Miscarriage a crime!?

rpipergirl

proud owner Kidmissing
Reaction score
Website
webspace.webring.com
from the link: "Such term does not include a naturally occurring expulsion of a fetus known medically as a 'spontaneous abortion' and popularly as a 'miscarriage' so long as there is no human involvement whatsoever in the causation of such event."

I prefer that all legislators male of female keep their laws off my uterus. My daughters uterus' too. (what's the plural for uterus'? uteri?) heh. JK on the plural, not on the legislating a what a woman can and can't do with her own body. JMHO

Hmmm, the death penalty seems a little contrary, doesn't it? Absurd.

sounds like extremists types of certain religions that come up with these laws.
don't we have a seperation between church and state?
what if a woman was impregnated by a rape?
this is ridiculous.

I prefer that all legislators male of female keep their laws off my uterus. My daughters uterus' too. (what's the plural for uterus'? uteri?) heh. JK on the plural, not on the legislating a what a woman can and can't do with her own body. JMHO

I couldn't agree more. In another article a Dr. from the Mayo Clinic said we can't defend our patients because we don't know what causes most miscarriages.

Oh for crying out loud!

I think I just got whiplash from being slammed back into the dark ages!

Are there not enough REAL issues to worry about right now?

Fools.

I'm having a hard time understanding here. So when a woman miscarries, she will have to now prove that it was a natural miscarriage? As if suffering a miscarriage isn't heartbreaking enough, sheesh.

This is what happens when you give idiots the keys to the kingdom.

Being a woman who went through a 20+ week miscarriage and several after that (early), I find this absolutely repulsive. Especially since autopsy of 20+ week fetus showed no signs of why she died. How could any woman defend herself where Nature intervened? My heart still aches after 31 years. I have absolutely no words that I could place here, without getting banned, to define the anger I feel regarding this.

Are there any statistics as to how common it is for women to induce their own miscarriages nowadays? With abortion legal, I wouldn't think there would be many.

I typically do not weigh in on this thread. However, I don't know whether to cry or shake my head in disbelief. I found this form letter which I hope does not offend:

http://www.feministe.us/blog/archiv...franklin-i-submit-my-used-tampon-as-evidence/

Dear Rep. Franklin,

I applaud your efforts to support the rights of zygote citizens of Georgia by criminalizing miscarriages and investigating every instance of fetal death as a potential crime. The bill you are trying to pass is clear that the Georgia State Assembly knows that life begins at the moment of conception, and that any fertilized egg that dies is a human death that we should all grieve. I couldn't agree more, and I would like to help.

As I'm sure you know, more than 50% of fertilized eggs --Georgia citizens! -- naturally don't implant, and are flushed out of the body during menstruation. I am personally concerned that my own murdering woman-body may have flushed out some human beings, and I may have flushed them down the toilet without knowing that I was disposing of Georgia citizens in such an undignified way. This must be remedied. I would like to be sure that I am not killing any more Georgia citizens -- and that if I am, they are able to receive a proper funeral and not a burial at sea, and that our state police can dedicate valuable time and resources to investigating their deaths.

To that end, I attach a picture of my latest used tampon. I am preserving this tampon, as well as all of my other tampons, pads, feminine hygiene products and soiled panties from my current menstrual cycle, so that the Georgia State Police can come collect them as evidence. I would also be happy to drop the specimens off at your office, should you want to examine them yourself.

Please let me know if I can make an appointment to give you these items. Or, since I appreciate that you are a very busy man, please let me know when the police will be by my home to collect them, as my next cycle is rapidly approaching and they are starting to smell. I cannot keep them in my refrigerator for much longer.

Thanks for all the work you do to further the pro-life cause.

Sincerely,
[name]

I wonder if they are maybe trying to target cases where the expectant mother does drugs and/or alcohol during her pregnancy? If so it sounds like it is poorly worded.

I wonder if they are maybe trying to target cases where the expectant mother does drugs and/or alcohol during her pregnancy? If so it sounds like it is poorly worded.

Probably. But our decades-long "War on Drugs" shows what happens when we try to use the criminal justice system to treat health issues.

Rep. Franklin is pathetic. He also wants to get rid of public schools, drivers' licenses, and lower the minimum driving age to 12. He also says that rape victims should be called "rape accusers" instead. He has openly compared gays to drug dealers. "The Bible says it's a capital offense," Franklin said of homosexuality. "You want someone with unrepentant criminal behavior?"

Who are the people who electing this idiot? It saddens me that so many share the same views as him.

There are a lot of people in this country who will go to great extremes to keep women in their place.

http://http://fertilitylabinsider.com/2011/02/reproductive-bills-in-the-news/

There is a bill in Oklahoma right now that is like this, a "personhood" bill. As someone who is currently undergoing fertility treatments in OK this concerns me so much. I wrote the state senators opposing this bill and actually received a reply back. I was so disappointed in this reply.

"I agree with you but if I vote against it I will be labelled as anti pro-life. I know that is not true but the Republicans control the definition of who we are. I realise that is a sad state of politics but that is reality"

I won't include the name of the state senator but I am disgusted by this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back