728 users online (117 members and 611 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

NC - Meth Lab Found At Day Care

Just found this while looking for information in the other meth lab case.

Kit Kat's Day Care is opened 24 hours. I bet it was. Katrina Epperson who ran the day care from her home was arrested as was a man who lived at the residence. Not only was she manufacturing meth she had a guy living in a place where children were cared for.

Interesting that this was found because police were looking into who the heck was buying large amounts of pseudoephedrine. I thought that was OTC, but you had to sign for it. Obviously they did and figured nobody would check.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...ning-meth.html

Thank heavens this was found before it resulted in yet another fatal meth lab fire.

Quote Originally Posted by WhyaDuck? View Post
    Thank heavens this was found before it resulted in yet another fatal meth lab fire.
    That's right, WAD.

Well this Katrina has three names. Epperson, Clark, and Roark. Abandoned in a trailer as an infant by her mother. I'm not excusing her meth lab. No way, but you'd figure she of all people would worry about the safety of children.
    http://www.myspace.com/trinaroark

Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post
    That's right, WAD.

Well this Katrina has three names. Epperson, Clark, and Roark. Abandoned in a trailer as an infant by her mother. I'm not excusing her meth lab. No way, but you'd figure she of all people would worry about the safety of children.
    http://www.myspace.com/trinaroark
    Unfortunately, it rarely seems to work that way.

I think meth labs in home daycare's is more common then you'd think, especially in the midwest. I know the one my brother left his kids at about 8ish years ago had one, because he told my parents they did. He said there was no where else that would take them or something, but I can't remember my sil ever working so idk why she couldn't watch them.

My brother is not the smartest pickle in the jar.
    Last edited by buffetoflies; 03-03-2011 at 11:20 AM. Reason: left out the meth lab part...

I think I might have the beginnings of Alzheimer's. Every time I see one of these cases, I think how horrible the parents must feel. And immediately after, I wonder how the parents didn't know. Don't get me wrong, I know that there are some people that are completely clueless about meth labs, but they STINK. Even if it's small or mobile, that chemical smell is hard to miss. Even if you don't see signs of a meth lab, how can a parent leave their kid in a place that stinks like chemicals?
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

West Palm Beach (Palm Beach County) Florida
    Thank god they found this place before any of the children were hurt or even worse. I also do not think that having a rough childhood excuses you from your mistakes as an adult. How many of us went through hell as kids and are good parents..(not perfect).

Hasson told WCNC that Burke County's Department of Social Services was caring for Apperson's four children, the oldest of whom is 10. He said investigators are working to determine if any day-care children were in the house while the alleged meth lab was in operation.

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...#ixzz1FaFrspsx

Those poor kids. The health problems associated with exposure to meth cooking are horrendous and can last a lifetime. Her four kids were likely exposed to it a good deal of the time, even if the "day care" kids weren't.
    Makes me wonder if it really was a day care or if they just put the sign up to try and dispel suspicions.

Another one for "You just can't make this c*it up".

Katrina Epperson received her license for her day care facility the very day they raided her place. No children had attended the day care as of yet. Well Amen for that. Sadly her own kids had to be exposed though.

This is in a New York paper and includes mugshots of Epperson and her beau who is still claiming he is innocent. Forgive me as we shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, BUT when you see people with faces that look like this ya have to stop and say a lil something to yourself. Perhaps "Dear Lord help them cause they are on drugs big time". This is the faces of meth.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...re_center.html

I'm so relieved to find out that the day care center had not opened yet. Whew! I only pray that her own children will not suffer long term effects from the toxins.

Their photos should be added to the Faces of Meth collection. Not being snarky. I actually pity these two. Well, Epperson, at least. Her MS depicts an intelligent young woman who was working very hard to succeed in life. A loving mom, an ambitious student, and a wife determined to to hold together her troubled marriage.

Apparently, the husband eventually left her, and I noticed she posted an album on October 27th which she entitled "new times". Seems that's when she and Webb got together. Neither of them have the meth faces in those photos, and that was only about five months ago. A status update from that same day says that she is separated, dating, and "adjusting well".

So what the heck happened? Comparing her mug shot to the October photos suggests that her meth use started about the time she met Webb. The contrast is startling. Like the other faces of meth, her expression is so sad and lifeless. How quickly that drug erodes a person's spirit. It's tragic.

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

When I was fifteen, my brother sat me down for a heart to heart. He told me that if I ever smoke pot, I'll be hurting myself, if I ever use cocaine or heroin or crack, I'll be hurting myself. But if I ever, ever touch meth, it's just a matter of time until I hurt someone else. Even in my rougher years, I'd never touch it. I'm recovering (for several years now) from an amphetamine addiction. People assume I mean meth. I don't. Think about that, I was addicted to the same class of drugs, and even I was terrified of meth.

For me, when it comes to the faces of meth, I look for that horribly pitted skin, which these two most definitely have. Otherwise, I look like a meth addict. You have no idea how painful that is to me to say. But the really bad chipped/broken teeth, the sunken in eyes, the pale skin, the gauntness to the face. I have it. But not the picked apart skin. That's the sticking point, every time.

Who would want to do that to themselves? I can understand the Why with most drugs, I've been there. But, this one destroys everything about you, even the maternal instinct. Even animals will move their babies when they small a change in the air. Meth fumes are among the most dangerous things to breathe, and over and over again, these people expose their kids to it. I can't understand that Why.
    Last edited by not_my_kids; 03-05-2011 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bessie View Post
    I'm so relieved to find out that the day care center had not opened yet. Whew! I only pray that her own children will not suffer long term effects from the toxins.

Their photos should be added to the Faces of Meth collection. Not being snarky. I actually pity these two. Well, Epperson, at least. Her MS depicts an intelligent young woman who was working very hard to succeed in life. A loving mom, an ambitious student, and a wife determined to to hold together her troubled marriage.

Apparently, the husband eventually left her, and I noticed she posted an album on October 27th which she entitled "new times". Seems that's when she and Webb got together. Neither of them have the meth faces in those photos, and that was only about five months ago. A status update from that same day says that she is separated, dating, and "adjusting well".

So what the heck happened? Comparing her mug shot to the October photos suggests that her meth use started about the time she met Webb. The contrast is startling. Like the other faces of meth, her expression is so sad and lifeless. How quickly that drug erodes a person's spirit. It's tragic.
    You are right, Bessie. This woman obviously was hard working and sought an education. That's four littles. FOUR! Hubby left. No doubt she had been troubled.

What happened was meth. Who knows how?

Sad indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by not_my_kids View Post
    When I was fifteen, my brother sat me down for a heart to heart. He told me that if I ever smoke pot, I'll be hurting myself, if I ever use cocaine or heroin or crack, I'll be hurting myself. But if I ever, ever touch meth, it's just a matter of time until I hurt someone else. Even in my rougher years, I'd never touch it. I'm recovering (for several years now) from an amphetamine addiction. People assume I mean meth. I don't. Think about that, I was addicted to the same class of drugs, and even I was terrified of meth.

For me, when it comes to the faces of meth, I look for that horribly pitted skin, which these two most definitely have. Otherwise, I look like a meth addict. You have no idea how painful that is to me to say. But the really bad chipped/broken teeth, the sunken in eyes, the pale skin, the gauntness to the face. I have it. But not the picked apart skin. That's the sticking point, every time.

Who would want to do that to themselves? I can understand the Why with most drugs, I've been there. But, this one destroys everything about you, even the maternal instinct. Even animals will move their babies when they small a change in the air. Meth fumes are among the most dangerous things to breathe, and over and over again, these people expose their kids to it. I can't understand that Why.
    Congrats on your sobriety, NMK. That's huge.

Nobody understands it. I doubt that woman does.