Canada - Cult leader Roch Theriault killed in jail

ok, for some reason, I don't know who this is (& I'm Canadian!)

I need to do some serious reading but the first thing that has already annoyed the carp out of me is that he was allowed conjugal visits! WTH?!

Wow, I just watched the movie about this guy the other night. Can't say that I'm sad to hear he died but I'm not happy this stuff is allowed to happen in prison.

I'm sure his death wasn't as brutal as what he has done to others. Good riddance.
Roch Thériault - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

<<<snip>>>

During his reign, Thériault mutilated several members. He once used a meat cleaver to chop off the hand and part of the arm of Gabrielle Lavallée, one of his concubines, also removing eight of her teeth. He was accused of castrating a 2-year-old boy, as well as at least one adult male, and of murdering his legal spouse, Solange Boilard, by disembowelment, purportedly while trying to perform surgery on her, in 1988.

The group was based primarily on religious themes, such as womens' obedience to men, polygamy, harsh punishments, the righteousness of the leader and the sinfulness of the followers, and living miracles. Thériault was called "father (papy)" and re-christened all members with biblical names. He also claimed to be a reincarnation of the prophet Moses, and demanded the respect appropriate for such a figure. He allegedly tried to resurrect a woman he had killed by sawing the top off her corpse's skull and masturbating into the cavity

<<<snip>>>

I'm sure his death wasn't as brutal as what he has done to others. Good riddance.
Roch Thériault - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

<<<snip>>>

During his reign, Thériault mutilated several members. He once used a meat cleaver to chop off the hand and part of the arm of Gabrielle Lavallée, one of his concubines, also removing eight of her teeth. He was accused of castrating a 2-year-old boy, as well as at least one adult male, and of murdering his legal spouse, Solange Boilard, by disembowelment, purportedly while trying to perform surgery on her, in 1988.

The group was based primarily on religious themes, such as womens' obedience to men, polygamy, harsh punishments, the righteousness of the leader and the sinfulness of the followers, and living miracles. Thériault was called "father (papy)" and re-christened all members with biblical names. He also claimed to be a reincarnation of the prophet Moses, and demanded the respect appropriate for such a figure. He allegedly tried to resurrect a woman he had killed by sawing the top off her corpse's skull and masturbating into the cavity

<<<snip>>>

Sounds to me like this guy is just where he belongs - dead.

OMG, what a brutal man. There is no place they even have made anywhere for someone so evil. Thank God he has been taken off this earth.

I got the creeps just reading a bit about him.

Goz

He wore the rib of the wife he murdered around his neck. He dug her up and removed her rib and made a necklace out of it. Sick sick man

He wore the rib of the wife he murdered around his neck. He dug her up and removed her rib and made a necklace out of it. Sick sick man

I just can't imagine what makes someone this crazy?? I know he drank much but this guy was pure evil. I can't believe this and what else I have been reading about him and what he did to his own followers.

Good riddance..

Seen the movie that in itself scared me, would hate to know what else we don't know.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back