Identified! FL - Tampa, WhtFem, traffic accident, Dec'10 - Lesley Lyons

CarlK90245

UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
New case added today to NamUs:

NamUs UP # 8526 https://identifyus.org/cases/8526

Unidentified White Female
* The victim was found on December 20, 2010 at N. Dale Mabry Hwy and Hamilton Ave in Tampa FL
Distinguishing Characteristics
Weight: 135 lbs
Hair: Straight, Brown, 40 cm long
Distinguishing Characteristics: Vertical scar on abdomen, colostomy scar on left side of abdomen, Ears pierced.
Clothing: XL Disney brand navy blue hooded sweatshirt, "Famous Flirt" printed on front, white long sleeve t-shirt, black pants, white Reebok tennis shoes.

Case History
* Traffic accident (No other details provided)

This woman looks alot like Melanie Quadros

http://www.nampn.org/cases/quadros_melanie.html

quadros_melanie_2.jpg

However, I am a little doubtful that this is Melanie. The Jane Doe is 2" taller and 30 lbs heavier. Also, there is no mention that Melanie has abdominal scars or a prior colostomy.

Wonder why this article makes it sound like they know who she was. An older woman, in her fifties.
Strange.

Pedestrian fatally hit on Dale Mabry

Updated: Tuesday, 21 Dec 2010, 11:22 AM EST
Published : Monday, 20 Dec 2010, 9:30 PM EST

TAMPA - A deadly crash between a vehicle and a pedestrian shut down the southbound lanes of Dale Mabry south of Waters Avenue Monday night.

The Florida Highway Patrol says a 55-year-old woman was trying to cross the highway at West Hamilton Avenue when she was hit and killed by a car.

Troopers say the driver, 45-year-old Rebecca Lantrip did not see the woman crossing the road due to her dark clothing.

The pedestrian has not yet been identified as authorities are trying to notify her next of kin. Troopers say the victim was from New York City.

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/local/hillsborough/fatal-hit-&-run-on-dale-mabry

I'm not sure what to make of the MyFoxTampa report suggesting that the identity of the deceased woman is already known.

But if it is not, then Shannon Hawkins is a very good possible. The obvious question though, is what was she doing between July 31 and Dec 20, before being killed in an apparent accident.

I also noticed that the photo of Shannon, she is wearing a Mets jersey, and the MyFoxTampa article says that the deceased woman is from New York.

hawkinsss.JPG

Don't post here often but Shannon Hawkins is the 1st thing I thought also. Never heard an update if she was ever found. I do see the resemblance.

They said they think they knew but after I submitted Shannon month back they responded with:

RE: Possible Match
Rose Sacchetti <namus.14@findthemissing.org>
View Contact
To: Shaun Morris <semorris_2@yahoo.com>

Shaun: NamUs has posed this as a potential match and it is pending review of biometric data. Thank you!

Thanks for the update Carl, they emailed me that also afterwords.. hopefully there is hope for Shannon

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts
Back