Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819

Thread: VA- Bethany Anne Decker, 21, Ashburn, 29 Jan 2011

I didnt read the entire thread, but Ill ask my catch-up questions.

Were there any babies placed for adoption around the time of her due date that would be tested for dna by members of her family?

I honestly don't think shes alive. Sounds like she made a mistake that got her killed.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to anbeaudre For This Useful Post:

Bumping for Bethany. Where are you??
    The Skelton boys brought me to Websleuths
    I'm not leaving until they are found!

- My pet cases -

Andrew, Alexander and Tanner Skelton - Aliayah Lunsford - Jhessye Shockley - Travis Alexander - Jonathan Foster - Sky Metalwala - Alivia Kail - Bethany Decker - Sherry Leighty - Caylee Anthony - Jennifer Daugherty

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to coeurfragile For This Useful Post:

Loudoun County woman still missing since 2011

http://washingtonexaminer.com/loudou...rticle/2530646
    No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

We are all one poor choice from being a subject on this forum. Think twice.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikkismom For This Useful Post:

Hmmm..... I've followed this case all along, and I didn't remember that the husband was still state-side when she was last seen.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to marycarney For This Useful Post:

Still searching

Started in 1994, The Community United Effort focuses on finding missing persons, advocating their causes and supporting their families. Since its inception, the nonprofit has helped more 9,000 families nationwide.

[snip]

Bethany Decker disappeared in February 2011. She was 21 years old at the time and five months pregnant with her second child. Bethany was attending George Mason University full time and working at a local Italian restaurant while her husband was stationed in Afghanistan. Her young son was being cared for by her parents while she was in school. At the time of Bethany’s disappearance, she also had a local boyfriend who may have been the last person to see Bethany. Upon not being able to reach Bethany by phone, her grandparents went to her apartment to check on her. Bethany’s car was there but no sign of Bethany. There has been no trace of Bethany or her unborn child and no arrests have been made in her disappearance. Her case has gone cold.

More: http://www.chesterfieldobserver.com/...searching.html
    FOR THE MISSING: PACIFIC NORTHWEST - Highlighting missing persons in the Pacific Northwest - www.facebook.com/missingnorthwest / www.twitter.com/MissingNW
    STILL DOING IT FOR DYLAN GROENE. REST IN PEACE.

HELP FIND MISSING 7-YEAR-OLD PATRICK ALFORD.

FOOTY/SOCCER FAN? Join us here.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

I so wish Bethany would be found. Is CUE actively working on her case, do you know? I read the article but it didn't say anything about them doing any searches or having done any recently.

- My pet cases -

Andrew, Alexander and Tanner Skelton - Aliayah Lunsford - Jhessye Shockley - Travis Alexander - Jonathan Foster - Sky Metalwala - Alivia Kail - Bethany Decker - Sherry Leighty - Caylee Anthony - Jennifer Daugherty

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to coeurfragile For This Useful Post:

Call to action: Friends, family of Central Virginia victims come together after Jamisha Gilbert’s death
    Courteney Stuart
    12/11/13 at 12:40 PM

Snipped and BBM:

Preceding a moment of silence, Shavers read off the names of nine victims, all of whom have disappeared in the past four years along a path that roughly follows Route 29 from Northern Virginia south to the Roanoke area: Morgan Harrington, Alexis Murphy, Cassandra Morton, Samantha Clarke, Jamisha Gilbert, Dashad “Sage” Smith, Heather Hodges, Bethany Decker and Cara Marie Holley.
    http://www.c-ville.com/call-to-actio...another-death/
    Here a , there a , everywhere a

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to neverletgo For This Useful Post:

3rd anniversary of Va. woman's disappearance

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/loca...years/4940505/

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sunrisenow For This Useful Post:

Mom requests RR to take polygraph

No new info, but mother is asking bf to take polygraph:

Mother of missing Bethany Decker to boyfriend: Take the polygraph test

http://wtop.com/159/3551016/Mom-to-b...e-lie-detector

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Boo2007 For This Useful Post:

Cannot believe it's been 3 years tomorrow and she's still missing -- all accounts inactive. Wow.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to astridxx For This Useful Post:

I will never stop wondering what happened to Bethany and her unborn child. Praying that they are found someday and someone can be brought to justice.

- My pet cases -

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to coeurfragile For This Useful Post:

This is so tragic! Was her car ever located??
    Six-year-old Shannon Sherrill disappeared from her front yard in Thorntown, Indiana in October, 1986. Someone knows where she is......

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...annon+sherrill

Quote Originally Posted by meanmaryjean View Post
    This is so tragic! Was her car ever located??
    I agree, meanmaryjean . . . tragic.

To answer your question, I think everything I've personally read in the past has always stated that her car was left at/near her apartment complex. Examples snipped and BBM:

Decker's car was left behind in the parking lot of her apartment complex on Orchard Grass Terrace. Authorities tell us that a records search indicates that she did not leave the country, but there has been no activity on her bank accounts, cell phones or e-mail.
    http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/loca...years/4940505/

Authorities say they found Bethany 's car parked near her apartment on Orchard Grass Terrace and there were no signs to indicate where she was. There was no sign she packed a bag or planned to leave her apartment, though her lease was due to expire at the end of January, according to the Sheriff's office. Investigators say that since Jan. 29 her cell phone, bank account, Facebook account, and credit cards have not been used.
    http://www.examiner.com/article/beth...tudent-missing

I sincerely hope her family and loved ones get answers someday.
    Here a , there a , everywhere a

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to neverletgo For This Useful Post:

This is all speculation on my part, of course, but -- I think Bethany knew she was in danger and may have formed a plan to get to a safe place. I definitely think she was in fear for her life, and might have taken desperate measures to flee. There are a couple ways she may have done this. For example, she may have contacted an organization that helps abused women go "underground" to get away from their abusers. I think it's possible she gave this plan careful thought well in advance, and timed it to ensure she could get out. As I said this is just speculation on my part. If local law enforcement has discovered any evidence or leads in this case, they have kept it close to the vest. If her boyfriend was involved, it seems they haven't found anything concrete to link him to Bethany's disappearance.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to ThePhantom For This Useful Post:

Re:the car. I guess I have my cases confused. I'd have sworn her car was missing.

It takes a special kind of evil to disappear a pregnant woman....
    Six-year-old Shannon Sherrill disappeared from her front yard in Thorntown, Indiana in October, 1986. Someone knows where she is......

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meanmaryjean For This Useful Post:

I don't know if this possibility has been mentioned before, but maybe it was ED who wanted the child to stay with the grandparents. Considering that he more than likely knew that Bethany was living with this other man, maybe he didn't want his child in that situation. It's also been mentioned how close her family is with him, so it kind of makes sense. MOO.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to adorei For This Useful Post:

Three years later, Loudoun investigators continue search for missing woman

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...267_story.html

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sunrisenow For This Useful Post:

Wait what? The boyfriend RR hasn't taken a polygraph? I thought he had taken one and passed? Going back to see now. May have been the husband who took one.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Find Brian Shaffer!!
    www.findbrianshaffer.com

Janet Christiansen, Kaiden, and Family, justice WILL prevail!

JUSTICE FOR AMBER!

~*Cancel my subscription, I'm THROUGH with your issues*~

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Angels_Not_Forgotten For This Useful Post:

walkingdeadgirl is offline "Asperger's Syndrome - It worked for Einstein."
    Quote Originally Posted by Angels_Not_Forgotten View Post
    Wait what? The boyfriend RR hasn't taken a polygraph? I thought he had taken one and passed? Going back to see now. May have been the husband who took one.

I believe her husband took one and passed. Her boyfriend, and father of her second child-to-be, had not taken one. She was reportedly afraid of the bf. If he still hasn't taken one, I would ask him the reason he has refused...it just makes him seem guilty as hell to me.
    "The place where you made your stand never mattered. Only that you were there...and still on your feet." ~ Stephen King

Where is Brandy Hall?
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42348

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to walkingdeadgirl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by walkingdeadgirl View Post
    I believe her husband took one and passed. Her boyfriend, and father of her second child-to-be, had not taken one. She was reportedly afraid of the bf. If he still hasn't taken one, I would ask him the reason he has refused...it just makes him seem guilty as hell to me.
    Thank you! That explains it. I guess I just don't understand the laws and rules surrounding polygraphs. He was the last one that saw her, gave conflicting stories as to when it was, and was controlling. At what point can LE force a polygraph? Or are those only if the person agrees?

Find Brian Shaffer!!
    www.findbrianshaffer.com

Janet Christiansen, Kaiden, and Family, justice WILL prevail!

JUSTICE FOR AMBER!

~*Cancel my subscription, I'm THROUGH with your issues*~

Quote Originally Posted by Angels_Not_Forgotten View Post
    Thank you! That explains it. I guess I just don't understand the laws and rules surrounding polygraphs. He was the last one that saw her, gave conflicting stories as to when it was, and was controlling. At what point can LE force a polygraph? Or are those only if the person agrees?

Polygraphs are voluntary AND the results are not admissible in court as evidence.

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meanmaryjean For This Useful Post:

walkingdeadgirl is offline "Asperger's Syndrome - It worked for Einstein."
    Quote Originally Posted by meanmaryjean View Post
    Polygraphs are voluntary AND the results are not admissible in court as evidence.
    this. they can't make him take one. he also isn't cooperating at all, meaning he isn't answering any more questions, either. you would think he would be concerned about the welfare of his unborn (well, now born) child.

they can charge him with her murder, even without her body, based on circumstantial evidence, but I think testimony from her husband would hurt their case, and LE wouldn't want to risk losing the chance to prosecute him.

Just from my understanding of his extreme obsessive behaviour, I think he killed her.

I hope they find her soon, so her family can have peace, and I hope..."the person" responsible for killing her and her baby rots. jmo.
    "The place where you made your stand never mattered. Only that you were there...and still on your feet." ~ Stephen King

Where is Brandy Hall?
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42348

42. The Following User Says Thank You to walkingdeadgirl For This Useful Post:

Tuesday, May 27, 2014:

1:00 PM
    60 MIN.

Disappeared (Season 5)
    The Soldier's Wife
    TV-PG CC

21-year-old Bethany Decker is a hard-working student, waitress, mother, and wife of a National Guardsman serving in Afghanistan. When she vanishes while pregnant with her second child, police discover her life was more complicated than anyone realized.

http://www.investigationdiscovery.co...v-schedule.htm

44. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JerseyGirl For This Useful Post:

Saw the episode before and I still think the BF had something to do with her disappearance. I just wondered what happened to her unborn child =/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

46. The Following User Says Thank You to annoulzz For This Useful Post:

Just saw the episode on "Disappeared". So tragic. I have spent the last 2.5 hours catching up and between the episode and the thread, the bf looked good for me. But, then I read a very small comment on the FB page that suggested the show only portrayed one side and that the marriage had a very "dark side" to it. Up until I read that I had pretty much cleared the husband in my head. He seemed very sincere, IMO. Perhaps I missed something about this marriage in the thread? Could someone who has been following this case perhaps shed a light on this dark side for me, if there was one?

Side note....I do not understand why this has not received the attention it should have. I understand and agree with some of the comments in regards to the Lacey Peterson case and all the attention that received. Here you have a bright, young, married, middle class pregnant college student mom involved in a love triangle with 2 possible POI's and the case is barely alive. I too was taken back by the composure of the family in the PC, especially the mom. The grandmother seemed more distraught ( slightly) than the mother. So weird.

So, my fellow WSers. Thoughts, fill ins on the state of this marriage regarding a dark side would be greatly appreciated.

Really hoping Bethany is alive and just lying low somewhere.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819