1069 users online (215 members and 854 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

"Casey Town" to house trial media

"The State vs. Casey Anthony long ago took on a life of its own in Orlando, and soon it will have a new, modern-technology element.

Casey Town.

Orange County court officials today firmed up plans for the network In Session to build a media village across the street from the Orange County Courthouse — figured to be the media epicenter for a murder trial predicted to last six to eight weeks."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,6123593.story
    Last edited by Reality Orlando; 02-25-2011 at 11:28 PM.

This media village that contains Casey's name makes me sick. I'd much rather it be called Caylee's town.

Quote Originally Posted by Searchfortruth View Post
    This media village that contains Casey's name makes me sick. I'd much rather it be called Caylee's town.
    that was my first thought too ...

I sincerely believe when we have finally spoken, everyone -- and I mean everyone -- will sit back and say, 'Now I understand and that explains it", said Jose Baez.
    ================================================

OMG. I just had to make note of this fantastic quote. Oh Lordie. Is this guy delusional or what?
    Has anything the defense has done so far, made anyone, anyone at all, sit back and say, " Now I understand, that explains it."

What a joke.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    I sincerely believe when we have finally spoken, everyone -- and I mean everyone -- will sit back and say, 'Now I understand and that explains it", said Jose Baez.
    ================================================

OMG. I just had to make note of this fantastic quote. Oh Lordie. Is this guy delusional or what?
    Has anything the defense has done so far, made anyone, anyone at all, sit back and say, " Now I understand, that explains it."

What a joke.
    I'm quite partial to that quote myself Katy and I am so sure that we will ALL understand, when they have finally spoken...what a complete failure this defense team has been from start to finish.

I thought Caylee Town as well.
    Or Zannyville.
    Or Kidnapper Alley.
    Anything but ICAtown. That makes her look like some unique celebrity.
    BellaVitaville.

It's ridiculous. It's asinine. What, are we going to have to hear, for 6 weeks, "Reporting from Caseytown, this is Holly Bristow".

This really needs to be nipped in the bud. It feels bad, it sounds bad, it's offensive.

Why can't they just grow up and call it what it is: the Caylee Anthony Murder Trial Media Camp?

Or if they can't bear using the victim's name because that's not "fair and balanced" how about The Anthony Trial Outpost? Something. Something else besides Caseytown. How awful.

Quote Originally Posted by jennyb View Post
    It's ridiculous. It's asinine. What, are we going to have to hear, for 6 weeks, "Reporting from Caseytown, this is Holly Bristow".

This really needs to be nipped in the bud. It feels bad, it sounds bad, it's offensive.

Why can't they just grow up and call it what it is: the Caylee Anthony Murder Trial Media Camp?

Or if they can't bear using the victim's name because that's not "fair and balanced" how about The Anthony Trial Outpost? Something. Something else besides Caseyville. How awful.
    I agree. Caseytown should be out.

But I cannot bear to have Caylee's name associated with this circus either. I would rather it be MediaCamp or Anthony-ville.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    I agree. Caseytown should be out.

But I cannot bear to have Caylee's name associated with this circus either. I would rather it be MediaCamp or Anthony-ville.
    You're right Katy. Just using the name Anthony is plenty descriptive.

I am livid, how dare they! She is not a celebrity for crying out loud!

ETA I would rather it be called Guilty As He**-VILLE!
    A Mother's love is a lifelong commitment
    to selflessness

Quote Originally Posted by jennyb View Post

<snip>

I find it offensive on many levels. Not the least of which is that Casey Anthony will LOVE it.
    omg...just what she always wanted - center stage.

major ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by MD MOMMY View Post
    I am livid, how dare they! She is not a celebrity for crying out loud!

ETA I would rather it be called Guilty As He**-VILLE!
    HAHAHAHA! Cracks me right up.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Beach View Post
    <snip>

I find it offensive on many levels. Not the least of which is that Casey Anthony will LOVE it.
    omg...just what she always wanted - center stage.

major ugh.
    True. Somehow that family is inexplicably proud of their infamy. Do they understand the difference between fame and shame? I doubt it.

I don't think anyone's name should be used as a focal point for a gathering of the media under one communal designated area. It is just a media camp and should remain so throughout the trial. I for one will be writing and complaining to any news unit that uses this designation. To name the camp after anyone connected with Caylee's murder is a gross insult to that little lost one. How crass!!!

I am not so sure that this name has been adopted to describe the media area by all -- looks to me like a name OS made up for dramatic effect = ratings.

edit to delete idea!
    Last edited by A_News_Junkie; 02-26-2011 at 12:54 AM.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast