1412 users online (208 members and 1204 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

NC - Antoinetta McKoy, 28, & Jadon Higganbothan, 4, murdered, Durham, Oct-Dec 2010

I heard this on the news, and cannot get the article to load!!!! I have been having PC issues for a few days, so maybe it is just me

Very little info I think..... I gathered from the short news report that 6 yr old was missing first, then Mom was missing at a different time.... But I am not completely sure. Wish I could read the story!

Here is a link to the news site, and I will look for more in a bit.

http://www.kktv.com/
    Last edited by Texas Mist; 03-01-2011 at 01:57 PM. Reason: update thread title

Found another story... Not much info at all!!! But seems very scary and suspicious to me IMO

http://www.newsfirst5.com/news/searc...her-and-child/

Quote Originally Posted by mommy23 View Post
    Found another story... Not much info at all!!! But seems very scary and suspicious to me IMO

http://www.newsfirst5.com/news/searc...her-and-child/
    So, the child has been missing since "last week". They searched at that time, and again today, but didn't find him. They removed 9 other kids from the home.

Then yesterday, mom doesn't turn up for a meeting with social services.

It says she recently moved from North Carolina to Colorado. Maybe she gave him to someone last week and yesterday went to meet up with them?
    Last edited by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed; 02-27-2011 at 02:08 AM.

Weird, I get the impression the child may have been missing from N.C. and they went looking for her to find him. Maybe a parental abduction? And now she is hiding. She may have been the custodial parent, but left N.C. without proper paperwork or something.

I am just speculating of course but it's confusing when another state is contacting her about her missing son and then takes 9 other children away from her.

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_17493490

Teller County authorities are searching for a woman who vanished after she was questioned about the whereabouts of her 6-year-old son, who is missing from North Carolina.

Vania Rae Sisk, 25, failed to show up for a child custody hearing Thursday in Woodland Park, Teller County sheriff's Sgt. Nick Olmsted said in a news release.

<modsnip>
    Last edited by Texas Mist; 02-28-2011 at 04:59 AM. Reason: please don't copy/paste entire articles-thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
    Weird, I get the impression the child may have been missing from N.C. and they went looking for her to find him. Maybe a parental abduction? And now she is hiding. She may have been the custodial parent, but left N.C. without proper paperwork or something.

I am just speculating of course but it's confusing when another state is contacting her about her missing son and then takes 9 other children away from her.
    You're right. Now that I read it again, it does sound like the 6-year-old went missing from North Carolina last week. So authorities went to Vania's home in Colorado to look for him. They didn't find him, but now Vania is missing too.

ETA: Nevermind. Thanks for the new article, krista!!!

9 other children were taken from this place ? WTheck is going on here ? A place harboring parents fleeing with their children ?
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Boy that is odd. Sounds as if she took the boy from NC doesn't it? Custody hearing?? Maybe the 9 children were not all hers.
    Why no alert??
    Odd.
    Hope they are both okay.

Vania has a MS page. On it, she has photos of all of her children. Only one child meets the age criteria. Since the child is missing, I think his name and photo should also be posted. However, the media has not released the name of the child.....so, I'm just not clear on if I can post the photo and name. The photo clearly states that he was 2 in 2007, so he would be 6 now and, again, he is the only child pictured who would be the correct age.

FYI: Vania's MAIDEN name is SISK
    Her MARRIED name is misspelled in the release. It is actually HIGGANBOTHAN. An internet search or USSEARCH.com will validate my findings and provide other relatives (not posting their names here)
    The father of the little boy who is missing has the boy's photo posted on his FB page. This is an old photo of the boy when he was 2 years old. Wonder when the father last saw his child. Wishing I could post the boys' photo so people in Durham and Teller could be on the lookout for him as well!

Here. Put the corrected Married last name of Vania in this search. Higganbothan. http://upload.facebook.com/family/index.php

how many of the children are hers if she has photos of them on her myspace? she is only 25 surely she can not have 10 children
    REVAMPZ

West Palm Beach (Palm Beach County) Florida
    Wow this is very strange. I hope they are both doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by krista View Post
    Here. Put the corrected Married last name of Vania in this search. Higganbothan. http://upload.facebook.com/family/index.php
    I tried the link, but only one other person came up and the last name wasn't even close...
    This is all my opinion, which is subject to change with more information, if the wind changes direction, or if I wake up in a different mood...

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast