1001 users online (185 members and 816 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Trial Date Set

Jury selection is set for 5-16-11.
    Opening arguments likely will be 5-23-11.

Thanks for this, JTF. I'll definitely be following - even if lurking on the outside. This case captured me like none-other from Nov 2006. Always flicked back to catch up.

One can't help but pray for poetic justice - tho nothing "good" could remotely be either connected to, or come out of, this trial. Let's rather hypothetically assume the trial lasts through, say, July and/or Aug and he's convicted.

We may then hope the Judge delays sentencing until 3rd November. That would be exactly 5 years to the day he brutally bludgeoned his wife and Rylan to death (for greed, gain and some cowardly, selfish, inhumane reasons known only to him).

A bittersweet anniversary for the Fishers ... but maybe knowing he also went away on the same day may make their future anniversary memorial a little lighter to bear.

Just thinking ...

Quote Originally Posted by Just the Fax View Post

JY trial status hearing today at 11AM
    Will try to find out what went on....date for pre-trial motions set?
    Is the 5-16-11 jury selection date still on, or will there be a delay?

The arraignment will be on 4/25/2011
    Trial will start 5/31/ 2011.

The arraignment will be on 4/25/2011
    Trial will start 5/31/ 2011.
    JTF, does that mean jury selection will begin on 5-31-11?

trial date for what

Quote Originally Posted by gorealtors View Post
    JTF, does that mean jury selection will begin on 5-31-11?
    Yes, that will be the start of jury selection.
    I would think opening statements will begin June 6th or 7th.

Yes, that will be the start of jury selection.
    I would think opening statements will begin June 6th or 7th.

Great! Now I have no conflicts.

less0305 is offline The face is familiar, but I can't quite remember my name!
    This back-to-back trial with Brad Cooper is going to get me fired. LOL. I'm anxious for this one to get started.

its going to be hard to keep track of this and casey anthony trial. wouldn't it be nice if one of them plead guilty so there wouldn't be a trial. yeah right like that would ever happen. oh well a girl can dream.
    we need to encourage harder sentencing on those that are harming our children. our children are worth it!!

stop the circus!! these children as all children deserve to be found and justice brought forth for what has happened to them!!

thanks for reminding me. I want to watch this trial. Willl it be available online?

Quote Originally Posted by athy View Post
    its going to be hard to keep track of this and casey anthony trial. wouldn't it be nice if one of them plead guilty so there wouldn't be a trial. yeah right like that would ever happen. oh well a girl can dream.
    That's what I've been thinking too. The original dates were the same time starting. I can't actually attend ICA's but may get to JY's. I'm just sorry it's not the death penalty.

I was at the courthouse last week with my daughter and mentioned stopping in for BC's. It was rather late though so we didn't try. I know she is very interested in JY though.

Update on Jason Young trial...May 19th will now be the date for a hearing and his arraignment. Jury selection set for May 31st and will take about a week. Opening arguments to begin after that. Trial should last about 3 weeks, per my source.

Quote Originally Posted by athy View Post
    Waited a long time for this one too,and yes it's gonna be hard following both cases,barely have time to check in on Brad Cooper and now the Chris Coleman trial has started,plus time for regular life ,oh and the Canucks playoff games,need more hours in the day and I don't even have kids!

Quote Originally Posted by gorealtors View Post
    Update on Jason Young trial...May 19th will now be the date for a hearing and his arraignment. Jury selection set for May 31st and will take about a week. Opening arguments to begin after that. Trial should last about 3 weeks, per my source.
    Can it be confirmed whether the gas receipt at 5:45 AM was really Jason and is that time consistent with the theory that he left his house at about 4 in the morning?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast