Public seating available for trial there will be a "ticketing" process!

LiveLaughLuv

Reaction score
<<<<<snipped article for purpose of thread>>>>
Also Friday, court officials revealed several details about the trial at a hearing for the media.

Court officials said that while there will be public seating available at the trial, there will be a ticketing process. Details on the ticketing process were not released.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41781560

from link above...
Officials also said that if Anthony is found guilty, Perry does not intend to take a long break before a penalty phase, if there is a break at all.

So, there will be a ticket process for available seating for ICA's trial...His Honor will also sentence the prisoner (when found guilty), immediately following a guilty verdict...JMHO

His honor doesn't play, he will get this done, ASAP! Sweet justice for Caylee..

Justice for Caylee

Mods/staff, if thread inappropriate please do what is necessary with this thread...I put this out here for the members here who plan on attending this trial, to get their names in, once more information becomes available...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

My oldest brother lives in Seminole, Florida. I had told him a couple of years ago I
was coming down for the trial. I see now how silly that was of me, LOL!

It might still be possible, LALaw...you've got to get your name in but details aren't given as yet...I hope our members who have been attending the pretrial hearings get to go...Amil, LittleMissMe are two who are in attendance that I can readily name...I hope details are available soon...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

I wonder how much it costs to attend the trial of the mother of the year? Seriously, watch out for scalpers. Do not pay a whole bunch of money for this. I'm half surprised it wasn't made into a lottery or something.

Is this normal? I have never heard of ticketing for trial seats before. This is all Casey needs. "Ooh, people are going to pay to see me live everyday in court!"

They did this for the Scott Peterson trial too, as there were only 27 seats allotted to the public. I remember there was some sort of lottery system used. Does anyone else remember?

Admittance to the court room will be worth gold - especially on judgement day (IMHO).

MOO

Mel

Trial regulars showed up by the hundreds to participate in the daily lottery for the coveted 27 public seats inside the courtroom.

I wonder how much it costs to attend the trial of the mother of the year? Seriously, watch out for scalpers. Do not pay a whole bunch of money for this. I'm half surprised it wasn't made into a lottery or something.

Is this normal? I have never heard of ticketing for trial seats before. This is all Casey needs. "Ooh, people are going to pay to see me live everyday in court!"

and I say "Ooh people are going to pay to see justice for Caylee everydayin court!"

:)

It shouldn't cost the public a penny -- unless there's a new law in Florida that allowed the court system to charge an attendance fee. You just don't do that in California.

My guess is they (the court) will hand out a certain number of tickets each day, like they did in the Peterson case. I'm not sure how many seats will be available to the public in the ICA case though.

MOO

Mel

No one should ever have to pay to attend an trial. They are open to the public.

Every high profile trial that I can recall (where officials were concerned about a large # of spectators and having adequte seating), it has been done by a lottery-type system. IIRC, on a daily basis. IOW, you would arrive at the courthouse on the day you wanted to attend and be given a ticket with a number. Shortly before court, they would draw a set amount of #'s. Those with matching ticket #s would get the seats.

Some days will be more popular than others. I imagine opening statements, the day CA and/or GA would expect to testify, etc... As the trial goes on, I imagine there will be days when they won't even have to have a lottery. There may be adequate seating for all who want to attend on certain days.

and I say "Ooh people are going to pay to see justice for Caylee everydayin court!"

:)

Touche! And a very good point. I'm looking at it like that from now on!

It shouldn't cost the public a penny -- unless there's a new law in Florida that allowed the court system to charge an attendance fee. You just don't do that in California.

My guess is they (the court) will hand out a certain number of tickets each day, like they did in the Peterson case. I'm not sure how many seats will be available to the public in the ICA case though.

MOO

Mel

Ah, okay then. I saw the word ticketing, and immediately thought there was a charge associated with it. Good, I feel better that people don't have to pay a dime, just get a ticket to be in on that trial.

And yes, it would be priceless to be there on judgment day...I do have a new nephew in Florida, though, maybe I'll arrange a visit around that time, LOL.

Tickets are free but Cindy will probably be in disguise :cowboy: out in front of the courthouse trying to sell hers. :deal:

moo lol

Touche! And a very good point. I'm looking at it like that from now on!

Ah, okay then. I saw the word ticketing, and immediately thought there was a charge associated with it. Good, I feel better that people don't have to pay a dime, just get a ticket to be in on that trial.

And yes, it would be priceless to be there on judgment day...I do have a new nephew in Florida, though, maybe I'll arrange a visit around that time, LOL.

Sorry to confuse you Aerdrys...it's how it's worded in the article, Beach and MGarnder explained it well...It would be like a lottery of sorts, which means whoever gets there first would have a better chance on entering the courtroom.

I can just see folks camping out to get a seat...during the pretrial hearings there is plenty of room in the courtroom but once this trial gets underway, I can see them tripping over each other just to get that ticket...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Okay first we have the Sentinel referring to the media area as "Casey Town" and now we have tickets? They honestly can't think of putting this a different way? And everyone wonders why it's referred to as a circus? I think I'll rent a hot dog cart and hang out in front of the courthouse:loser:

Do the A's and their friends automatically get in?
Thinking Jim L.
:waitasec:

I live really close to Orlando and if everything works out (keeping my fingers crossed) with my work schedule, I plan on at least trying (very hard) to attend some of the trial. Thanks for posting this info. I'm local and didn't know this. I really appreciate it!!

What happens if your ticket has you sitting on the wrong side of the courtroom?
I wonder if they've considered that even if the court has 100 seats for the public, those 100 people will be fighting for the 50 available seats behind JA and LDB.
I say cram all the media into the defense side of the courtroom and let Caylees team be surrounded by people who aren't there to make a buck for themselves or their employers.

I don't think there is a price for tickets is there? I thought they were talking about a numbered seat draw.....

What happens if your ticket has you sitting on the wrong side of the courtroom?
I wonder if they've considered that even if the court has 100 seats for the public, those 100 people will be fighting for the 50 available seats behind JA and LDB.
I say cram all the media into the defense side of the courtroom and let Caylees team be surrounded by people who aren't there to make a buck for themselves or their employers.

It won't be assigned seating. Depends on how far back in line you are on whether you get to sit on prosecution side. I would imagine if they call your number early the better chance you have of getting to sit where you want.

It won't be assigned seating. Depends on how far back in line you are on whether you get to sit on prosecution side. I would imagine if they call your number early the better chance you have of getting to sit where you want.
Beach do you know if people would be alowed to wear Caylee buttons? They let CA wear her Caylee wear in court but I'm imagining a trial might be different. I hope a gallery filled with pretty mauve and purple shirts would be okay. Something that says to the cameras 'Yeah it's the only seat that was available so I'm sitting here behind the accused but my heart is sitting over there'

Do the A's and their friends automatically get in?
Thinking Jim L.
:waitasec:
I think the A's individually, won't be allowed to sit in the courtroom until after they've each testified and been advised that they are free to leave ie: won't be getting back to the stand for rebuttal but I dont know for sure. Friends??
Jim L will probably get a press pass I'd think and I bet a certain number of seats will be available for the defendant's family and other supporters. Those will be the empty seats IMO.

What happens at lunchtime for ICA during trial? Does she go to a cell and eat her grits there or can she go for lunch with her DT?

I think the A's individually, won't be allowed to sit in the courtroom until after they've each testified and been advised that they are free to leave ie: won't be getting back to the stand for rebuttal but I dont know for sure. Friends??
Jim L will probably get a press pass I'd think and I bet a certain number of seats will be available for the defendant's family and other supporters. Those will be the empty seats IMO.

What happens at lunchtime for ICA during trial? Does she go to a cell and eat her grits there or can she go for lunch with her DT?

I hope he doesn't get a press pass.:maddening:imo
I believe ica gets to go to a cell and eat her bella bagged lunch.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back