Myth Busters & Facts **NO DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE**

Salem

Former Member
Reaction score
Things are being thrown around as fact when they are not. Errors in early reports and info carried from other sites that has not been substantiated all lead to myths when everyone does not where the information has been corrected.

So here is a thread to respond to information that is blatantly false. This is not a FACTS thread, but a thread to respond to information and link to the source so that is blatantly false information can be put to rest.

This as a LIST ONLY NO DISCUSSION THREAD for squashing rumors and untrue statements that float around.

IF YOU NEED DISCUSSION HERE IS A COMPANION THREAD TO CHALLENGE OR OTHER DISCUSSION: MythBuster Thread Discussion Area - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

If you list a misconception as true/false, you MUST provide a link. For example, the dogs tracked Hailey to the motel. But I am too lazy to find the link ,so I cannot list it. :) I know someone will. Quoting someone's post is not a good link, unless that post has all the information in it.

This could prove to be a very valuable thread if we do not have any chit chat and all misconceptions are backed by links.

If you challenge a link, please report the post and we can all do a fact check . Do not challenge it on the thread.

Here is an example of how this works:
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Myth:
Rumor as stated by Billie Dunn on CNN

BILLIE DUNN: Yes. I kind of don`t know what to say now since I heard police were being tight-lipped about it, but I`ll go ahead and say they started toward her dad`s house. They didn`t go there. They stopped, turned around, went to her friend`s, went to that motel, where they told me they`re reviewing video surveillance. There was video surveillance there. But didn`t have much luck there.

[url]http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/04/ng.01.html[/URL].

FACT
“The dogs did not trail Hailey’s scent to the motels,” He said. “They took the dogs to different places trying to pick up the scent. Motels are good places to start. The dogs did get a hit.”

[url]http://www.ccitynews.net/news/story/2011/01/search-dunn-intensifies-helicopter-search[/URL]

Myth: Memory stick was found in BD's panty drawer.

Fact: No, it was not.

The return on warrant describes a 2-gigabyte PNY Attache memory stick found in the bottom right-hand drawer of a four-drawer dresser in the master bedroom of the Colorado City residence shared by Billie Dunn and Adkins, her live-in boyfriend. Officials also found a 700-megabyte Memorex CD disc that was also seized as evidence.The return on warrant describes a 2-gigabyte PNY Attache memory stick found in the bottom right-hand drawer of a four-drawer dresser in the master bedroom of the Colorado City residence shared by Billie Dunn and Adkins, her live-in boyfriend. Officials also found a 700-megabyte Memorex CD disc that was also seized as evidence. http://www.ktxs.com/news/26998644/detail.html

Salem

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soababiotiling
Back