1266 users online (201 members and 1065 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    http://twitter.com/kq2lourin

LOTS of info from this reporter who is tweeting... so much so that I cannot paraphrase...

but one thing....: defense is saying that hollster is trying to pin it on EK.. and that EK threatened him. Also the truck was EK's and hollister says EK loaned it to him

ReHo led LE to Pat's remains ;-(

Nine men and five women were selected. Once seated, they heard opening arguments in the case of murdered Atchison County woman Patricia Kimmi.

Kimmi disappeared from her rural Horton home November 2009. Prosecutors say her death was part of a contract killing.

Witnesses will begin testifying Wednesday morning.

The trial is expected to take two weeks. The jury will not be sequestered during that time.

http://www.wibw.com/home/headlines/J...116685069.html

What a day this must have been for Pat's family! I'm surprised that the jury was selected so quickly. I'm also surprised that people wouldn't have known about the case. Would the jury members all be from the local county? I wish I lived closer and could attend the trial too. From all of the "conversations" with Pat's family on here, it feels like I know them and would like to be there for support.
    Seems like a tricky tactic to bring EK into RoHo's excuse for his pickup being involved. Is Heathman trying to throw the jury off of concentrating on RoHo?
    I didn't realize that ReHo lead LE to Pat's remains. I must have missed that detail. I always thought like she knew more than she let on.
    Will be anxious to hear from Rita later on. I can't begin to imagine how difficult it would be to testify. Many prayers being sent your way Kimmi kids!
    Last edited by jeansrme; 02-22-2011 at 09:12 PM. Reason: wording change

In the complaint filed in Atchison County District Court, county attorney Jerry Kuckelman said Hollister intentionally and with premeditation killed Kimmi pursuant to a contract or agreement or was a party to a contract or agreement to have her killed.
    http://cjonline.com/news/2011-02-22/...ected-atchison

RoHo's take on things according to reporter in the courtroom:

Heathman says Hollister loaned Eugene his red truck. Was w. Eugene when Pat was kidnapped. Says Eugene threatened him.
    Heathman says Hollister lied to law enforcement because he was scared. Eugene told him "You're going down for this."
    http://twitter.com/kq2lourin

Here we go - and moving right along!

So, he DID implicate EK! So why is he still walking around free?

Prayers to you Kimmi family - I know this won't be easy for you.

Looks like RoHo's shiner is gone. Too bad - would have looked nice with that black suit and his black soul.

He sure did get gussied up for his trial today, huh? Doesn't matter, though. He still looks mean as he!! and no suit in the world is gonna hide that.

I'm thinking the possible "aiding and abetting" charges to which they eluded would pertain to Mrs. Ho?

legal question: can Mrs. Ho testify against Mr. Ho??? As she allegedly led LE to Pat's remains!

just wondered about spousal privledge, etc...

she DID divorce him, right???

Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    legal question: can Mrs. Ho testify against Mr. Ho??? As she allegedly led LE to Pat's remains!

just wondered about spousal privledge, etc...

she DID divorce him, right???
    That's a good question, nurse. IDK if the divorce was ever finalized. I should think she would be a star witness for the state.

Thanks to all keeping us updated with information on the trial. It's difficult for all Pat's family and friends, and hard to think that justice for our dear Pat rides on what happens here. Faith in God - and Kuckleman.

http://www.ksnt.com/news/local/story...G0yb417fw.cspx

Each side told their version of the story of Hollister's alleged involvement with Kimmi's murder.
    What we do know is Hollister drove Patricia Kimmi's ex-husband Eugene Kimmi to Patricia's home the night before police discovered she was missing.

Eugene put a rolled-up carpet in the back of Hollister's truck.
    The opposing sides disagree over whether Patricia Kimmi's body was rolled in that carpet.
    Did I miss something??? RoHo drove EK to Pat's....a rolled up carpet??? I figured it was just a mistake in reporting but I saw two different reports about a rolled up carpet. Just want to make sure I didn't miss something. I think that would have been something I'd have remembered.

Hang in there Kimmi friends & family I think we're about to get a lot of BS dumped on us and I'm not sure the press are bothering with double checking their facts before they post their reports. If things get dirty like I think they might, it could be discouraging to see any negative false statements made about Pat or her family reported as truth in the media. But you have the truth on your side and from my count a couple thousand supporters who have your back and will not let your family be slandered.

2/22/2011 10:15:00 PM
    Opening Arguments Kick Off Hollister Trial

Mary Meyers
    Atchison Globe

Defense attorneys for Roger Hollister have begun to paint a picture of a different suspect in the abduction and murder of Patricia Kimmi - her ex-husband.

Opening statements and testimony in the capital murder trial portrayed Eugene Kimmi as an abusive alcoholic who wanted her dead.

Mr. Hollister's defense attorney James Heathman said Eugene often made it known he was upset about the divorce because he got eight acres near the sawmill and Ms. Kimmi received 150 acres in the outcome.

"He (Eugene) repeatedly said," Mr. Heathman said "'he hated her and wanted her dead. He (Eugene) was strapped for cash. Because of the housing market the saw mill was not doing well."

more here

http://hiawathaworldonline.com/main....ArticleID=5662
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast