How to be prepared in case you are physically attacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always say that instead of a knee to the groin, I would get into a position to strongly come up straight between the legs with my hand in a grab position and not only JAB sharply, but grab ahold and TWIST. I know that many attackers get their victims to the ground and this would be perfect for that position. I think that you'd have at least a couple of minutes to get free if that were to happen.

I just got some pepper spray today. :eek:

Now I need to test it? Right? Or no? Anyone keep pepper spray on themselves?

I just got some pepper spray today. :eek:

Now I need to test it? Right? Or no? Anyone keep pepper spray on themselves?

I like to have it on my wrist on an elastic stretchy key chain thing...that way its "out there".

I have set up a few friends with this that travel alone as I do...those late night rest stops and hotels, parking lots...one friend was traveling w another lady from MN to TX for a dog show...they pulled over at a rest area...she went to use the facilities and HEARD a group of guys talking about how hot she was while in the restroom alone. I chewed her out and told her to IGNORE the no dog signs...we both have Bullmastiffs..my life is worth a citation or warning about taking a dog into a restroom. I gave her my wrist held spray for the trip home.

I used mine when the neighbor had 2 nasty dogs that kept digging out and attacking everyone...the stuff works :)..just be careful to not leave it on a hot car.

I prefer a pistol these days however...but pepper spray is excellent if the wind isn't misdirecting it.

Wasp spray is a great sub to keep around..and if your really serious, most gun shops sell bear spray.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Taylor Sage