593 users online (84 members and 509 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr

Thumbs down Canada - Judge under review for controversial remarks in sex case

Oh this infuriates me...

The rapist gets off with no time in jail and the judge criticizes the victim. It's being reviewed by a Judicial Council.

Last week, Manitoba Justice Robert Dewar sentenced 40-year-old Kenneth Rhodes to a two year conditional sentence to be served at home for raping a 26-year-old woman.
    "The victim was so afraid that she fled without pants through the woods," prosecutor Sheila Seesahai told the court, adding that Rhodes took advantage of the much smaller victim.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/02/25/...ex.html?hpt=T2
    Dewar called Rhodes a "clumsy Don Juan" and said "sex was in the air" on the night the sex assault occurred. He also noted that the victim and her girlfriend were wearing tube tops without bras, high heels and lots of makeup.

"This is a different case than one where there is no perceived invitation," said Dewar. "This is a case of misunderstood signals and inconsiderate behaviour."

http://edmonton.ctv.ca/servlet/an/lo...b=EdmontonHome
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

That judge sounds like he's straight out of the 1950s. Disgusting.

Check this out:

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/opi...116972738.html

Rob Dewar, as he's known to his legal pals, isn't a stupid man, no matter how he looks today. He was a highly respected lawyer and perhaps he could have been a highly respected judge -- if he had been assigned to the law he's best at.

Dewar was a civil litigator.

He knows about corporate and commercial litigation, insolvency, professional liability, disciplinary matters, construction disputes and insurance.

Not sexual assault cases.

Not criminal cases, at all, really.

He has no experience.
    “The truth is rarely pure and never simple.”~Oscar Wilde

I just read about this today. I am completely disgusted by this judge.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/02/25/...ex.html?hpt=T2

Quote Originally Posted by Mercyneal View Post
    That judge sounds like he's straight out of the 1950s. Disgusting.
    Sounds as if the judge is a clumsy lover who has misunderstood signals and probably date raped a few women himself.

Quote Originally Posted by WmHersey View Post
    Sounds as if the judge is a clumsy lover who has misunderstood signals and probably date raped a few women himself.
    Exactly what I was thinking. His appearance is quite...trollish, he probably has had very little practice.