2011.03.02 Motions Hearing - #2 (PM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BondJamesBond

Blunt Instrument
Reaction score
Continued from #1 (AM) hearing thread [ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129940"]here[/ame].

Continuing here for Hearing in the afternoon that will resume after break for lunch.

reposting my question here, will it matter was the officers TOLD Casey when they removed the handcuffs, I am sure she lied about it, but I think they will be believed, will this matter at all do you think?
~~~~~~~
I wonder if the officers will say what they told her when they removed the cuffs, like explain that she was not being arrested, it was a mistake or something, do you think the officers testifying will say what they told Casey when the cuffs were removed, that you are not being arrested? will that matter?

I can't believe that this one motion is taking so long to present and support!

If each motion goes like this, we are going to be here all week!

I think this one and one other motion are the long ones. I think most of the others will be short and sweet.

I have to say I can't blame the officer for cuffing KC. He had CA in one ear ranting and saying that she wanted KC arrested for theft. Then in the next breath investigators understand what is really going on and have the officer remove the cuffs.

CA was the cause of all of the officer's confusions.

someone correct me if I am wrong, but as I understand defense wants all statements made by ICA until the night of the 16th thrown out due to arrest without rights being read?

and she was in cuffs, for a few minutes, by a noob, not formally arrested, never read her rights because she was not arrested, was let out of cuffs to carry on at home that night and the next day...so where is this going?

I am lost. What motions are being argued today?

Responding to LittleBitty from the first thread. Said: this does not make Casey look/seem like an innocent little girl. :wave: (glad you are here and posting! )

YES! Thank you. That is what I have had stuck to express, this morning. If I was just listening to the defense, I get this idea we have a little girl on trial! It is so wrong(not in a moral way, well that too)but wrong in the way of wanting to win this trial to do what they are doing! I now am waiting to see this jury! I want to see their faces from the first minute Jose starts this stuff.

They are going to listen to one minute of him, look over at Casey and say, What!? When Jose was speaking to George he was playing the "that was your little girl" card.

Caylee! They really cannot and do not see Caylee. That is the little girl in this story. See Jose has been drinking the Casey cool aide because every single thing they do and say it is as if Caylee never existed!

It's not just that she was kidnapped. She never existed! If I was the SA I would start out with Caylee's birth certificate and her age.

Jose has Casey confused with Caylee just like her family did.

Thank you to all the people who are posting.

:twocents:

Request everyone keep chatter unrelated to the hearing to a minimum as much as reasonably possible.

Full house here: 437 (187 members & 250 guests) Buncha classy people all in one place on their best behavior today ( <= expectation setting almost cleverly disguised as a gratuitous compliment :D...where else ya' gonna get that, eh? )

Been doing a bit of reading up on arrests. IF she was arrested, she would have had to have been read her Miranda rights. BUT, the big difference is there would have been an arrest record. There is no arrest record for that date. So no arrest, and no need to read her the Miranda rights. Looking at it, the PROS is going to have a hard time to get around that.

MOO

Mel

This will wind up being the longest lunch break ever! When I think about all of the times at work I wished for my lunch break to go slowly and now I want to ramp this hour and 11 minutes left up to ludicrous speed. Lol...
The A's are not helping themselves nor their daughter. ICA appears to have zero nice feelings for either of them.
The smartest thing the Defense has done is give ICA a pen and tell her to write down everything. They cannot control her expressions nor gestures or momentarily freak outs at the defense table but if she is furiously scribbling all of the time and watching witnesses it minimizes some of the bad impact that her expressions and mannerisms have. But only a bit. Imagine her reactions when her friends, Tony and other family gets up their to help prove the State's case? The more she scribbles like she is the recording secretary of the glee club the better for the Defense.

Something tells me that contempt is coming JB's way.

Something also tells me that all of the lies KC told LE will come in. And the Defense will be stuck with "LE refused to put out a BOLO on Zanny and her accomplices Big Bird and Snoopy."

Just to do a quick recap of what happened in the AM part of the hearing....

I think LDB did an excellent job with bringing forward the Anthony's inconsistencies.

The most blaring one, and I know Cindy was lying from the beginning, is when she stated, on the stand, that she was present when John Allen told both her and George that Casey might not be coming home. On the other hand, George testified that it was Yuri Melich who called him, while he was driving, and told him that Casey would not be coming home. LDB challenged George about whether YM told him she "might" not be coming home. George was pretty adament that YM told him that Casey would not be coming home until LDB showed him his depositions answer in response to this. He says that John Allen never told him anything about Casey not coming home... so Cindy was lying.

One thing about George's testimony that had my mouth dropped to the floor was when he said that the officer who handcuffed Casey told him that Casey was being arrested for child neglect??? I really can't wait to see what the officer says about this?

Well, to be nice, George and Cindy did an awful lot of lying and it was very clear and I wish they would focus more on Judge Perry so I could see his reaction when he hears these blatant lies... I just want to see if he is noticing.

There is no doubt that the Anthony's have still not learned to behave in a courtroom. They have no respect for the legal process and they will do as they please. Answer as they please.

I really can't wait for the rest of this young officers testimony. He looks scared to death. I want to know why Casey was handcuffed? Was Cindy screaming at him to arrest Casey? What was going on? The supervising officer told him to take them off... I don't know? I'm a little worried?

Been doing a bit of reading up on arrests. IF she was arrested, she would have had to have been read her Miranda rights. BUT, the big difference is there would have been an arrest record. There is no arrest record for that date. So no arrest, and no need to read her the Miranda rights. Looking at it, the PROS is going to have a hard time to get around that.

MOO

Mel

I think that's why GA was saying "If you can believe the officer making the record" or something to that effect, implying that just because there isn't an arrest record doesn't mean there wasn't an arrest.

I so hope this entire hearing will be uploaded somewhere because I missed all but the last 5 minutes before lunch break. I'm so behind and don't know what is going on.

I have usually seen a person cuffed but not arrested and then the officer makes a statement like, "I want you to know you are not under arrest, but I handcuffed you for your own protection." Not sure if this distinction is a requirement or rather a courtesy.

Regarding Georges tesimony about KC's handcuffing...He said handcuffs always indicate arresting..Right?..As a former LE I wonder why he has forgotten that miranda warnings are given only upon questioning by detectives?? post arrest..Did George NEVER in his decade long career ever witness anyone other than arrestee's with cuffs on?....Maybe he should catchup on how it is routinely done by watching reality shows such as The First 48..hummm...Selective memory indeed:banghead:

I got some screencaps, but not the ones I wanted. I am trying to work and watch,lol.
I made fresh coffee,some sausage balls and some blueberry bread. I am gonna go run and make beds. Hubs is on for dinner tonight.

I suspect the officer cuffed KC because of CA's 911 about theft. I think what happened is that LE realised there was a far more serious problem, so the officer was told to un-cuff KC.

We shall see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member