Page 54 of 57 FirstFirst ... 44445464748495051525354555657 LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 1413

Thread: 2011.02.24 Deviant images & pornography found on a computer and memory stick

  1. #1326
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Eastern U.S.
    Posts
    2,876
    Quote Originally Posted by grandmaj View Post
    Can anyone provide me with a link from LE reversing their statement and stating now, that there was no porn on the flash drive? We already know Billie Dunn stated this.

    Now I'm seeing posts in the Hailey Forum which appear to have statements that have not been verified from a show last night. Tricia already told us not to take PH's statements as fact until she can verify them.

    So what part about Tricia asking you to keep unverified information in the Parking Lot don't we understand? I've removed 5 posts and moved a few. Knock it off.

    Where does Parking Lot rumor stay? Until it can be verified?
    I apologize. I thought the DA had made this statement, and there's been no denial of it... although we know LE is very tight-lipped on this one.
    My posts are strictly MY opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error, or who may be offended because I do not see eye to eye with them on all matters related to this case. I hope our differences can be set aside as we unite in the search for this child. Your opinions and insights are just as valuable as mine.

    Make a difference. Read my story in the CAPER - Citizens Against Pedophile's Early Release Forum

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LisaB For This Useful Post:


  3. #1327
    SmoothOperator's Avatar
    SmoothOperator is offline Sadly what connects all these puzzles is that there's a victim@the heart of each
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,586
    As I was reading back thru all Hailey threads and evidence(just last 3-4wks)when I got to the Deviant Porn and it first breaking news on 2/24 I was really shocked at how dead-on BeanE was with her observations and intuitions about the pornography found..Here's a couple examples{and keep in mind when she posted these there was no way of knowing what would later be released[i.e.child porn/beastiality]IT WAS NOT KNOWN AT THE TIME OF THESE POSTS}:

    Originally Posted by BeanE on 2/24/11
    I think deviant in the legal sense also includes such activities as... hmmmm... bestiality, for one.
    Right off the bat she hits the nail on the head w/beastiality{and if you google "deviant porn" it includes hundreds of different types.BS is only 1 of those hundreds}
    Originally Posted by BeanE on 2/24/11
    I think the memory stick has every day, garden variety porny, and the puter has... the good stuff.
    This above post of BeanE's is really impressive..intuitive..she bingoed here again w/the computer being the main hit{for the hard stuff} and the "porn stick"being more of your garden variety of regular porn..

    Then I also wanted to show just how many of us were wanting to givve these guys the benefit of the doubt here..even after heard about how much "porn"..we were still giving them the benefit of the doubt in stating that until we knew more we were not going to believe it to be anything more than just regular ol' porn.{and for a 25 yr old male I'd say that is not out of the norm}
    Originally Posted by Blue eyed chick on 2/24/11
    I don't consider finding porn to be that big of a deal, unless it was something illegal, like animals or children.
    Then Princess Oz was under the same assumption I was and it seems as tho we were extremely misguided in our thoughts..believing that if there had been child porn{which we all know it ended up being}that there would already be "someone" jailed for this horrendous crime...but boy were we wrong! Its still yet to even be brought before a grand jury{sad IMO}
    Originally Posted by Princess of Oz on 2/24/11
    NO - someone would be locked up already if that were the case.
    And then lastly chili "man sleuth" sleuthed and found us that the dell computer was purchased towards the end of 2008..right at 2 yrs at the longest for the 108;498 pictures of deviant porn including both child porn and beastiality to have been collected and downloaded to the computer..

    Originally Posted by Chili Fries on 2/24/11
    It looks to me like that computer was first sold sometime in summer/fall 2008.

    That = 149 Images of deviant/child porn/beastiality PER DAY FOR 2 FULL YEARS!!!!!!!!!
    That clearly is an "obsession" of exorbitant proportions..and to just give you an idea of just what a GREAT/TREMENDOUS amount that it is below I will post a link that states that one of the LARGEST child porn rings busted there ENTIRE amt collected from the entire sting/bust was 75;000 images..and Shawn Adkin's computer has 108;498 images.. That to me speaks VOLUMES..
    ..Indicted 700 child predators and resulted in 31 children being rescued from horrific conditions, authorities in Great Britian say..
    http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=3290557&page=1
    **this is not the actual child porn ring I was referring to but until I can locate the actual link I put this as a reference for now..will post correct story/link when I locate**
    Last edited by SmoothOperator; 03-14-2011 at 04:07 PM. Reason: added link

  4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to SmoothOperator For This Useful Post:


  5. #1328
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    43,448
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BeanE on 2/24/11
    I think the memory stick has every day, garden variety porny, and the puter has... the good stuff.

    This above post of BeanE's is really impressive..intuitive..she bingoed here again w/the computer being the main hit{for the hard stuff} and the "porn stick"being more of your garden variety of regular porn..



    BBM
    Smooth while in the future we may find out that this is true, could you explain to me how you have come to this conclusion now? Thanks.

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to grandmaj For This Useful Post:


  7. #1329
    hollyblue's Avatar
    hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    9,113
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothOperator View Post
    As I was reading back thru all Hailey threads and evidence(just last 3-4wks)when I got to the Deviant Porn and it first breaking news on 2/24 I was really shocked at how dead-on BeanE was with her observations and intuitions about the pornography found..Here's a couple examples{and keep in mind when she posted these there was no way of knowing what would later be released[i.e.child porn/beastiality]IT WAS NOT KNOWN AT THE TIME OF THESE POSTS}:

    Right off the bat she hits the nail on the head w/beastiality{and if you google "deviant porn" it includes hundreds of different types.BS is only 1 of those hundreds}
    This above post of BeanE's is really impressive..intuitive..she bingoed here again w/the computer being the main hit{for the hard stuff} and the "porn stick"being more of your garden variety of regular porn..

    Then I also wanted to show just how many of us were wanting to givve these guys the benefit of the doubt here..even after heard about how much "porn"..we were still giving them the benefit of the doubt in stating that until we knew more we were not going to believe it to be anything more than just regular ol' porn.{and for a 25 yr old male I'd say that is not out of the norm}
    Then Princess Oz was under the same assumption I was and it seems as tho we were extremely misguided in our thoughts..believing that if there had been child porn{which we all know it ended up being}that there would already be "someone" jailed for this horrendous crime...but boy were we wrong! Its still yet to even be brought before a grand jury{sad IMO}
    And then lastly chili "man sleuth" sleuthed and found us that the dell computer was purchased towards the end of 2008..right at 2 yrs at the longest for the 108;498 pictures of deviant porn including both child porn and beastiality to have been collected and downloaded to the computer..


    That = 149 Images of deviant/child porn/beastiality PER DAY FOR 2 FULL YEARS!!!!!!!!!
    That clearly is an "obsession" of exorbitant proportions..and to just give you an idea of just what a GREAT/TREMENDOUS amount that it is below I will post a link that states that one of the LARGEST child porn rings busted there ENTIRE amt collected from the entire sting/bust was 75;000 images..and Shawn Adkin's computer has 108;498 images.. That to me speaks VOLUMES..

    **this is not the actual child porn ring I was referring to but until I can locate the actual link I put this as a reference for now..will post correct story/link when I locate**
    I may be mistaken, but it appears all of these posts were made after the article of the cp and b came out. Not taking away for BeanE, but I think she gleaned her surmise on the following from the original post on this thread:

    The Dell Inspiron 530 computer contained "approximately 108,498 pictures depicting deviant acts," according to evidence seized after a search warrant issued in early January. The computer was confiscated from the home of Shawn Adkins' mother in the 2800 block of Apache Street in Big Spring.

    A memory stick confiscated from a dresser in the master bedroom of the Dunn residence in Colorado City was found to contain "320 images and videos of a pornographic nature."

  8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to hollyblue For This Useful Post:


  9. #1330
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    SK, Canada
    Posts
    880
    I have a dumb question lol

    When the media got this information... how would they have received it? They made the request for information, it was given to them... but in what format? is it an affidavit? is it just a summary? Is it LE/investigators notes?

    TIA

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to missy1974 For This Useful Post:


  11. #1331
    hollyblue's Avatar
    hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    9,113
    Quote Originally Posted by missy1974 View Post
    I have a dumb question lol

    When the media got this information... how would they have received it? They made the request for information, it was given to them... but in what format? is it an affidavit? is it just a summary? Is it LE/investigators notes?

    TIA

    Almost 109,000 images and videos depicting "deviant acts" and pornography were found on a computer and memory stick confiscated in the investigating of the disappearance of Colorado City teenager Hailey Dunn, according to authorities investigating the case

    http://www.reporternews.com/news/201...e/?partner=RSS

    I wouldn't think that any info on the porn would be available to the public thru court docs because we are dealing with child porn and minors.
    JMO.

    ETA: Whoops....found this stating they did find their info from the results of the search warrants.

    http://www.newswest9.com/Global/story.asp?S=14144265
    Last edited by hollyblue; 03-14-2011 at 05:55 PM.

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hollyblue For This Useful Post:


  13. #1332
    hollyblue's Avatar
    hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    9,113
    Quote Originally Posted by dog.gone.cute View Post
    From WS - Media Links -- Hailey Dunn - Post #132:

    Investigators: 'Deviant images' found on computer of mother of suspect in Hailey Dunn case
    By Celinda Emison
    Posted February 24, 2011 at 2:52 p.m.

    Investigators said deviant images and pornographic videos and pictures were found on a computer and memory stick confiscated in early January as part of the investigation into the disappearance of 13-year-old Hailey Dunn from Colorado City.

    The Dell Inspirion 530 computer contained “approximately 108,498 pictures depicting deviant acts,” according to evidence returned from a search warrant issued from the 32nd District Court in Sweetwater.

    http://www.reporternews.com/news/201...e/?partner=RSS

    -----

    The below quote is snipped from the above referenced link:

    "Both the computer and the memory stick contain images depicting bestiality and child pornography, said Mitchell County Sheriff Patrick Toombs."

    -----

    BBM: This is what I remember reading when the story first broke about the child pornography -- that it was on BOTH the computer and Memory Stick.

    I am still looking for another article about the child pornography on the memory stick but cannot find anything else and I cannot find anything about a "reversal" by LE.

    Last night's show may have gotten it from the reporternews article as well.

    I don't know if this will help ... but I hope it does help some.
    Here is link with all articles thru Google News from 2/24 (when it was first released thru media about the porn) til today. HTH Search w/ Hailey Dunn, child porn as the perimeters.
    http://news.google.com/news/search?p...axd=14&start=0

    ETA: All the searches I have done in individual articles so far seem to be quotes from the Sheriff Toomey, regarding the memory stick having cp & b.

  14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hollyblue For This Useful Post:


  15. #1333
    SmoothOperator's Avatar
    SmoothOperator is offline Sadly what connects all these puzzles is that there's a victim@the heart of each
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,586
    Quote Originally Posted by grandmaj View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BeanE on 2/24/11
    I think the memory stick has every day, garden variety porny, and the puter has... the good stuff.

    This above post of BeanE's is really impressive..intuitive..she bingoed here again w/the computer being the main hit{for the hard stuff} and the "porn stick"being more of your garden variety of regular porn..



    BBM
    Smooth while in the future we may find out that this is true, could you explain to me how you have come to this conclusion now? Thanks.
    Oh I was just referring to what we know thus far about the amounts of porn(including child porn and beastiality) on the mom's computer and thus far on the memory stick(aka "porn stick") that there seems to be more of the "garden variety" such as Billie and Shawn's personal bedroom escapades along with his escapades with other women.

    That's all I was referring to. I'm sorry if it sounded as if I was insinuating anything else. I'm not quite sure what the "else" would be or thought to be that I was referring to in my post, but regardless I hope that my explaining what I meant clears up anything else it may have been thought to refer.

    Is that what you were meaning gram? For me to explain the above? TIA.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The quickest way to become a fool is to argue with one..

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SmoothOperator For This Useful Post:


  17. #1334
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    27,565
    Smooth,
    I think Gram is referring to the confusion about the memory stick. At one point LE said there were 'deviant' images upon that stick. Then Billie denied it, and just recently someone else denied it. And then we here decided that it may be true, but no one really knows for sure, yet. I think that was the point she was making.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

  18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:


  19. #1335
    SmoothOperator's Avatar
    SmoothOperator is offline Sadly what connects all these puzzles is that there's a victim@the heart of each
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,586
    Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    Smooth,
    I think Gram is referring to the confusion about the memory stick. At one point LE said there were 'deviant' images upon that stick. Then Billie denied it, and just recently someone else denied it. And then we here decided that it may be true, but no one really knows for sure, yet. I think that was the point she was making.
    Ok. Gotcha!! I just now was reading these last couple pages of posts and it now makes sense that grams was asking me to clarify my post to make sure that I was not referring to this "not yet verified latest info". And I wasn't. I had not yet read these last couple pages of posts when I made my post. I was still back in pages 1&2 of this thread. lol.. As you can tell by my posts that I quoted.

    Thanks katydid for helping to clue me in and hopefully my post clarifies that I wasn't even taking the "latest" into acct.

    Thanks!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The quickest way to become a fool is to argue with one..

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SmoothOperator For This Useful Post:


  21. #1336
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6,234
    I think that is alot of porn for one person to have downloaded all alone. I also think he would be pretty dumb not to think that PC would be gathered by LE if he was the last one to see a child he was responcible for murdering. I mean criminals are dumb but if he had that much porn then porn was something on his mind all the time so he wouldnt have forgot it was there and the risk of it being found was high in the case as it was happening. I think it shows that he wasnt planning anything when whatever happened. Not that he didnt plan it in his head but that for the 27 th, it was not planned. Or he didnt know all that was on that PC. He could have thought it was safe but I doubt he would have told LE he was on that PC as his alibi if that was the case. JMO.

    A computer virus seems very likely for the amount of images on that PC. A virus he could have gotten while looking at his normal amount of 25 yr old porn.
    Unless LE is counting every single frame of every porn video. I cannot see how Shawn would have that much time on his hands everyday and work and live in a different home then the PC was located. This is the largest amount I have ever heard of and I read here.
    Last edited by Soulmagent; 03-14-2011 at 06:47 PM.

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soulmagent For This Useful Post:


  23. #1337
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Dumpwater, Arkansas..LOL
    Posts
    5,239

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by dog.gone.cute View Post
    From WS - Media Links -- Hailey Dunn - Post #132:

    Investigators: 'Deviant images' found on computer of mother of suspect in Hailey Dunn case
    By Celinda Emison
    Posted February 24, 2011 at 2:52 p.m.

    Investigators said deviant images and pornographic videos and pictures were found on a computer and memory stick confiscated in early January as part of the investigation into the disappearance of 13-year-old Hailey Dunn from Colorado City.

    The Dell Inspirion 530 computer contained “approximately 108,498 pictures depicting deviant acts,” according to evidence returned from a search warrant issued from the 32nd District Court in Sweetwater.

    http://www.reporternews.com/news/201...e/?partner=RSS

    -----

    The below quote is snipped from the above referenced link:

    "Both the computer and the memory stick contain images depicting bestiality and child pornography, said Mitchell County Sheriff Patrick Toombs."

    -----

    BBM: This is what I remember reading when the story first broke about the child pornography -- that it was on BOTH the computer and Memory Stick.

    I am still looking for another article about the child pornography on the memory stick but cannot find anything else and I cannot find anything about a "reversal" by LE.

    Last night's show may have gotten it from the reporternews article as well.

    I don't know if this will help ... but I hope it does help some.
    That's the only official quote we have gotten from LE about the deviant images on both the computer and memory stick. I think I'm going to stay with the official quote and not worry about anything else.....

    ETA: I also take Sheriff Toomb's word over anything that PK or BD might say about the issue because he is the SHERIFF, not the spokesman for the group....
    Last edited by tezi; 03-14-2011 at 06:12 PM. Reason: add additional comment...
    My posts are to stay at WS, not to be moved to other forums for their members to judge. I know who is moving posts and this is fair warning. If I want my posts moved to other places, I will do it myself.

    The above post is JMO, MOO, MHO, and all other disclaimers. Please leave it here at WS! TIA

  24. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to tezi For This Useful Post:


  25. #1338
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    SK, Canada
    Posts
    880
    Quote Originally Posted by hollyblue View Post
    Almost 109,000 images and videos depicting "deviant acts" and pornography were found on a computer and memory stick confiscated in the investigating of the disappearance of Colorado City teenager Hailey Dunn, according to authorities investigating the case

    http://www.reporternews.com/news/201...e/?partner=RSS

    I wouldn't think that any info on the porn would be available to the public thru court docs because we are dealing with child porn and minors.
    JMO.

    ETA: Whoops....found this stating they did find their info from the results of the search warrants.

    http://www.newswest9.com/Global/story.asp?S=14144265
    right... so what I am wondering is... when the media receives the results of what was found in the search warrants, what format is that in? Are the results documents? are they affidavits? or are they just investigative notes? or all of the above? lol I hope that's not confusing.

  26. #1339
    SmoothOperator's Avatar
    SmoothOperator is offline Sadly what connects all these puzzles is that there's a victim@the heart of each
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,586
    Quote Originally Posted by hollyblue View Post
    I may be mistaken, but it appears all of these posts were made after the article of the cp and b came out. Not taking away for BeanE, but I think she gleaned her surmise on the following from the original post on this thread:

    The Dell Inspiron 530 computer contained "approximately 108,498 pictures depicting deviant acts," according to evidence seized after a search warrant issued in early January. The computer was confiscated from the home of Shawn Adkins' mother in the 2800 block of Apache Street in Big Spring.

    A memory stick confiscated from a dresser in the master bedroom of the Dunn residence in Colorado City was found to contain "320 images and videos of a pornographic nature."
    Yes. the above quotes are all that had been released at the time of the posts.. The only thing we knew{at the time of the posts} was that there was porn on computer and a memory stick and that it was labeled deviant porn..It wasn't until after-the -fact that we learned that it was indeed child porn/beastiality..In my post upthread under BeanE's 2 posts I listed posts where we were wondering if it could be child porn and Princess of Oz says No she thinks if there were child porn someone would be in jail..

    And then as we know NOW it indeed did turn out to be child porn AS well as beastiality and sadly still no one jailed as of yet..

    So yes the quotes above are correct in showing that all we knew AT THAT TIME was that deviant porn was found..BeanE posted her thoughts about what types it could possibly be before we had the news release the info of cp/bs..

    HTH..

  27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SmoothOperator For This Useful Post:


  28. #1340
    SmoothOperator's Avatar
    SmoothOperator is offline Sadly what connects all these puzzles is that there's a victim@the heart of each
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,586
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulmagent View Post
    I think that is alot of porn for one person to have downloaded all alone. I also think he would be pretty dumb not to think that PC would be gathered by LE if he was the last one to see a child he was responcible for murdering. I mean criminals are dumb but if he had that much porn then porn was something on his mind all the time so he wouldnt have forgot it was there and the risk of it being found was high in the case as it was happening. I think it shows that he wasnt planning anything when whatever happened. Not that he didnt plan it in his head but that for the 27 th, it was not planned. Or he didnt know all that was on that PC. He could have thought it was safe but I doubt he would have told LE he was on that PC as his alibi if that was the case. JMO.

    A computer virus seems very likely for the amount of images on that PC. A virus he could have gotten while looking at his normal amount of 25 yr old porn.

    Unless LE is counting every single frame of every porn video. I cannot see

    how Shawn would have that much time on his hands everyday and work and live in a different home then the PC was located. This is the largest amount I have ever heard of and I read here.
    1st Bolded Part in Red.. Several have discussed that most likely "whomever" the guilty party is for viewing/downloading the child porn to SA"s mom's computer MOST LIKELY HAD ATTEMPTED TO DELETE ALL/ANY/OR WHATEVER THEY HAD TIME TO of the child porn/beastiality..Alot of ppl are under the impression that they "know how" to properly delete what they don't want seen on their home or work computers..But what they don't understand that short of completely destroying the hard drive that Federal computer forensics can easily and will easily be able to see every tiny kilobyte that went in and out of that computer..

    2nd part Above BBM.. I have thoroughly researched about this exact thing {i.e. the mysterious virus that puts child pornography on an innocent mans computer}..and time and time again you find that especially with todays technology and the Federal Investigators that are highly trained on EVERYTHING RE:INTERNET RELATED..these Investigators that specifically deal with the child pornography can/and do find the easily discerned differences between a human downloading/viewing child porn to their computer VS. a computer generated bot that opens/views/downloads literally hundreds and even thousands of sites and images per minute{easily seen that is not humanly possible to do}..Therefor if by chance Shawn was the 1 in a million who someone intentionally put a bot to download and store child porn/beastiality to his mom's computer THE FEDERAL INVESTIGATOR'S WOULD KNOW THIS RIGHT OFF THE BAT..

    . A virus or Trojan horse is likely to download multiple images at a time, sometimes faster than might be humanly possible to do manually. A person who collects child pornography typically acquires it over a period of time, and a forensic investigation of the computer should reveal that.
    Above is snipped from a really great piece that CBS did on this virus=child porn..interesting and informative..http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/...n5610506.shtml

    **besides that fact that same bot I guess would have without Shawn's knowledge put some of that child porn/beastiality on that memory stick too..lol..just not even possible
    Last edited by SmoothOperator; 03-14-2011 at 09:46 PM.

  29. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to SmoothOperator For This Useful Post:


  30. #1341
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    East Texas
    Posts
    7,295
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulmagent View Post
    I think that is alot of porn for one person to have downloaded all alone. I also think he would be pretty dumb not to think that PC would be gathered by LE if he was the last one to see a child he was responcible for murdering. I mean criminals are dumb but if he had that much porn then porn was something on his mind all the time so he wouldnt have forgot it was there and the risk of it being found was high in the case as it was happening. I think it shows that he wasnt planning anything when whatever happened. Not that he didnt plan it in his head but that for the 27 th, it was not planned. Or he didnt know all that was on that PC. He could have thought it was safe but I doubt he would have told LE he was on that PC as his alibi if that was the case. JMO.

    A computer virus seems very likely for the amount of images on that PC. A virus he could have gotten while looking at his normal amount of 25 yr old porn.
    Unless LE is counting every single frame of every porn video. I cannot see how Shawn would have that much time on his hands everyday and work and live in a different home then the PC was located. This is the largest amount I have ever heard of and I read here.
    I agree with your statement about the high volume of pics. I also wonder how in the world someone sat and counted that many. I looked on my computer today in the files that contain my pictures and there was no place the number of pictures was counted. I am sure an expert did the analysis but it almost makes you wonder if they didn't report the megs and not individual pictures. Maybe they used a counter like is used when counting blood cells, etc. It seems an impossible feat to have downloaded all that.

    I also did some research on viruses loading porn and the general consensus was that it was not possible. Someone may have more information on that. I just did a search on 'can a virus load porn'. Viruses normally attack your email and usually takes down your computer. Maybe files were loaded that contained the pictures and individual pictures were not downloaded. Just throwing out ideas and not saying SA didn't do it. Just addressing the high volume. It is baffling.jmo

  31. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mck16 For This Useful Post:


  32. #1342
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6,234
    Here is another link about a different method used the same way. Remember when looking at porn one is more likely to click on a link that looks questionable because the content they are looking for it always presented in a questionable fashion. Viruses can be writen to attach to any digital recording device, Mp3 players,flash drives ,CD's anything that can be used to store information.

    http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/hack...ld-porn-110909

  33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Soulmagent For This Useful Post:


  34. #1343
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    856
    don't know if any of this applies, but we can always hope...

    http://www.cs.umass.edu/news/latest-...d-internet-c-0

    Brian Levine and Marc Liberatore develop software to help police apprehend Internet child sexual exploitation predators
    Fri November 19, 2010

  35. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kantoo For This Useful Post:


  36. #1344
    hollyblue's Avatar
    hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    9,113
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulmagent View Post
    I think that is alot of porn for one person to have downloaded all alone. I also think he would be pretty dumb not to think that PC would be gathered by LE if he was the last one to see a child he was responcible for murdering. I mean criminals are dumb but if he had that much porn then porn was something on his mind all the time so he wouldnt have forgot it was there and the risk of it being found was high in the case as it was happening. I think it shows that he wasnt planning anything when whatever happened. Not that he didnt plan it in his head but that for the 27 th, it was not planned. Or he didnt know all that was on that PC. He could have thought it was safe but I doubt he would have told LE he was on that PC as his alibi if that was the case. JMO.

    A computer virus seems very likely for the amount of images on that PC. A virus he could have gotten while looking at his normal amount of 25 yr old porn.
    Unless LE is counting every single frame of every porn video. I cannot see how Shawn would have that much time on his hands everyday and work and live in a different home then the PC was located. This is the largest amount I have ever heard of and I read here.
    SA has become quite the quandary hasn't he? It's like he wants to be caught for some reason. It's my personal belief that children will act out when they know they have been naughty and want disciplined; but, could this actually be the case in a 25 yr old...and with the severity of the crimes he's dealing with? I do believe SA is a very dangerous person and we have not experienced what makes him upset, violent, etc. as he showed in the 2/10 fiasco with BD/LE and again over at CD's mom with the nailed club. We know he's been described as quiet....so what actually pushes those violent emotions? Jealousy? Abandonment? Deception?
    He said he would be very upset if he learned that BD has made a plea deal. Seems he resentful, angry and very passive on the inside, and then we have the twisted element thrown in. IDK, but it has me wondering and saying wth is with him?

    Curious if they were into S & M.

    JMO

  37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hollyblue For This Useful Post:


  38. #1345
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    6,719
    Quote Originally Posted by mck16 View Post
    I agree with your statement about the high volume of pics. I also wonder how in the world someone sat and counted that many. I looked on my computer today in the files that contain my pictures and there was no place the number of pictures was counted. I am sure an expert did the analysis but it almost makes you wonder if they didn't report the megs and not individual pictures. Maybe they used a counter like is used when counting blood cells, etc. It seems an impossible feat to have downloaded all that.

    I also did some research on viruses loading porn and the general consensus was that it was not possible. Someone may have more information on that. I just did a search on 'can a virus load porn'. Viruses normally attack your email and usually takes down your computer. Maybe files were loaded that contained the pictures and individual pictures were not downloaded. Just throwing out ideas and not saying SA didn't do it. Just addressing the high volume. It is baffling.jmo
    ITA, except pictures take up a LOT of space, especially depending on how they are saved. if there was over 180,000 pictures, the amount of space that takes up would be a lot, and a lot more if there were any videos saved. I'm not sure how format savvy any of those people are either. Right now, I have 197 picture files, and it takes up 147 MB's (147,000,000 bytes) of space. We know there was a lot more than 197 porn pics on SA's mom's computer, so that would most likely go into the gigabyte numbers, way over 180 MB (or roughly 180,000,000 bytes) of space. I don't know if would get over 180,000 MB's of space for sure, but something tells me they would if we're talking high quality porn pictures. And most sites, you have to have a credit card and pay a fee to use them to get good porn pics (don't ask me how I know that, LOL). I highly doubt he took every picture with a digital camera either, and I believe when those pics are imported, they are imported automatically into JPEG format, which takes up a lot of space.

    If someone is obssessed with something, they will download an amazing amount of it. I have a friend who filled up gig up on gig of space with music files, and even had, at one point, several external hard drives to hold her collection. How anyone else on that computer didn't notice so much space being taken up by porn, I will never know. SA must have hidden it well and must have been the most computer savvy of all of the computer users. I wonder if those pictures were encrypted so no one could see what they were or if he just stupidly tried to erase all of them.

  39. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aedrys For This Useful Post:


  40. #1346
    hollyblue's Avatar
    hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    9,113
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothOperator View Post
    Yes. the above quotes are all that had been released at the time of the posts.. The only thing we knew{at the time of the posts} was that there was porn on computer and a memory stick and that it was labeled deviant porn..It wasn't until after-the -fact that we learned that it was indeed child porn/beastiality..In my post upthread under BeanE's 2 posts I listed posts where we were wondering if it could be child porn and Princess of Oz says No she thinks if there were child porn someone would be in jail..

    And then as we know NOW it indeed did turn out to be child porn AS well as beastiality and sadly still no one jailed as of yet..

    So yes the quotes above are correct in showing that all we knew AT THAT TIME was that deviant porn was found..BeanE posted her thoughts about what types it could possibly be before we had the news release the info of cp/bs..

    HTH..
    Thanks, yes, I realize now the article was updated hours later after the posts mentioned. My bad.

  41. The Following User Says Thank You to hollyblue For This Useful Post:


  42. #1347
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,053
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothOperator View Post
    That = 149 Images of deviant/child porn/beastiality PER DAY FOR 2 FULL YEARS!!!!!!!!!
    That clearly is an "obsession" of exorbitant proportions..and to just give you an idea of just what a GREAT/TREMENDOUS amount that it is below I will post a link that states that one of the LARGEST child porn rings busted there ENTIRE amt collected from the entire sting/bust was 75;000 images..and Shawn Adkin's computer has 108;498 images.. That to me speaks VOLUMES..
    The computer contained 108498 pornographic images, however not all of them involved bestiality or children. According to this link,
    "Investigators found more than 100,000 pictures and videos depicting pornography and deviant acts, including child pornography and bestiality, on electronics seized Jan. 7 during the investigation into Hailey Dunn's disappearance, according to Mitchell County Sheriff Patrick Toombs."
    In other words, SOME of the images depicted those things, not all of them.

    Also, the computer belonged to his mother, not SA. That model dates back to around 2008 and probably had a hard drive in the 250-320 GB range. Perhaps 500 GB, but likely not larger than that.

    I don't know if you are aware of this (probably not), but the picture variety of porn usually comes in photo sets comprising anything from 50 to 200 pictures. Depending on where they come from, they are allmost allways available in and downloaded as zip files. People who download large numbers of files, or large files, also tend to use download managers of some sort. In fact, the latest version of Explorer has a basic download manager built into it. While a 100k pictures might seem a lot to you, it is probably more like 1-1.5k of actual downloads. Depending on the file sizes you could easily do that in a few days allthough they were likely downloaded over a much longer period.

    Just as a matter of curiosity, run your virus scanner and look at the final report, see how many files it reports as being on your computer. You will be surprised. Then think about how long it took for you to actually put those files on your computer.

    Porn from public sources usually comes in fairly small file sizes, while that from commercial sites (which DO NOT carry bestiality or child porn if they are sited in the US btw) tends to have higher resolution and consequently much larger file sizes. I doubt that the stuff on the mother's computer was downloaded from a commercial site however, more likely it came from a free public source, such as usenet or one of the torrent servers.

    Now, is 100k images a lot? Probably not for someone who looks at porn and doesnt delete what they have downloaded.XXXXXis an example of a commercial site (it is soft core, similar to what you might find in Playboy or Penthouse - do NOT follow the link if that sort material offends you). As you can see on their primary web page, they claim to have 1,060,383 photographs and 891 movies on their site as of today. Those files come in multiple resolutions as well, so they literally have millions of images/videos on the website, and that is just one provider. Granted, it is one of the larger sites out there, but it gives you some idea of just how much material there is on the internet. And most of what is on the commercial sites is also stolen and pirated on the free sources.
    Last edited by JBean; 03-15-2011 at 09:50 AM. Reason: removed link DO NOT LINK TO PORN FROM THIS WEBSITE

  43. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tugela For This Useful Post:


  44. #1348
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    27,565
    We know that the computer belongs to Shawn's mother and she is married. It is possible that some or all of that porn belonged to someone besides Shawn. Maybe.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

  45. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:


  46. #1349
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Florida ...
    Posts
    3,861
    Help!

    BD stated that some of the Porn on the Porn/Memory/Flash Stick was of her and SA in their Bedroom,

    Now Were these Videos or Pictures?

    and if so.....

    What did they use to take these pictures, Videos???

    And how did they get them on the memory / Porn stick???


    Some people use their web Camera on their laptop for this.....?
    __________________________________
    This is my very humble opinion
    Forgive me for all my Type “O’s” and Grammar errors.
    I communicate with my heart not my head.
    “These comments are my own personal opinions only and do not necessarily reflect the positions or opinions of others, W.S. or their affiliates. My posts are not to hurt or cause damage to anyone. They are merely something to ponder. All comments are based upon the current information that I know in this case and my own personal experiences. I am not posting as a professional posters and/or a verified locals/insiders* . You should conduct independent research to verify the validity of any statements made in this post before basing any decisions upon those statements. In addition, any views or opinions expressed by posters who quote my post to this thread are theirs and not mind, and I respect that."
    *

  47. #1350
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6,234
    He could have used anything. His blackberry, even. A nano, Even some kids toys record video and take pictures.

  48. The Following User Says Thank You to Soulmagent For This Useful Post:


Page 54 of 57 FirstFirst ... 44445464748495051525354555657 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. KS A 74 Year Old Man Admits To Owning 3 Million Child Pornography Images
    By Filly in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-18-2010, 03:21 PM
  2. Police: 100,000 Child Porn Images Found On Man's Computer
    By mysteriew in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-27-2010, 11:20 AM
  3. 60,000 Images Of Child Pornography On Ex-Teachers Computer
    By Filly in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-14-2010, 10:59 AM
  4. Daycare Aide Found With 18,000 Child Pornography Images
    By Filly in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-28-2008, 04:54 PM
  5. 1,300 Porn Images Found On Sheriff Employee's Computer
    By Beyond Belief in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-24-2006, 07:34 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •