1129 users online (229 members and 900 guests)  

Websleuths News

Canada - Cult leader Roch Theriault killed in jail

"Roch Theriault, one of Canada's most notoriously sadistic criminals, has died. The imprisoned, 63-year-old former cult leader was involved in an 'altercation' Saturday that resulted in his death."

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/Canada/201...prison-110227/

The only people who might miss him are 3 of his "wives" who continued to visit him in jail...

ok, for some reason, I don't know who this is (& I'm Canadian!)

I need to do some serious reading but the first thing that has already annoyed the carp out of me is that he was allowed conjugal visits! WTH?!

lots of thumbnails here; click to enlarge & see decriptions:

http://webhome.idirect.com/~boweevil/rockphotos.html

OneLostGrl is offline I'm going against the grain- I'm going sane
    Wow, I just watched the movie about this guy the other night. Can't say that I'm sad to hear he died but I'm not happy this stuff is allowed to happen in prison.

I'm sure his death wasn't as brutal as what he has done to others. Good riddance.
    Roch Thériault - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

<<<snip>>>

During his reign, Thériault mutilated several members. He once used a meat cleaver to chop off the hand and part of the arm of Gabrielle Lavallée, one of his concubines, also removing eight of her teeth. He was accused of castrating a 2-year-old boy, as well as at least one adult male, and of murdering his legal spouse, Solange Boilard, by disembowelment, purportedly while trying to perform surgery on her, in 1988.

The group was based primarily on religious themes, such as womens' obedience to men, polygamy, harsh punishments, the righteousness of the leader and the sinfulness of the followers, and living miracles. Thériault was called "father (papy)" and re-christened all members with biblical names. He also claimed to be a reincarnation of the prophet Moses, and demanded the respect appropriate for such a figure. He allegedly tried to resurrect a woman he had killed by sawing the top off her corpse's skull and masturbating into the cavity

<<<snip>>>
    Last edited by KateB; 06-13-2015 at 01:33 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

Quote Originally Posted by UdbCrzy2 View Post
    I'm sure his death wasn't as brutal as what he has done to others. Good riddance.
    Roch Thériault - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

<<<snip>>>

During his reign, Thériault mutilated several members. He once used a meat cleaver to chop off the hand and part of the arm of Gabrielle Lavallée, one of his concubines, also removing eight of her teeth. He was accused of castrating a 2-year-old boy, as well as at least one adult male, and of murdering his legal spouse, Solange Boilard, by disembowelment, purportedly while trying to perform surgery on her, in 1988.

The group was based primarily on religious themes, such as womens' obedience to men, polygamy, harsh punishments, the righteousness of the leader and the sinfulness of the followers, and living miracles. Thériault was called "father (papy)" and re-christened all members with biblical names. He also claimed to be a reincarnation of the prophet Moses, and demanded the respect appropriate for such a figure. He allegedly tried to resurrect a woman he had killed by sawing the top off her corpse's skull and masturbating into the cavity

<<<snip>>>
    Sounds to me like this guy is just where he belongs - dead.

OMG, what a brutal man. There is no place they even have made anywhere for someone so evil. Thank God he has been taken off this earth.

I got the creeps just reading a bit about him.

Goz

I think I saw the movie about this creep. Good riddance!

OneLostGrl is offline I'm going against the grain- I'm going sane
    He wore the rib of the wife he murdered around his neck. He dug her up and removed her rib and made a necklace out of it. Sick sick man

Quote Originally Posted by OneLostGrl View Post
    He wore the rib of the wife he murdered around his neck. He dug her up and removed her rib and made a necklace out of it. Sick sick man
    I just can't imagine what makes someone this crazy?? I know he drank much but this guy was pure evil. I can't believe this and what else I have been reading about him and what he did to his own followers.

Good riddance..

Blue_Dolphin308 is offline We can't help everyone, But everyone can help someone!
    Seen the movie that in itself scared me, would hate to know what else we don't know.
    Be Kind to yourself, you are worth it!