Special Report: Hailey Dunn Case Reaches Two-Month Milestone 2.27.11

lynnb

Reaction score
Special Report: Hailey Dunn Case Reaches Two-Month Milestone
http://www.ktxs.com/news/27015671/detail.html

Special report: Coming Monday on KTXS, how Colorado City and the Colorado Middle School have weathered the storm since Hailey Dunn disappeared two months ago.

The case of missing Colorado City teenager Hailey Dunn reached a grim milestone Sunday: It's now been two months since Hailey was last seen on Dec. 27.

Adkins told investigators, according to the affidavits, that after leaving work at 6:10 a.m., he went straight to his mother’s house in Big Spring. However, cell phone records indicate that his cell phone was in contact with cell phone towers in Colorado City in the vicinity of the Dunn home by about 6:35 a.m. and for the next 30 minutes or so.

People who've been following the case will have an opportunity to get their questions answered Monday evening by Hailey's mother. Billie Dunn has agreed to take part in a web chat on bigcountryhomepage.com. The event will take place from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.

I am really surprised that she is going to do this even after what came out in the MSM this weekend. Keep on talking Billie......

People who've been following the case will have an opportunity to get their questions answered Monday evening by Hailey's mother. Billie Dunn has agreed to take part in a web chat on bigcountryhomepage.com. The event will take place from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.

I am really surprised that she is going to do this even after what came out in the MSM this weekend. Keep on talking Billie......

If she doesn't cancel at the last minute, I'm sure she'll have a list of topics that she will discuss and won't answer questions not on her list. She'll use this to try to create doubt about evidence released and paint herself as a victim; another PR attempt. Despite all of the evidence released by LE and the continued inconsistencies in Billie's accounts, there are still people that believe Billie is an innocent victim of Shawn. I think she'll be playing up that angle more directly from now on; no where else to go (while still trying to defend him - she has more practice balancing that dual role). I guess she hasn't in fact retained council yet. If she had, she would have cancelled. All MOO....

Special Report: Hailey Dunn Case Reaches Two-Month Milestone

Special report: Coming Monday on KTXS, how Colorado City and the Colorado Middle School have weathered the storm since Hailey Dunn disappeared two months ago.

The case of missing Colorado City teenager Hailey Dunn reached a grim milestone Sunday: It's now been two months since Hailey was last seen on Dec. 27.

After two months, the level of activity in the case has slowed considerably: An early January frenzy has been reduced to the steady pace of a long-term investigation.

Officials now acknowledge that finding Hailey could take many more months – even years.

More: http://www.ktxs.com/news/27015671/detail.html

"Officials now acknowledge that finding Hailey could take many more months – even years."

"Kampfer said it has crossed the minds of investigators that they may not ever find Hailey Dunn – but he quickly added they remain “committed to continue to look.”"

:( This is so sad.

:praying: that Hailey will be found soon.

"Contrary to some reports, there was no scent of Hailey being tracked to a nearby motel. Tracking dogs at the motel reacted to something briefly – not an uncommon occurrence – but a thorough search turned up no further scent nor evidence of Hailey having been there."

BBM Finally confirmation about the reports of Hailey near the hotel.

"Officials now acknowledge that finding Hailey could take many more months – even years."

"Kampfer said it has crossed the minds of investigators that they may not ever find Hailey Dunn – but he quickly added they remain “committed to continue to look.”"

:( This is so sad.

:praying: that Hailey will be found soon.

Just wow, sounds like that LE is at a stand still, and their only hope is if someone or SA and or BD slip up really bad to lead them to HD.

Maybe we should open up a new thread and we disect the cases they downloaded, starting with the most recent. Perhaps we can garner clues with the help of locals to answer questions of the area. *shrug* I just don't know anymore.

This news just killed my hopes that either HD is alive or they did find her body in one of the landfills but are very hush over it, taking their time on the DNA. I guess that is a big NEGATORY given this statement from LE.

Thank you for posting. I'm depressed now.

The bottom line is that this adorable young girl is missing and we can only hope that she is found safe. It has been 2 months; those who have info should speak honestly and openly to help bring her back home.

LE saying that it could take "years" to find Hailey, unfortunately, confirms in my mind that they believe she is dead. I can't imagine them saying something like that if they believed she was alive. Sadly, it sounds like they think there is a possibility they'll never find her.

If Hailey is never found, which is possible, I hope that Shawn gets the maximum for the child *advertiser censored*. He could get 60 years in prison if all goes well. It's not the DP, but at least he is not getting away scot free.
As for Billie, I am not sure she will be prosecuted, unfortunately.

Authorities have no evidence to suggest an abduction took place. This is why state officials refused to issue a statewide Amber Alert in those first days after Hailey Dunn disappeared Dec. 27 – because there is no evidence to suggest an abduction.

KTXS link above

So much for "a stranger came in and took her".

IMO, SA is the weak link. He will tell where she is under pressure-probably in one of those "ugly" fields or creeks. I think BJD knows too, but she will never tell. :cow: :cow:

I hope when these 2 are arrested for the *advertiser censored* that being separated will make one of them talk about Hailey.
BTW I believe in KARMA.
Hailey was a good girl, good grades, so much better than these people ever would be.

Time Line: Dunn's Disappearance and Search Efforts

Reported by: Laura Kellerman
Saturday, February 26 2011

The following time line of events was compiled by Bigcountryhomepage.com based on information gathered each day during the search for Hailey Dunn, interviews with Hailey's mother both conducted by our reporters and by Headline News' Nancy Grace, by reports published by other local media outlets, such as ccitynews.net, information from investigators, and search warrant affidavits. This time line is not meant to be a point of reference, not a fact guide.

more here

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=329087

This has been an agonizing 2 months but to me it has gone by fast. I just can't believe it has been 2 months.

If she doesn't cancel at the last minute, I'm sure she'll have a list of topics that she will discuss and won't answer questions not on her list. She'll use this to try to create doubt about evidence released and paint herself as a victim; another PR attempt. Despite all of the evidence released by LE and the continued inconsistencies in Billie's accounts, there are still people that believe Billie is an innocent victim of Shawn. I think she'll be playing up that angle more directly from now on; no where else to go (while still trying to defend him - she has more practice balancing that dual role). I guess she hasn't in fact retained council yet. If she had, she would have cancelled. All MOO....

IMO the remark made by her of "everyday they don't find something is good for me" has to do with the child *advertiser censored* moreso than Hailey. All she has ever cared about is her hide. Two children have suffered greatly because of a manipulative, selfish person. I can't in good conscience bear to use the term mother with her.

Looks like this special report on Hailey is going to be expanded today on KTXS:

Sorry to quote my own post but I'm too lazy to re-quote and link. :)

I wonder what the heck happened to the special report they were going to do on Monday. I'm really disappointed. I was looking forward to it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back