"Casey Town" to house trial media

Reality Orlando

Verified Aquaculturalist
Reaction score
"The State vs. Casey Anthony long ago took on a life of its own in Orlando, and soon it will have a new, modern-technology element.

Casey Town.

Orange County court officials today firmed up plans for the network In Session to build a media village across the street from the Orange County Courthouse — figured to be the media epicenter for a murder trial predicted to last six to eight weeks."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-media-casey-anthony-trial-20110225,0,6123593.story

This media village that contains Casey's name makes me sick. I'd much rather it be called Caylee's town.

I sincerely believe when we have finally spoken, everyone -- and I mean everyone -- will sit back and say, 'Now I understand and that explains it", said Jose Baez.
================================================

OMG. I just had to make note of this fantastic quote. Oh Lordie. Is this guy delusional or what?
Has anything the defense has done so far, made anyone, anyone at all, sit back and say, " Now I understand, that explains it."

What a joke.

I sincerely believe when we have finally spoken, everyone -- and I mean everyone -- will sit back and say, 'Now I understand and that explains it", said Jose Baez.
================================================

OMG. I just had to make note of this fantastic quote. Oh Lordie. Is this guy delusional or what?
Has anything the defense has done so far, made anyone, anyone at all, sit back and say, " Now I understand, that explains it."

What a joke.
I'm quite partial to that quote myself Katy and I am so sure that we will ALL understand, when they have finally spoken...what a complete failure this defense team has been from start to finish.

I thought Caylee Town as well.
Or Zannyville.
Or Kidnapper Alley.
Anything but ICAtown. That makes her look like some unique celebrity.
BellaVitaville.

It's ridiculous. It's asinine. What, are we going to have to hear, for 6 weeks, "Reporting from Caseytown, this is Holly Bristow".

This really needs to be nipped in the bud. It feels bad, it sounds bad, it's offensive.

Why can't they just grow up and call it what it is: the Caylee Anthony Murder Trial Media Camp?

Or if they can't bear using the victim's name because that's not "fair and balanced" how about The Anthony Trial Outpost? Something. Something else besides Caseytown. How awful.

It's ridiculous. It's asinine. What, are we going to have to hear, for 6 weeks, "Reporting from Caseytown, this is Holly Bristow".

This really needs to be nipped in the bud. It feels bad, it sounds bad, it's offensive.

Why can't they just grow up and call it what it is: the Caylee Anthony Murder Trial Media Camp?

Or if they can't bear using the victim's name because that's not "fair and balanced" how about The Anthony Trial Outpost? Something. Something else besides Caseyville. How awful.

I agree. Caseytown should be out.

But I cannot bear to have Caylee's name associated with this circus either. I would rather it be MediaCamp or Anthony-ville.

But I cannot bear to have Caylee's name associated with this circus either. I would rather it be MediaCamp or Anthony-ville.

You're right Katy. Just using the name Anthony is plenty descriptive.

I am livid, how dare they! She is not a celebrity for crying out loud!

ETA I would rather it be called Guilty As He**-VILLE!

<snip>

I find it offensive on many levels. Not the least of which is that Casey Anthony will LOVE it.
omg...just what she always wanted - center stage.

major ugh.

<snip>

I find it offensive on many levels. Not the least of which is that Casey Anthony will LOVE it.
omg...just what she always wanted - center stage.

major ugh.

True. Somehow that family is inexplicably proud of their infamy. Do they understand the difference between fame and shame? I doubt it.

I don't think anyone's name should be used as a focal point for a gathering of the media under one communal designated area. It is just a media camp and should remain so throughout the trial. I for one will be writing and complaining to any news unit that uses this designation. To name the camp after anyone connected with Caylee's murder is a gross insult to that little lost one. How crass!!!

I am not so sure that this name has been adopted to describe the media area by all -- looks to me like a name OS made up for dramatic effect = ratings.

edit to delete idea!

*Mod note*

I know this is offensive to many (including myself), but any sort of organized letter writing campaign or petition is strictly against WS Rules. Tricia is adamant about it.

Do what you please on your own, but do not attribute anything to Websleuths or your membership here. Something like that will get you banned in a hurry.

Thanks!

I am livid, how dare they! She is not a celebrity for crying out loud!

ETA I would rather it be called Guilty As He**-VILLE!

-----------------
I agree.I cant believe this! If I lived in Orlando I'd boycott anyone who had any part of it. I am really PO".Put a picture of a needle on the fencing,put pics' Of caylee nearby!!:maddening::sick::saythat:

How about
The Case Against Casey brought to you Live from The Media Village in OTown

The reporters really aren't the story. I vote they just say "live from the courthouse" and leave it at that.

I can't imagine how horrified the people of Orlando are right now. How dare they? I have to believe that this is just the media naming this area "Casey Town" ... and not the city officials? Right? They wouldn't be so insensitive, would they?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back