Interest in *advertiser censored*, Vampires and Death - A clue to murder?

Kimster

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ufo2001.com
My intent is to move this thread to the WS Resource Center at some point, but I thought you guys might be interested in discussing this topic here first.

The information about Shawn Adkins having the masks, and those videos (which are discussed in detail in the private forum) and now the *advertiser censored* - this all reminds me and a friend of mine of NG's Missing show a couple of nights ago. They were talking about James Hataway. Hataway is a POI in the disappearance of Tracy Ocasio. He is in jail right now for the attempted murder of another girl and the attack was brutal. (You can read about that on this link too).

Here's what was said about items found in Hataway's home:

CASAREZ: To Marlaina Schiavo, NANCY GRACE producer, after James Hataway was arrested, they actually executed a search warrant at the home. He lived with his father. They took computers from the home. What did they find on the hard drive?

MARLAINA SCHIAVO, NANCY GRACE PRODUCER: Jean, they found multiple searches about murders, suicide, cannibalism, vampires, and as a matter of fact, after police started questioning him about Tracy Ocasio, they found that he was searching, researching suicide for several hours.

CASAREZ: Now, we don`t know exactly who was doing that research. All of that research on the computer, because his father did live in the home. It was a computer that they both may have used, but police definitely looked at that, that someone was researching serial killers and murder and cannibalism.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1102/24/ng.01.html

Thoughts on this type of interest? You are welcome to discuss the social impact of this kind of behavior as well as whether this gives us a picture of Shawn. As mentioned, I do plan on moving this thread as I believe it is going to pertain to a lot more cases in the future.

In the wrong mind (sociopath) it all can trigger disaster.
IIRC Ted Bundy said '*advertiser censored*' started him on his way to killing...............

I spent hours researching suicide when Kelly Catalano suspossedly drown herself to end her life. Then again when my uncle shot himself. Probably other cases too. I have googled everything under the sun and followed the pickton murders and Had prints out of the 100 something woman missing from the area, that I had printed before they caught him and knocked the missing woman list to 40.
I researched cults , murders , the way bodies come apart after being weighted down.
I joined IMVU and went to some disturbing places. Something things are not what they appear to be. I google phrases sometimes that make me afraid to hit enter.

I wouldnt want to draw conclusion on every suspect because of content on their computers. When that stuff is found an independant psychological examination would be needed to draw conclusions as to the propensity towards violence. Without using the content as a marker. IMO. You really cant tell how it interest someone by seeing what they are looking at. If the potential for violence is there ,then the content should be factored into the their psych profile.

Normal healty people should not have to defend their interest.

I think if you open yourself to darkness, it will come in.

I totally agree with you. And this has been my thought all along. I believe if you have these things in your home, in your mind and part of your life you are asking the devil to come in. I don't watch those movies or read any of those kind of books for that very reason. jmo

I haven't seen anything that indicates Shawn is into vampires and *advertiser censored* is pretty much ubiquitous in our society but looking at him closer I see some things that are very worrying in his case:

- Cruelty towards animals (talk about cutting up deer with chainsaw that seemed for fun and allegation of having pics of bestiality)

- Some of his posts on the Michael Myers forum seem antisocial even for that crowd.

- Allegation of having child *advertiser censored*.

I haven't seen anything that indicates Shawn is into vampires and *advertiser censored* is pretty much ubiquitous in our society but looking at him closer I see some things that are very worrying in his case:

- Cruelty towards animals (talk about cutting up deer with chainsaw that seemed for fun and allegation of having pics of bestiality)

- Some of his posts on the Michael Myers forum seem antisocial even for that crowd.

- Allegation of having child *advertiser censored*.

We don't know what LE considers under the title 'deviant acts'. Personally I think vampires, werewolves, etc can be classed as definitely deviant. jmo

Well, I have read all the Vampire books w/Sookie. (sp?) I read murder cases. And this might come as a surprise to some but... :eek: I've even seen a *advertiser censored* or two. Actually I took my 85 year old Gramma to the *advertiser censored* flicks once because she "wanted to see if they had invented anything new". (She said they hadn't.) But I digress. And I've never killed/hurt/kidnapped or otherwise hurt anyone. I think if you are whacked, you are just whacked. I don't think these things pushed them over the edge, they had fell off already. They might have an interest in these things which definitely add a "sellability" to them, but other than that no.

ps......I think there is a certain "bad boy sexiness" to vampires. lol. Does this mean I'm deviant? :eek:

I totally agree with you. And this has been my thought all along. I believe if you have these things in your home, in your mind and part of your life you are asking the devil to come in. I don't watch those movies or read any of those kind of books for that very reason. jmo

I have to respectfully disagree with this. I don't think those things can turn a good person into a murderer. I tried to watch the movie "The Collector" when it was on a few nights ago and I just couldn't take it. It seemed too senselessly violent to me. But those movies are very popular, millions of people enjoy them and it doesn't make them kill. I really doubt watching them would turn you into a murderer. I boxed, wrestled and played football when I was younger so I follow the sports of football and mixed martial arts, which are very violent sports, but that doesn't make me want to attack people. Now something like meth can make a normal person paranoid and dangerous but that's a very different thing.

I don't have much more than a rudimentary grasp of psychology but from what I have seen of Shawn I think he does have some very troubling aspects of his personality. I don't know if his media choices exacerbate that or if what he is drawn to is just a manifestation of it, but I do think that his behaviour in the realm of *advertiser censored* or horror films is creepy even for those areas.

Well, I have read all the Vampire books w/Sookie. (sp?) I read murder cases. And this might come as a surprise to some but... :eek: I've even seen a *advertiser censored* or two. Actually I took my 85 year old Gramma to the *advertiser censored* flicks once because she "wanted to see if they had invented anything new". (She said they hadn't.) But I digress. And I've never killed/hurt/kidnapped or otherwise hurt anyone. I think if you are whacked, you are just whacked. I don't think these things pushed them over the edge, they had fell off already. They might have an interest in these things which definitely add a "sellability" to them, but other than that no.

ps......I think there is a certain "bad boy sexiness" to vampires. lol. Does this mean I'm deviant? :eek:

I think you become deviant when you start sucking blood. :floorlaugh:

It was Billie who was researching murders, IIRC from the affidavit. She said it was a hobby of hers.

Shawn's thing seemed to be dressing up and acting out the Michael Myers stuff. Collecting the masks.

I think Billie's research into torture and murder, and Shawn's penchant for dressing up and acting it out, combined their drug use especially, was a recipe for disaster. I'm surprised the people around them didn't see what was coming.

Well, Hailey saw it coming. She kept telling people she was scared.

I don't know if there's a point up to which a person who's obsessed with murder and torture as Billie and Shawn were could get help and stop it. Go to a counselor and get themselves checked into a psych hospital. I don't know if they recognize there's something very wrong in their behavior and feelings.

I wonder if either Billie or Shawn reached out for help in some way. Meeting each other and getting involved with each other certainly I think would just feed and fuel their individual obsessions.

They probably helped each other to rationalize it and make it seem okay, acceptable. Whether they did that consciously, or just as part of the process. Sort of like on the internet when people engage in bullying and abuse. They see someone else doing it, and it makes them feel like their behavior must be 'okay'. Even band together to bully and abuse people. Same kind of dynamic is what I'm thinking.

I don't know what else I think. I just woke up from a nap. I need coffee or something. lol.

I agree with you to an extent. It's a choice. We can choose to manifest good in the world, or we can choose to manifest evil in the world. It's a powerful choice, and one we should make carefully, and with grave consideration.

What I'm not sure of, is whether some people can control it, if it's a compulsion they have. I don't think they can, and I think they just need to be contained so they don't harm others. Of course, that bring up the whole rights violation thing. Identify people wrongly as being compelled to harm others etc.

We don't know what LE considers under the title 'deviant acts'. Personally I think vampires, werewolves, etc can be classed as definitely deviant. jmo

LE has said that in this case 'deviant' included bestiality and child *advertiser censored*.
I think it is safe to assume it is not lightweight, harmless images, or standard, *advertiser censored*, like a couple might view on a sexy weekend.

I am going to make an educated guess that it will be similar to what we ALREADY KNOW about Shawn's favorite hobbies. It will include violent, gruesome images, which will include deviant sexual images of children, bondage, bloody gore and animals.

This is not like 'Twilight'.

We didn't know about *advertiser censored* before, but I've thought the interest in vampires very odd ever since hearing about it. Printing out material on the subject and saving it under a bed or in closet combined with behavior when giving interviews gave me the creeps. Working people, people with teens around, and people in their late twenties and thirties shouldn't have those interests IMO. They should be busy living life, raising kids, working out, having fun, etc. IF they had an interest in vampires it should have only been reading Twilight, enjoying the vampire classic movies, and nothing else. Combine that with the masks, serial killer and couple crime interest, videos, drug use, and now deviant *advertiser censored*, it should be a huge concern.

I think the difference is the ability to separate fantasy from reality. I watch vampire shows, post at WS, my favorite TV station is Investigation Discovery, and I've seen some *advertiser censored* in my time, though not bestiality or child *advertiser censored*.

But I know what's real, what belongs in reality, and what belongs purely in fantasy. I think with some people, the line between reality and fantasy gets blurred or completely taken away by their obsession. Instead of things like vampires and *advertiser censored* just being a hobby or fantasy, those things become an actual part of their life. They can't distinguish what is real in their lives and what is not. And some don't care about separating fantasy and reality, doing what they want to do when they want to do it without caring about consequences or who gets hurt (those would be the sociopaths).

I think if a person lets these things take over their lives, then yes, darkness and evil can result. It's having that moral and metaphysical line between reality and fantasy that keeps people like me from doing any evil and harm.

I think, from that statement of things being awesome for six months, that fantasy became reality for not only SA but BD too. They were living the dream until Hailey made a mess of it, in their minds.

It's not what you're interested in that determines whether you end up hurting or killing people. It's what you do with that interest that leads to the loss of that line between fantasy and reality that can turn people into murderers.

Oh be still my heart... you had to mention Sookie. I love love love those books, and True Blood and Eric Northman (Alexander Skarsgard) is just *melt*
I mean seriously, put a little of him and Edward Cullen behind your ear and your tongue would beat your brains out trying to get to it.

Am I deviant...? lol

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh: about Gramma :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I spent hours researching suicide when Kelly Catalano suspossedly drown herself to end her life. Then again when my uncle shot himself. Probably other cases too. I have googled everything under the sun and followed the pickton murders and Had prints out of the 100 something woman missing from the area, that I had printed before they caught him and knocked the missing woman list to 40.
I researched cults , murders , the way bodies come apart after being weighted down.
I joined IMVU and went to some disturbing places. Something things are not what they appear to be. I google phrases sometimes that make me afraid to hit enter.

I wouldnt want to draw conclusion on every suspect because of content on their computers. When that stuff is found an independant psychological examination would be needed to draw conclusions as to the propensity towards violence. Without using the content as a marker. IMO. You really cant tell how it interest someone by seeing what they are looking at. If the potential for violence is there ,then the content should be factored into the their psych profile.

Normal healty people should not have to defend their interest.

I hear ya! "Thank you" was not enough!

I have to admit I read stories about vampires. I especially enjoy the books Lynsay Sands writes,her vampires to me are depicted as very handsome and her books get pretty "hot" in the romance department. I like her books because the vampires have evovled, the main family - The Argeneau's do not support biting people anymore, instead they own blood banks in the US. They hunt down "rouge vampires " that refuse to conform to the rules.... no killing people. 21st century, out of the box more up to date Vampires might not interest some, but I have to say,I like this better than blood and gore. The sex part, I'd rather read and use my own imagination than watch it on TV by actors faking it or doing it for real. the camera angels are too in my face. I guess its ok to some, but I really don't want to see that.

I have no idea what my hard drive must look like, but since I will never be involved in drugs or murder I don't see LE ever needing to look at it.

HOWEVER CHILD *advertiser censored*? is totally off limits I.won't even open an article about it. I know it exsists and that is all I care to know. I don't want my IP ADDRESS tagged!
I'm off to research can meth rage/paranoia cause murder. :smile:

Kimster I seen the show on Tracy O. I think with no doubt that James Hataway is serial killer.

I thought the same thing when I was reading up on James. But I don't see the vampires with Shawn. In a way Shawn obsession with the masks and animals is scarier than vampires.

I like to know if Shawn ever put hands on BD? not threaten but put his hands on her.

I don't think we heard that he hit BD or any other women...YET!

James has been accused more than once on roughness with women.....

We didn't know about *advertiser censored* before, but I've thought the interest in vampires very odd ever since hearing about it. Printing out material on the subject and saving it under a bed or in closet combined with behavior when giving interviews gave me the creeps. Working people, people with teens around, and people in their late twenties and thirties shouldn't have those interests IMO. They should be busy living life, raising kids, working out, having fun, etc. IF they had an interest in vampires it should have only been reading Twilight, enjoying the vampire classic movies, and nothing else. Combine that with the masks, serial killer and couple crime interest, videos, drug use, and now deviant *advertiser censored*, it should be a huge concern.

I tend to agree with your view. The level of maturity has a great deal to do with it. There's something to be said for the ratings on movies, games, etc., but there is the problem of the internet and it seems unless in a controlled environment, children, tweens, young adults could get carried away. This may be the new impending crime factor beginning to be played out.?? To acquire that type of obsession for vampires, death, *advertiser censored*, etc in my youth, I would have had to read many, many books and cable was not as diverse as it is now. There was really nothing "dirty" even on exclusive cable channels, except for The Playboy Channel. I don't think the library even carried so called *advertiser censored*, except for the classics, and would bet very few of those....and some probably not classified as *advertiser censored* in today's terms.

Even socialization has changed because of the internet. People are curtailing the mere direct contact in communicating with each other and using emails, social websites, etc instead. The sound of another human voice is even being curtailed by texting. Maybe everyone just needs a webcam, but that still is not face to face communication.. Maybe we are becoming less human in that sense?? Even Capt. Kirk and Spock didn't have the internet and text messaging; :eek: although they still have us beat with their beamers.

That said, I still like my internet....or I couldn't be a WS'er. :websleuther:

There are many factors that probably come into play. Your culture, your beliefs, your upbringing, your environment, and how you interacted with all of them; then add the physiology that may play a role also.

It's not just the obsession of perceived ugly things leading to murder....love and money are right up there at the top of the list and most people do not have any objection to either. The Seven Deadly Sins? Maybe we need a crime writer to answer the question or a good criminal psychologist. ??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lefer
Back