RA's dresser and apt locations

Redbird

Reaction score
I used
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2010/images/04/21/alcala.photos.pdf
to group backgrounds. Regarding the dresser, it turns out there are two dressers. The one in the pictures with green walls is different from the dresser in the other pictures. I found the first dresser with three different backgrounds:

CHEST OF DRAWERS
#29 Girl with headset and eyes closed
#45 Girl with headset against record collection stand
#52 Girl with headset wearing headset
#69 Girl in blue P coat pointing finger
#70 Very blond wearing headset (very clear picture of dresser)
#73 Other very blond girl
#76 Very blond girl holding headset

This is the apartment with white walls and the record collection, gray rug. I think this is his apartment in New York from the period Sept 25, 1968 to Aug 12, 1971 when he was a student at NYU. I base this on the fact that it looks like a typical student's apartment. He has possessions.

WHITE WALL APARTMENT MAY BE SAME AS WITH FIREPLACE
#115 Androgynous blond short hair, in brown chair, dresser on left
#121 Androgynous blond, brown chair with dresser
#137 Androgynous girl against beige door and bookcase
$141 Androgynous girl against beige door and bookcase
173 Androgynous blond in front of beige door (or gray door)

Not many possessions, bare look. May be after June 1977.

WHITE WALLS WITH FIREPLACE
#110 brown haired girl with necklace
#116 brown haired girl with necklace
#122 brown haired girl with necklace, tiger print on wall

May be after June, 1977, looks the same as the white walls, beige door apt.

#160 Brunette smiling in white blouse
Can see the dresser but not much else, except the table which I have not found in any other apartment. So may be post 1977

GREEN WALLS after June 1977
#33 Long wavy haired dishwater blond
#113 Redhead with long hair and freckles, yellow sleeveless blouse
#183 Long wavy haired dishwater blond in blue halter top
#188 Redhead with long hair and freckles and necklace, no blouse, dresser
#189 Redhead/close-up of dresser
#196 Redhead against green wall
#197 Redhead against green wall
#208 Redhead against dresser
#227 Redhead against green wall
#228 Girl with long brown hair against green wall

This is a different dresser. The background is very sparse and neat looking. I have wondered if this might be the apartment he shared with his mother sometime after 1977. It may be the girls apartment. If so he filmed three different girls there.

The apartment with blue walls and brick with geometric print curtain does not show the dresser. I think this is also a New York apartment from 1968-1971. I base this on the cluttered student look. Has some of the same possessions as the apartment with white walls, record collection, dresser. Maybe this was his first New York apartment and he had not acquired the dresser yet.

Grouping these by location might be helpful in narrowing the search for these girls by the years for these apartments. Articles about him talk about his East Village apt. or his Sixth St. apartment but I am unable to find a complete address. I would think they are referring to the apt. with blue walls and brick or the apt. with white walls and prominent record collection.

This was so tedious my eyes are crossing and by now I'm not sure I am making any sense at all. :waitasec:

Using the site http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2010/images/04/21/alcala.photos.pdf

these are the other locations I have group together:

AGAINST PATIO DOOR TYPE WINDOW
#2 Blue eyes dirty blond in peach blouse
#14 Blond with straw hat
Dates unknown

AGAINST WINDOW
#7 Pigtail girl with eyes closed
#32 Dark wavy haired girl with dark blue sweater
#39 Thin girl in light turtleneck
#43 Thin girl in light turtleneck
#111 Dark wavy haired girl with dark blue sweater
#117 Thin girl in light turtleneck
Dates unknown, probably New York

OUTDOOR PATIO DOORS
#191 Alcala with communion girl
#219 Funky shirt girl on patio
Unknown dates, makes me think of California.

AGAINST 50'S TYPE KITCHEN TABLE/BROWN BACKGROUND
#4 Blue eyes dirty blond in peach blouse
#131 Girl with granny glasses against brown walls (This may not be the same location)

WOODSY SETTING
#5 Hanging person
#77 Rodney and girl in crocheted bathing suit
#205 Girl with crocheted bathing suit
#209 Girl with crocheted bathing suit
#215 Elizabeth with Rodney
#220 Girl with crocheted bathing suit

I think the woodsy setting may be Washington state in 1979.

EAST COAST TREES 1977?
#10 Ballerina posed girl
#65 Girl in short poised with hand under chin/pink haze
#134 Girl in yellow shorts
#138 Girl in shorts posed with biceps, pink haze
#148 Girl in yellow shorts
#179 Girl in yellow shorts
#181 Girl in yellow shorts
#216 Girl in blue shorts, smiling
#217 Girl with yellow shorts

BLUE WALLS/BRICK/GEO CURTAIN APT
#13 Girl in underwear with bowl
#30 Costume makeup girl with plaid headscarf against geo print curtain
#36 Costume makeup girl/shows wooden door closed
#47 Boy with mole on cheek
#68 Boy with mole on cheek
#74 Costume makeup girl

This may be his New York apartment Sept 25, 1968 to Aug 12, 1971.

WHITE WALLED APT WITH RECORD COLLECT/BEATLES PRINT
Sept 25, 1968 to Aug 12, 1971
#29 Girl with headset and eyes closed
$41 Girl with headset
#52 Girl with headset
#69 Girl in blue P coat pointing finger
#70 Very blond wearing headset
#73 Other very blond girl
#76 Very blond girl holding headset
#81 Very blond girl in orange chair with green calendar
#146 Screaming, singing girl against record collection/Martin paints

Probably the New York apartment from Sept. 25, 1968 to Aug 12, 1971

APARTMENT WITH BOOKCASES AND BLUE WALLS after June 1977
#54 Brunette against blue sheet/ can see white phone
#59 Yellow bikini girl with pigtails
#96 Sad eyed girl with long blond hair (also shows bloue sheet) white phone
#130 Frizzy haired girl against refrigerator and bookcase
Sparcely furnished, may be post 1977 in California

ORANGE FLOWER PRINT SHEET BACKGROUND
#75 Girl with long hair with man with eyes closed
#98 Same couple, girl drinking from glass.
#100 Girl with long hair/eyes half closed
#106 Different girl with long brown hair, green jacket or blouse
#120 Girl with long hair smiling
#136 Girl in granny glasses P coat in background
#154 Girl with green jacket, hair up

The flowered sheet shows in the apartment with blue walls and brick. Could mean these pics are from 1968 to 1971.

RED WALLS
#124 Girl with Xmas tree

COUNTRY FRENCH KITCHEN TABLE
#158 Girl in white blouse, brunette with dresser in background

Of course, most of these dates are speculation.

Good work, finding so many common threads in this mess! The People Magazine article confirms the Green Wall Girl belongs to his California life near the time of his final arrest.

Thank you so much Redbird for all your hard work.

Not to be confusing, but I believe #14 straw hat girl is at the same window as #39 thin girl in turtleneck.

Thank you so much Redbird for all your hard work.

Not to be confusing, but I believe #14 straw hat girl is at the same window as #39 thin girl in turtleneck.
#14 looks like its a screen door
#39 looks like an apt window.
Also in #14 she looks deceased, and PROPPED up in front of a screen door. If she is propped up you couldn't really prop someone up in that position by a apt window dunno

Noticing on the Facebook page that there are wider versions of some of the photos than we have mostly been using here. Some of them show furniture not visible in the more familiar versions. The short-haired brunette before the blue cloth has an end-table not far off which may be the same thing the black rotary-dial phone rests on behind the sad-faced blonde. Sad-faced blonde is also near something which may be a big stereo speaker. OK, I'm not sure what it is, really. But whatever it is, the same thing or another one is right behind the green wall blonde known to be in California around 1979. That makes me think all the aforementioned women are West Coast if not all from the same period.

BlueShortHairWithTable.jpg

TheSpeakerThing.jpg

The dresser next to the short-haired androgynous blonde is the same one in so many other pictures. Since there was a different dresser in CA (and moving large furniture coast to coast can't be cheap), that makes me think all the pictures with the one dresser are in NY, even if it may have moved about the apartment some over time. For one thing, Alcala probably went back to the same place (and same family member) in 1977-1978 where he stayed earlier in 1969-1971, so you might expect to see a few year's worth of differences.

TheDresser.jpg

I think the blue background is the twin size mattress with the blue sheet we see in the pic of the sad face blond. I think the mattress is leaning on a wall or something. If that blue sheet is the same exact color with little to no fading it would seem the pictures are all taken in a fairly close frame of time.

The top pic in the group above bothers me because it look to me like this person has their hands tied behind their back when I look at the awkward position the shoulders are in.

I have been reading through my notes again and noticed that several of his victims were posed with their hands behind their backs. Very chilling and creepy.

... If that blue sheet is the same exact color with little to no fading it would seem the pictures are all taken in a fairly close frame of time.

On the other hand, if that's a white (touch-tone?) phone on the table by the short-haired brunette and a black rotary dial phone by the sad-faced blonde, then sad-faced blonde should be from sometime earlier. Who knows, though? Could have been a matter of mere days. (You can't see the black phone in the picture above because of the wide-screen cropping, but it shows in the one on the thread for her.)

If that blue sheet is the same exact color with little to no fading it would seem the pictures are all taken in a fairly close frame of time.

Some of the wrinkles are even the same. How often did he wash that thing?

The top pic in the group above bothers me because it look to me like this person has their hands tied behind their back when I look at the awkward position the shoulders are in.

Kudos to NoRest for spotting that this has to be ex-GF and defense witness Elizabeth Keheller. She may have been in danger, but he didn't snap.

00532KehellerInsert.jpg

Sure looks like her to me. (But I say that a lot on these threads with mixed results.)

I think you got it, Wildhuncher. I think this is Kelleher.

I disagree. I did read that the picture of Beth sitting on Ra's lap was the only picture of her in the batch released. Also Beth has very distinctive light blue eyes and this girl has brown eyes.

Agreed with you about different eye colors between two photos.

I disagree. I did read that the picture of Beth sitting on Ra's lap was the only picture of her in the batch released. Also Beth has very distinctive light blue eyes and this girl has brown eyes.

Strange. I wonder if we've had an error in information somewhere along the line.
Just to get other opinions, I asked a couple of co-workers if they thought it was the same person at different ages and they both said yes.
Which doesn't necessarily prove anything. :)

Kudos to NoRest for spotting that this has to be ex-GF and defense witness Elizabeth Keheller. She may have been in danger, but he didn't snap.

00532KehellerInsert.jpg

Sure looks like her to me. (But I say that a lot on these threads with mixed results.)

Dang!!!! that looks like her. Correct eye colors does not always show in pics.

Yes, I did say it was Kelleher and I still believe it is, all the way down to the bags under her eyes. It is true that eye color can look different under different lighting and also there is such a thing today as colored contact lenses. I used to wear a pale turquoise pair and my eyes looked totally unreal. I think that all features on these two are the same regarding structure, shape, etc.

Redbird, I think that the girl on his lap was the same girl that was in the blue swimming suit and perhaps the girl walking across his apartment with the cereal bowl - yet another girlfriend. Its hard to tell on the cereal bowl one because of her looking down.

I'm so confused with all of these though! :)

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20001523-504083.html
shows her picture and says she is "unidentified."

I think if you do a side by side you will see that they are not the same. They clearly stated that the only picture of Beth is the one of her sitting on his lap. The picture of the girl with the cereal bowl is in his New York apartment from 1968-71 and could not be Beth.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sugarheart27
Back