messages he sent to her in January, in which he calls her "fat, ugly and a piece of ----," to authorities.

During January Amara Wells returned 47 text messages to her husband, often warning him to stop trying to contact her or she would call police.

"Just stop trying to control everything. I just want u 2 LEAVE ME ALONE!! MY JOB and my life!!!!!!!!" she wrote on Jan. 26, six days after she was confronted about the accusation of her scanning bank customer's private information.

In the next 15 minutes, he sent another five text messages, discussing their divorce, child custody issues and his criminal case.

Finally, she wrote: "I don't want u. U have lost your mind and u need to own up to what u have done. That's the laws problem not mine any more."

Amara Wells had been staying at the Rafferty home since August

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<more at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingne...796?source=rss
    Last edited by fran; 02-26-2011 at 04:09 PM. Reason: to add link

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fran For This Useful Post:

carbuff is offline ebook Bad Fairies available from Torridbooks.com, Amazon, B&N
    Sounds like he might have hired some thugs?
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to carbuff For This Useful Post:

Sure sounds premeditated too. Gets himself in jail for violation of a restraining order, great alibi... then have thugs kill the victims while in jail. I hope they all roll over on him, I bet they already have.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to colette For This Useful Post:

Gosh, this sounds HORRIBLE! To even think that Wells thought he could get away with this is just crazy...and then to enlist these three other guys to do his dirty work. What horrific men!!

DOUGLAS COUNTY, Colo. -- An autopsy report on a man and woman believed to have been killed in a murder-for-hire case showed that they died a brutally violent death, and whoever killed them wanted to make sure they did not survive.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...32/detail.html

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lucy's mom For This Useful Post: