1073 users online (268 members and 805 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Angry IN - Brian & Martina Shiver arrested after LE finds little kids taped to chairs

EVANSVILLE - Evansville Detectives are calling it the most disturbing case of child abuse they've ever seen.

Brian and Martina Shiver are in the Vanderbugh County Detention Center on 50-thousand dollar bond after an officer says he found their children bound to chairs by boxing tape. And now one of the detectives on the case talks to NEWS 25 about the discover.

Detective Todd Seibert/Evansville Police Department: "Dumb-founded. Surreal seeing you know that someone could actually do that to their children."

Detective Todd Seibert says he stood listening outside an Evansville apartment for an hour... hearing Brian and Martina Shiver cussing and threatening to hit their children. When officers went in...a horrific discovery...the 2 and 4 year olds bound to chairs by boxing tape.

more here

http://www.news25.us/Global/story.asp?S=14160810

Oh - and according to article this "dad" has a Facebook page & he's a fan of "Stop Abuse on Children..."

I'm so glad LE was able to rescue them...I couldn't help but think of the little DeBlase children, Natalie & Chase.
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

First Court Appearance Set for Parents Accused of Using Duct Tape on Kids

SNIP.......................................

Police say the two tied their children to chairs and left them there for ten hours to punish them.
    The children are two and four years old.
    Police say the children had duct tape over their mouths and had soiled diapers on when officers arrived......

http://tristatehomepage.com/fulltext?nxd_id=250446
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Parents Duct Tape Children To Furniture

Two Evansville, Indiana parents are in the Vanderburgh County Jail after Evansville Police say they bound their children to chairs using industrial boxing tape.

Police say 25-year-old Martina Shiver and 26-year-old Brian Shiver admitted they beat and neglected their children on a daily basis.

Police say the father, Brian, tried to cover up the crime by grabbing kitchen scissors and attempting to cut his children free before police noticed.

"I've been a police officer for 15 years, and this is by far one of the most sickening things I've ever seen or come upon," said Detective Todd Seibert.

Seibert was working off-duty at Woodland Park apartments when he heard a man yelling at a child.

http://arklatexhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=162376

I was wondering how this officer stood outside the apartment for an hour before entering, according to the article above he was working off duty when he heard it going on.... Why did it take police 1 hour to get there ?

Thank god he was paying attention, these poor babies....
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

I also wonder why child abuse is not one of the charges here ?
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Ugh! I wonder when they will start in with saying that the children were uncontrollable, they harmed themselves and each other, there was no way to control them, they asked for help and didn't get it...all the usual excuses.

From TM's link:
    Police say both suspects admitted to investigators the kids had been wrapped tightly in tape from their shoulders down to their waste[sic]...keeping them from moving for 10 hours Friday...and around 5 hours the day before. Both children only wearing diapers that hadn't been changed with red markings covering their small bodies.

Detective Todd Seibert/Evansville Police Department: "He admitted that he spanked the children almost daily with a belt or with his hands. It's just unimaginable what they must have felt."

No excuses, no safety plans, no reunification. Please not this time. Don't send them back to those two...for once just lock up the parents and keep them there until these two have new families and new names. And the "parents" are too old to breed again.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

http://www.courierpress.com/news/201...aped-children/

Already, there is conflicting info. This one says that the officer was "waiting in the hallway" to investigate charges of child abuse. Nothing about him being off duty. Also says that child abuse is one of the pending charges.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by not_my_kids View Post
    http://www.courierpress.com/news/201...aped-children/

Already, there is conflicting info. This one says that the officer was "waiting in the hallway" to investigate charges of child abuse. Nothing about him being off duty. Also says that child abuse is one of the pending charges.
    the article says he was "working security at Woodland Park Apartments" & "preparing to investigate an allegation by tenants at Woodland Park, of possible child abuse in an apartment there" so I'm guessing he may have lived at the apartment complex...I've known several LEOs that got free or drastically reduced rent if they did security work 'off duty' in exchange for rent payment.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

West Palm Beach (Palm Beach County) Florida
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.p...00001395735279 His facebook

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.p...00000558335395 hers

Cute children, I hope they are given the oppurtunity to have loving parents and not remember those awful events in their life.

Quote Originally Posted by MorenoI View Post
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.p...00001395735279 His facebook

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.p...00000558335395 hers

Cute children, I hope they are given the oppurtunity to have loving parents and not remember those awful events in their life.
    His favorite quote speaks volumes:
    so the lion fell in love with the lamb, what a stupid lamb, what a sick masocistic lion.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

I noticed on his FB page that he states he is Wiccan. While I am not Wiccan, this person gives Wiccans a bad name. NO TRUE Wiccan would EVER do that to their children.

May both bio parents be punished to the fullest extent of the law, and may those dear children get all the love and peace and joy they deserve with their new family. (I hope they can stay together)
    This is all my opinion, which is subject to change with more information, if the wind changes direction, or if I wake up in a different mood...

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Mist View Post
    His favorite quote speaks volumes:
    so the lion fell in love with the lamb, what a stupid lamb, what a sick masocistic lion.

it's from Twilight.

Edward: "And so the lion fell in love with the lamb."
    Bella: "What a stupid lamb."
    Edward: "What a sick, masochistic lion."

Yeah.

West Palm Beach (Palm Beach County) Florida
    Jail looms for couple that duct-taped their children

http://www.standard.net/topics/child...their-children

snip:
    Because the sentences for all seven charges will run concurrently, if the judge accepts the agreement next month, the most Brian Shiver would serve is six years. However, that is just two years less than the maximum eight-year sentence suggested by the state.

Martina Shiver was charged identically to her husband. However, she only agreed to plead guilty to two charges of criminal confinement, also C felonies. She did not change her plea on the remaining charges. Because there was no written plea agreement, it will be left for a judge to decide her sentence length

Snip