Page 26 of 49 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: WARNING:GRAPHIC PHOTOS Meredith Kercher murdered-Amanda Knox appeals conviction #8

Quote Originally Posted by otto View Post
    On the one hand, we have director of print identity in the Rome forensic police division testifying about the footprints at the crime scene:

"Bloody and luminol-enhanced footprints left in the villa where Meredith Kercher was murdered are those of Raffaele Sollecito, Amanda Knox and Rudy Guede, the director of print identity in the Rome forensic police division testified Saturday.

But the next witness, another print expert, again confirmed Rinaldi's testimony, that the print, which only shows the top half of the foot, matches the precise characteristics of Sollecito's foot."

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/406059_knox09.html

What are the credentials of those that disagree with those conclusions and on what are they basing those opinions (evidence, or photos from the internet)?
    Lorenzo Rinaldi is the print director

There is a reason Italy ranks 2nd behind Turkey...think about it

ECHR

Human rights violations....Turkey barely edged out Italy out of 46 countries

Turkey topped the chart with 18.81 percent of all violation judgments, followed by Italy with 16.57 percent and Russia 6.34 percent. Within this timeframe, 2,295 judgments were entered for Turkey and only in 46 cases did the court find no violations. The most common human rights violation committed by Turkey was the denial of the right to a fair trial. Italy scored second with 2,021 judgments against it

http://ecohr.wordpress.com/2011/01/1...ons-in-turkey/

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Allusonz For This Useful Post:

It seems to me that anyone directing the discussion to Hendry (for the last couple of weeks) is also directing the discussion towards the details of the murder. What "expert" are you refering to? The trial summary report clearly states that injuries are made from the left and from the right. Did someone hold Meredith on one side, stab her, then turn her around stab her again, turn her around, cut again ... and Meredith did nothing to defend herself? Or did someone stab her with the right hand, switch hands, stab her with the left hand, switch knives?

Or ??? Is the medical examiner also incapable of doing his job?
    Or maybe something that actually makes sense compared to a satanic drug fueled sex orgy.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Allusonz For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Allusonz View Post
    Proper inspection of the bathmat clearly shows that the tip of the second toe blended with the top of the big toe. Rinaldi measured the big toe including the top of the second toe. This error caused the width of the toe to measure 30mm. Rinaldi did not observe that the second toe had blended in with the big toe on the bathmat. The nature of the absorbent carpet may have lead to natural spreading of blood. This print was made is bloody water, not pure blood. This would have attributed to the spreading of the liquid as it was absorbed into the rug. This error in measurement is crucial because the prosecution based the compatibility of Raffaele’s foot on the width of his big toe.

Raffaele’s big toe measured 30mm and is therefore incompatible with the measured foot on the bathmat. When measured correctly, the print on the bathmat measured 24.8mm

http://www.injusticeinperugia.org/footprints-03.html
    This is a total nonsense argument IMO. The big toe print was proven to be 30mm in court by Rinaldi. There was no 2nd toe print since RS has a hammer toe. Professor Vinci tried to cut off a part of RS's big toe and claimed it was a 2nd toe.

The judges report is rather clear about the effords of Vinci. They call it "totally weak and unsatisfactory".

Besides that there are several other characteristics (metatarsus, plantar arch) of the footprint which all point in the direction of RS and exclude RG. Of course the defense tried to claim the footprint was RG's but unfortunately for the defense he has his 2nd toe quite far from his big toe. So the 'fun' part of Vinci's analyses is implying that even though RG's 2nd toe is far apart from his big toe. In this case RG merged his big toe and 2nd toe together and in some mystical way the outline of a big toe emerges with the exact measurements of RS's big toe. It is magic

IMO there is no photoshopper in the world who can make this damning evidence go away in any court in the world.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sherlockh For This Useful Post:

Or maybe something that actually makes sense compared to a satanic drug fueled sex orgy.
    Did he actually ever say 'satanic' or was that just something the tabloids made up? The timing of the murder was on the 'Day of the Dead' and the day after Halloween. He would be a bad prosecutor had he not investigated that. What is the point of bashing this guy continuously anyway? Just because he tapped a phone some years ago? Do you have any idea how many cases he handled in his career? Do you even realize that there are 2 prosecutors? IMO this is such a low blow to attack the prosecutor where it is the judges that decide.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sherlockh For This Useful Post:

BBM

If you actually read what he says in his articles he did NOT GET THE PHOTOS FROM HER FAMILY

Italy more than co-operated by posting many of these photos in their newspapers etc or on the web

Please let us get our facts right

ETA He then got other photos from the defense with the condition that he publish whatever he found in his reconstruction whether it was detrimental to AK and RS or not
    Some of the images were posted in the news and the Kercher family was very upset about it. We know that Amanda's lawyers have publicly tried to distance themselves from the media activites that have been undertaken by the Knox family. I would be very surprised to learn that Amanda or Raffaele's lawyer gave crime scene photos to Ron Hendry. I suspect that they came directly from Amanda's family, and not someone like Raffaele's lawyer.

There have been discussions about who released documents, such as Amanda's diary, to media. This appears to be another example of court documents being released to media most likely through Amanda's family. I suspect that they did not clear this decision with the victim's family. But, I may be wrong, and it may be true that Amanda and Raffaele's lawyers have decided to retry the case in the US media ... even though they are in the middle of an appeal and Raffaele's lawyers strenuously objected to the release of the movie.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to otto For This Useful Post:

There is a reason Italy ranks 2nd behind Turkey...think about it

ECHR

Human rights violations....Turkey barely edged out Italy out of 46 countries

Turkey topped the chart with 18.81 percent of all violation judgments, followed by Italy with 16.57 percent and Russia 6.34 percent. Within this timeframe, 2,295 judgments were entered for Turkey and only in 46 cases did the court find no violations. The most common human rights violation committed by Turkey was the denial of the right to a fair trial. Italy scored second with 2,021 judgments against it

http://ecohr.wordpress.com/2011/01/1...ons-in-turkey/
    That's quite interesting. I would have thought a place like Bosnia, that practiced genocide, would have more human rights violations than a place like Italy.

This document gives different information: http://www.echr.coe.int/NR/rdonlyres...ERSION_WEB.pdf

13. The Following User Says Thank You to otto For This Useful Post:

I am going to state once more for the record

The footprints from the luminol were not in blood

None of the bare footprints detected with luminol tested positive for Meredith's DNA.

WIth this information available to the prosecution, how could they possibly proceed with their accusation that the prints were made in Meredith's blood?

http://www.injusticeinperugia.org/footprints-01.html
    I posted a number of quotes from the Trial Summary indicating that a print was made in haematic substance. That's blood. If it wasn't Meredith's blood, who else was bleeding so much that it was possible to leave a bloody footprint in the hallway?

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to otto For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sherlockh View Post
    Did he actually ever say 'satanic' or was that just something the tabloids made up? The timing of the murder was on the 'Day of the Dead' and the day after Halloween. He would be a bad prosecutor had he not investigated that. What is the point of bashing this guy continuously anyway? Just because he tapped a phone some years ago? Do you have any idea how many cases he handled in his career? Do you even realize that there are 2 prosecutors? IMO this is such a low blow to attack the prosecutor where it is the judges that decide.
    I can't remember anymore whether the satanic twist was added by the media, or Douglas Preston. Preston was pretty upset with Mignini after he was detained and questioned for interfering with a police investigation. That was in connection with the Monster of Florence, who murdered young couples in the hills. Preston quickly involved himself with Meredith's case by suggesting that the prosecutor was chasing a satanic connection in the Monster of Florence and he was still chasing demons while persecuting Knox.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to otto For This Useful Post:

She was killed and raped, thus I believe anyone can surmise where a number of her injuries were.

<modsnip> It is my belief that some parts were not made public as we simply do not need to know!

Thus I must ask what the real intent here is? Is it to see how many times the number of injuries to her can be mentioned? Or is it to try and determine what really happened.

Just to clarify and for the record there were 23 injuries to MK. Her throat was slashed and she asphyxiated on her own blood within minutes this is per Dr. Lalli whom did the autopsy

There was a reason this was done in chambers .........think about it

Murdered British student Meredith Kercher had at least 23 separate injuries on her body

The evidence was disclosed as jurors in the murder trial of Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito were shown graphic photographs and video footage of the post mortem on Ms Kercher's body

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-injuries.html

The autopsy results concluded that it took her several minutes to die, as she inhaled her own blood. Her hyoid bone was broken, her superior thyroid artery had been severed by a stab wound, her lungs filled with blood causing asphyxiation and she had suffered bruising to her vagina and perineum

Murdered British student Meredith Kercher had at least 23 separate injuries on her body

The evidence was disclosed as jurors in the murder trial of Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito were shown graphic photographs and video footage of the post mortem on Ms Kercher's body

The forensic pathologist, Dr. Lalli, initially concluded that the pattern of bruises, defensive wounds/cuts, and stab wounds could not indicate whether one or multiple attackers had been present. There were larger cuts on her right hand, possibly as defensive wounds (with no one restraining her right hand), but only small cuts on her left hand. Both hands were covered in blood, as if holding her neck after it was stabbed. Dr. Lalli concluded that strangulation was attempted before the stab wounds were made

http://toestraighteners.com/murder-of-meredith-kercher/

Her hyoid bone was broken, her superior thyroid artery had been severed by a stab wound

http://toestraighteners.com/murder-of-meredith-kercher/
    BBM
    I don't think the discussion would have gone in this direction if not for the links to Ron Hendry's opinion, where he uses very graphic crime scene photos to present a detailed theory of the actual attack (a play by play description). I don't understand why you posted the link several times and directed people to this opinion only to then ask what the intent is. I left this discussion alone for a few weeks, hoping that it would go away, but it didn't. Hendry has been described as a "forensic expert", qualified to determine exactly what happened on the night Meredith was murdered. I completely disagree, and gave reasons. Unfortunately, it was not possible to argue his points without referencing his information. Hendry's opinion seems to selectively include and omit evidence in order to argue his belief that Rudy acted alone.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to otto For This Useful Post:

What interests me at this point is what the Knox family is thinking about the appeal process. I recall Edda saying, prior to the original verdict, that everything is decided in appeal in Italy, and that the trial and verdict don't really mean that much. Here we are in the appeal process, the point that Edda and Curt believed would be the real trial. I wonder if they are satisfied with the process of appeal, where all but three points were rejected by the court.

I posted a number of quotes from the Trial Summary indicating that a print was made in haematic substance. That's blood. If it wasn't Meredith's blood, who else was bleeding so much that it was possible to leave a bloody footprint in the hallway?
    They considered it most likely that the prints were made in a haematic substance (blood). One luminol footprint had DNA in it. DNA means that there was a biological substance and a biological substance reacting to luminol means blood (same goes for the spot in Filomena's room). Besides that of course in the context of the crime scene all these luminol findings are considered blood.

The statement that these luminol footprints are not in blood is false. A negative blood test does indeed not confirm it is blood but also not exclude it. Considering the alternatives that react to luminol they considered it blood. There is a room full of blood, a bloody footprint in the bathroom subscribed to RS, and a luminol footprint in the hallway subscribed to RS. Assuming the luminol findings in several different rooms were from a soil event that AK and her boyfriend of one week don't remember and can't explain does not make any sense IMO. The court also considered fruit juice and other substances that could react to luminol but again that this happened in several different rooms is pretty unlikely. Then they considered bleach but nobody could explain such a cleaning event to have happened, there was no smell of bleach and you would expect more prints if that had been the case.

I find these explanations simple and logical, where the defense didn't even try to come up with an alternative scenario. They simply stated that it could have been other substances besides blood and didn't explain any further, although I have to admit that the bathmat shuffle story made up by AK was pretty clever but unfortunately for her that wasn't accepted.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sherlockh For This Useful Post:

That is what the report concludes. Still, in order to argue that Rudy acted alone, we have to believe that the Raffaele and Amanda bare foot prints were made with fruit juice, that Rudy's running shoe prints indicate he ran straight from Meredith's room out the front door - but then he came back in, removed his shoes, stepped in the blood, bounced into the bathroom, left a print, put his shoes back on, and floated out of the cottage.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to otto For This Useful Post:

New witnesses in Knox appeal:

http://tvnz.co.nz/world-news/new-wit...059426?ref=rss

Tearful Amanda Knox back in court as appeal against murder conviction resumes:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1HG6MmtGM
    Speaking of mysteries - billions of people past/present, how on earth did I get be on earth and self-aware?

Rule-of-Three (click to visit blog)

Red Flags When Spouse Goes Missing (click to visit blog)

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to OldSteve For This Useful Post:

The police did not start with a theory from the prosecution. In the days shortly after the murder, no one knew what to think. The lies that Knox and Sollecito told drew attention to themselves.

Do I understand correctly that you reject all information presented and summarized in the trial?
    BBM: Actually, you'll find a quote some pages back where the lead investigator says he knew AK was guilty from the way she moved her hips, not because she lied.

In fact, ILE arrested AK based on her statement that she could imagine being present with PL at MK's murder. ILE assumed AK was telling the truth and arrested her based on that assumption, not because she lied.

No, I don't reject all trial testimony. I just don't assume anything to be fact just because somebody said it in a courtroom. As I intimated above, jurors in New York and California are specifically cautioned that witnesses sometimes lie and that everyone (including ILE) has his or her biases which affect how s/he perceives the truth.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nova For This Useful Post:

A "low blow" to attack a prosecutor who has been found guilty of misconduct?!

The reason it matters here is that the prosecutor in question has a proven history of inventing an elaborate and improbable theory and then violating prosecutorial ethics (and Italian law) trying to prove it.

The theory in this case is equally improbable. The issue we are discussing is whether that theory was also a mere invention by the prosecutor.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nova For This Useful Post:

Some of the images were posted in the news and the Kercher family was very upset about it. We know that Amanda's lawyers have publicly tried to distance themselves from the media activites that have been undertaken by the Knox family. I would be very surprised to learn that Amanda or Raffaele's lawyer gave crime scene photos to Ron Hendry. I suspect that they came directly from Amanda's family, and not someone like Raffaele's lawyer.

There have been discussions about who released documents, such as Amanda's diary, to media. This appears to be another example of court documents being released to media most likely through Amanda's family. I suspect that they did not clear this decision with the victim's family. But, I may be wrong, and it may be true that Amanda and Raffaele's lawyers have decided to retry the case in the US media ... even though they are in the middle of an appeal and Raffaele's lawyers strenuously objected to the release of the movie.
    I don't know about the photos, but it was proven conclusively in this very thread that the Knox family didn't even have AK's diary to release it to the media. And of course they didn't have RS' diary, which was released as well.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nova For This Useful Post:

That's quite interesting. I would have thought a place like Bosnia, that practiced genocide, would have more human rights violations than a place like Italy.

This document gives different information: http://www.echr.coe.int/NR/rdonlyres...ERSION_WEB.pdf
    "Bosnia" didn't practice genocide. Bosnian citizens (especially Muslims) were by and large the victims of genocide. The primary perpetrators were Serbs and Bosnians of Serbian ethnicity. The second largest number of incidents were perpetrated by Croats and Bosnians of Croatian ethnicity. There were a few incidents of retaliation by Bosnian Muslims, but relatively few.

All of this has been or is being litigated at the World Court because the majority of incidents involved persons outside the jurisdiction of Bosnian courts.

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nova For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by OldSteve View Post
    New witnesses in Knox appeal:

http://tvnz.co.nz/world-news/new-wit...059426?ref=rss

Tearful Amanda Knox back in court as appeal against murder conviction resumes:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1HG6MmtGM
    Nobody here has made much of the homeless man's testimony. I think it has generally been disregarded in these discussions. (This isn't to say refuting the testimony isn't important in Perugia, which is a separate issue.)

So what I find most significant about those articles is the note that numerous witnesses told ILE there were no buses running on the night of the murder and the homeless man's recollection must be wrong, yet those witnesses were ignored because they didn't say what ILE wanted to hear.

That may say something very significant about this entire case.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nova For This Useful Post:

I have an apology to make to you all. I wont go into details and normally items like Ron Hendry's photographs do not bother me as I know he is doing a job and is well respected.

The demon I have rears its' head periodically and it had nothing to do with the photographs.

I in no way meant to derail a topic on this thread and normally I am quite capable of dealing with it

Again, I do apologize to you all, and will plead tempory insanity and hope that you will all forgive me for this lapse

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Allusonz For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    A "low blow" to attack a prosecutor who has been found guilty of misconduct?!

The reason it matters here is that the prosecutor in question has a proven history of inventing an elaborate and improbable theory and then violating prosecutorial ethics (and Italian law) trying to prove it.

The theory in this case is equally improbable. The issue we are discussing is whether that theory was also a mere invention by the prosecutor.
    Yes, because he tapped a phone that he probably shouldn't have and isn't he appealing? That he has a 'proven' record of inventing stuff and that his theories are improbably is just your opinion. Would his theories indeed have been improbable then that only would have been good for the defense. The crazier his theories the more likely that the judges would reject them. I don't see the point. He is just doing his job. It is the judges that decide.

40. The Following User Says Thank You to sherlockh For This Useful Post:

Yes, because he tapped a phone that he probably shouldn't have and isn't he appealing? That he has a 'proven' record of inventing stuff and that his theories are improbably is just your opinion. Would his theories indeed have been improbable then that only would have been good for the defense. The crazier his theories the more likely that the judges would reject them. I don't see the point. He is just doing his job. It is the judges that decide.
    Quite the opposite actually

The bench ruled that he and Michele Giuttari, a detective-turned-thriller writer, had used their powers to persecute people they regarded as their enemies: tapping their phones, interrogating them, putting them under investigation without any evidence against them and even getting them jailed, for personal reasons

the court said, were guilty of "almost unheard of" criminal activity, carrying out investigations "in no way related ... to their proper competence", launching criminal cases with no evidence, ordering phone taps with "quite different ends" from those cited when the taps were authorised, taps that were made "for reasons of retaliation ... against people towards whom they had reasons for hostility".

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...e-1992485.html

Even though all the Monster's victims were shot with the same gun, Mignini told a court that it wasn't the work of a single serial killer. Rather, Mignini described an elaborate conspiracy of 20 people, including government officials and law enforcement officers, who made up a secret society behind the Monster killings.

Mignini indicted the 20 people and charged them with the concealment of Narducci's murder, and laid out a hard-to-follow plot that included body doubles and featured Narducci's body being swapped - not once, but twice!

If all of this sounds hard to believe, it is. Tuesday, in a preliminary hearing, Perugia Judge Paolo Micheli threw out the case against the 20. The judge found there was no solid evidence to back up Mignini's claim that Narducci was murdered, let alone the victim of a satanic sect

Late Tuesday evening, when the 20 defendants were freed of all charges, they celebrated in front of the courthouse, opening bottles of champagne
    a court in Florence said Mignini was guilty of abusing the considerable powers of his office

According to the Italian newsmagazine Panorama, investigators discovered that Mignini maintained computer lists entitled "Attacks to Remember" and "Orgy of Attacks." The lists contained names of journalists, government officials, and members of the Italian Parliament.

Mignini was convicted of launching investigations into his critics in the media, the police, and the government. The prosecutor illegally wiretapped phones and cell phones in his ambition to end the "orgy of attacks."

Because he violated the public trust, the Florence court banned Mignini from holding public office for the rest of his life. But, during his appeal, the prosecutor gets to remain in office. Mignini has not been called on to resign either

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...ag=mncol;lst;4

He was convicted of:

1.) Illegally investigating journalists who had criticized him with the "intent to harass or deter them from pursuing their legitimate profession". Specifically the court found that Mignini had targeted Italian journalists Vincenzo Tessandori, Gennaro De Stefano, and Roberto Fiasconaro, because they had criticized his investigations into the death of Narducci.

2.) Ordering an illegal investigation of the Florentine ex police chief Giuseppe De Donno.

3.) Ordering illegal investigations of two officials of the Viminale, the Ministry of the Interior in Rome, including an illegal investigation of the Roberto Sgalla, ex-director of the office of external affairs

42. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Allusonz For This Useful Post:

If all of this sounds hard to believe, it is. Tuesday, in a preliminary hearing, Perugia Judge Paolo Micheli threw out the case against the 20. The judge found there was no solid evidence to back up Mignini's claim that Narducci was murdered, let alone the victim of a satanic sect.
    *Snipped*. And that is exactly how it works in a trial. It is the judges that decide. Insinuating that anything would be different if a different prosecutor had been working on the case makes no sense IMO. There was a different prosecutor working on the case. There were 2. RG had different prosecutors in his trials. Those were separate trials. Different prosecutors, different judges, different trials...same conclusion.

44. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sherlockh For This Useful Post:

*Snipped*. And that is exactly how it works in a trial. It is the judges that decide. Insinuating that anything would be different if a different prosecutor had been working on the case makes no sense IMO. There was a different prosecutor working on the case. There were 2. RG had different prosecutors in his trials. Those were separate trials. Different prosecutors, different judges, different trials...same conclusion.
    Same plot
    Same prosecutor
    Same psychic

Different judges as they go on to say

"No one," they write, "has an absolute right not to be put under investigation, even if they are innocent; but everyone has the right not to be investigated if no evidence emerges ... that goes beyond mere suspicion."

Those are words that may come back to haunt him

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...e-1992485.html

46. The Following User Says Thank You to Allusonz For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    I don't know about the photos, but it was proven conclusively in this very thread that the Knox family didn't even have AK's diary to release it to the media. And of course they didn't have RS' diary, which was released as well.
    That is false. It was not proven 'conclusively' because from my understanding some of AK's diary was offered to an individual that is administrator at PMF. Since the family was making this offer, how did they not even have it??? The video (showing Meredith's neck wound) was plainly given to the media by RS's family. So nothing proven conclusively IMO.

What does it matter who released the information anyway? Anything written is jail is fair game to investigators IMO. It is their own fault and likely their defense teams would agree, that they wrote the attempts to procure an alibi and the plain lies within.
    The Seeker / Sports Freak /

48. The Following User Says Thank You to dgfred For This Useful Post:

Page 26 of 49 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast