788 users online (99 members and 689 guests)  

Websleuths News

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr

Germany - Two U.S. airmen killed, 2 injured in Frankfurt shooting, 2 March 2011

2 killed in Germany airport shooting, police say

Two people were shot and killed Wednesday in an incident involving a U.S. military bus at Frankfurt Airport in Germany, a police spokesman said.
    Another person is severely wounded, Juergen Linker told CNN, and one person is in custody.

A U.S. military official said initial reports were that two people had been killed, including the driver of the bus.

It's believed the German police have a young Kosovo national in custody, the U.S. official said.

More at http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/europe...pt=T1&iref=BN1
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    this is HORRIBLE!!! We were stationed in Germany 6 years altogether and often were on military buses to and from frankfurt! This is absolutely horrible!!!!! my prayers are with these service members and their families!!!

This is strange, I lived in Frankfurt, and Military spouse, I do know that Frankfurt International Airport has one of the toughest security and high tech in the world! My husband worked close with Frankfurt Security higher officials.

I also know terminal 2 pretty well also. The only thing I can think of is this guy followed the bus, and pulled out a gun when the Military personal was exiting the building and just before loading on the bus. I'm baffled!

Rhein Main Air Base (closed now) use to use the same runways with Frankfurt Airport, The based shared the airport. The base was on the opposite side of the runway from the main terminal.

Military planes use to land and troops would get off, drive or take a bus to Ramstein Air Base then deploy from there. Rhein Main was the overflow for Ramstein's air traffic.

Since Rhein Main is now closed, I see the overflow is on the civilian side of Frankfurt Int.

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    Prayers for these service men's families...

2 U.S. airmen shot dead at airport in Germany
    2 others wounded after attack on Air Force bus; suspect from Kosovo detained

FRANKFURT, Germany A gunman fired at U.S. Air Force personnel on a bus outside Frankfurt airport Wednesday, killing two airmen and wounding two others before being taken into custody, authorities said.

More at http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41868361...d_news-europe/

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

So sad. Prayers to his family at this time.

Va. Family says Son, Zachary Ryan Cuddeback, Killed in German Attack

"Zac always had a smile on his face for everyone, but had no closer friend than his brother Tim. Zac will be remembered by his family and friends as an automobile enthusiast and for his love of the game of hockey.

"His mother, De Loyet, father, Bob Cuddeback, and brother and best friend, Tim Cuddeback, will miss him sorely."

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpps/new...30311_12153722

http://www.stripes.com/trial-set-in-...rport-1.151283

Stars and Stripes
    Published: August 5, 2011

Trial set in shooting of airmen at Frankfurt Airport

A 21-year-old Kosovo Albanian accused of killing two U.S. airmen outside Frankfurt Airport earlier this year will stand trial Aug. 31, according to the Frankfurt state court.

From February 2012:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-16984066

A young Kosovan man who admitted shooting dead two US airmen at Frankfurt airport last year has been sentenced to life in prison...

Uka was convicted on two counts of murder and three of attempted murder by the court in Frankfurt...

The court ruled that Uka bears "particularly severe guilt", meaning that it is unlikely that he will be considered for parole after 15 years, which is normal with German life sentences.