807 users online (95 members and 712 guests)  

Websleuths News

FL - Mom Got High With Infant In Car

What are these women thinking. As a society, are we losing the maternal instinct to care for and protect our young?

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/26975471/detail.html

ahhh...a huffer. That's the worst! I saw an episode on intervention, and it really messes with your brain. I hope she gets the help she needs -- pretty hard stuff to come off of.

MOO

Mel

Amanda Branda is an RN. She's no kid. She's 31 years old.

Something is going on there. Poor baby wasn't even three weeks old yet.

She is so fortunate she didn't kill somone. We had a girl in Upper Darby run a beautiful young girl over and killed her.

No way am I excusing her. No way, but why would a 31 year old RN huff?

http://www.flmds.com/Registered_Nurse_AMANDA_M_BRANDA

People might be shocked to know that I know what hot-boxing is. I know about it because I lived with the after effects of it for 15 years. Our youngest son was born to a meth-addicted mom. He was her fourth son. She went into labor behind a bar and an ambulance was called. For unknown reasons, she was allowed to leave the hospital two days later with a full term baby. He tested positive for meth at birth. When he came to us at age three years, I was able to read his written history. His mother clearly stated that she would drive her older children to school and then sit in the car and smoke meth with our son in his car seat. She said it was the only way she could get through her days. Thank goodness she has gotten clean since she lost her children.

Our son was not only prenatally exposed but postnatally exposed. His little brain was fried and he's not a very nice young man. His 20th birthday is today and I have no idea where he is or if he's safe. He has no control over his anger and cannot read social clues. He's been arrested a number of times for stalking and run out of town by one Oregon sheriff after another. He didn't ask for this anymore than this poor baby did.

The damage is done. It doesn't go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Missizzy View Post
    People might be shocked to know that I know what hot-boxing is. I know about it because I lived with the after effects of it for 15 years. Our youngest son was born to a meth-addicted mom. He was her fourth son. She went into labor behind a bar and an ambulance was called. For unknown reasons, she was allowed to leave the hospital two days later with a full term baby. He tested positive for meth at birth. When he came to us at age three years, I was able to read his written history. His mother clearly stated that she would drive her older children to school and then sit in the car and smoke meth with our son in his car seat. She said it was the only way she could get through her days. Thank goodness she has gotten clean since she lost her children.

Our son was not only prenatally exposed but postnatally exposed. His little brain was fried and he's not a very nice young man. His 20th birthday is today and I have no idea where he is or if he's safe. He has no control over his anger and cannot read social clues. He's been arrested a number of times for stalking and run out of town by one Oregon sheriff after another. He didn't ask for this anymore than this poor baby did.

The damage is done. It doesn't go away.

Poor kid. That is heartbreaking, Izzy. His 20th birthday! Lord may he be safe wherever he is this young man.

The huffing as opposed to the meth ya have to wonder what parts of this lil baby's brain could be effected with her huffing in the car.

Also has she just picked this up out of nowhere? Maybe. Although for some reason huffers seem to go for the stuff ya clean keyboards with. I know they will huff anything, but usually kids they go for that keyboard cleaner.

A Nurse with a newborn. Postpartum depression? I am not excusing her. It's a reckless awful thing to do. Ya gotta wonder though. Plus she said she didn't know she huffed the entire thing.

Huffing is just one thing I so do not get. Just don't get it. Thank goodness.

Ohhhhh nooooooo

******Article from August********

A child called for help for his mom. There's two more young ones. Cops came and Amanda Branda was passed out in a bedroom while her two young kids were in the house. A female Officer allowed her to use the bathroom and followed her to see Branda huffinf from a can.

Prior to this she had been arrested three other times.

Soooooooooooo yes she was huffing while pregnant.

Now why on God's green earth was she allowed yet again to take a baby with her out of a hospital when she has a record like this? Where are those two other children?

Clearly she has a reakky big problem. Sadly her children have bigger ones.

http://www.ocala.com/article/2010082...CLES/100829966

Huffing and meth scare the pea turkey out of me. You might as well play Russian roulette with your brain cells, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Missizzy View Post
    scare the pea turkey out of me.
    Oh you so know I am going to use that phrase tomorrow on someone.

Meanwhile indeed and not to get into all the specifics of drugs, but that huffing and meth and crack do alot more damage to the brain as opposed to opiates. None of it is good, but these chemicals in that garbage really take a toll. Sadly I witnessed it with my dear deceased friend. Old school meth of the 80's. It got to be like "Hello are you in there?" She wasn't. She knew she was putting P2P into her body, but hey it never stopped her.

Prayers this woman's children get to go with someone that will protect them and care for them and get them help.

West Palm Beach (Palm Beach County) Florida
    I hope this woman gets help asap! Poor children I hope they are not returned to her again!