The "Today Show" (Mention that police DID NOT READ CASEY MIRANDA RIGHTS!)

MADJGNLAW

Reaction score

Not sure where to start diss on this, please move as needed. :blowkiss:
"Snip" Thanks Patty!

Video: http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/41903297#41903409

Early on yesterday the hearing started out with talk of Casey being handcuff and let go, and it went on and on. I found it odd... today I watch the Today Show and wonder if Casey will end up a free woman? :banghead:

I just can't believe this, could Casey get off from killing her child (if guilty). Sounds as if police made a mistake by not reading Casey her Miranda Rights from what this video is saying.
From how I understood it yesterday Baez kept pushing the deputy into saying that Casey was restrained and then let go and no report was made and not read her Miranda rights. Then Linda from the DA's side came up and questioned the deputy and made him read a section in their code book that states they don't have to write a report or read Miranda Rights to anyone unless they are "key words here" Taken to the jail and booked. What happen is that Casey got handcuffed and let go, later on after the wild goose chase she was taken to jail and I thought that at that time a report was made and her Miranda Rights were read. I hope I am understanding this right. Please anyone correct me here!

Not sure where to start diss on this, please move as needed. :blowkiss:
"Snip" Thanks Patty!

Video: http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/41903297#41903409

Early on yesterday the hearing started out with talk of Casey being handcuff and let go, and it went on and on. I found it odd... today I watch the Today Show and wonder if Casey will end up a free woman? :banghead:

I just can't believe this, could Casey get off from killing her child (if guilty). Sounds as if police made a mistake by not reading Casey her Miranda Rights from what this video is saying.
From how I understood it yesterday Baez kept pushing the deputy into saying that Casey was restrained and then let go and no report was made and not read her Miranda rights. Then Linda from the DA's side came up and questioned the deputy and made him read a section in their code book that states they don't have to write a report or read Miranda Rights to anyone unless they are "key words here" Taken to the jail and booked. What happen is that Casey got handcuffed and let go, later on after the wild goose chase she was taken to jail and I thought that at that time a report was made and her Miranda Rights were read. I hope I am understanding this right. Please anyone correct me here!

I'm sure she was read her Miranda rights. I know Yuri said he never read them to her, but I took that to mean either John Allen or Appy Wells did the honors.

I'm sure she was read her Miranda rights. I know Yuri said he never read them to her, but I took that to mean either John Allen or Appy Wells did the honors.

:yourock: THANK YOU! :blowkiss:

I've seen the TODAY SHOW get things wrong and never bother correcting themselves.

I stopped watching for that reason.

I've seen the TODAY SHOW get things wrong and never bother correcting themselves.

I stopped watching for that reason.

You would think with the show's producer, Jim Lichtenstein sitting at the hearings each and every day he could give the show an accurate report of the happenings. This is biased media at it's worst.

JB is trying to be slick with the Miranda rights. KC was not under arrest during the times JB is arguing... she spoke with LE about Caylee being missing which IMO would be normal (to speak to LE about your missing child). I was surprised at the spin the Today Show put on it.

You would think with the show's producer, Jim Lichtenstein sitting at the hearings each and every day he could give the show an accurate report of the happenings. This is biased media at it's worst.

the TODAY show is pro Casey Anthony......Jim L is pro Casey Anthony and thinks the Anthony's are very nice people....TODAY show needs to be :slap: Jim L needs to be:slap: SHAME ON ALL OF THEM

This is when I am yelling at the TV screen...

It is never brought up the reasoning behind the handcuffs... I think That would make all this moot...Often police will handcuff a person in these situations.

This call started out as a stolen car .. then progressed to missing child .. They had no clue what it could escalate into to. I am sure crying and yelling was taking place ect..

The police have to protect themselves.. they do carry weapons on their person .. anyone in this household could go extreme..

Even I as a lay person knows why she was handcuffed NOT ARRESTED at that time...

So why don't they just say that..

humm maybe I should send them a memo .. LOL

Yeah, it took them 3 years to come up with 15 seconds of video of Casey crying and acting like she gives a crap about anyone but herself. No mention of the rest of the time when she sits stoic, fuming mad, or doodling mindlessly.

I cannot believe how slanted this piece was. If I were Meredith Viera, I'd be embarrassed to have even introduced the segment.

Yes I believe there was quite a bit of confusion with the three 911 calls, and Cindy telling the officer she wanted her daughter arrested! That had to be a very confusing time for the officers who were at the home ? NOT?

Just NOW on HLN Prime News they had Jean C. as a guest, and she too was saying Casey was not Mirandized and so her statements on the night of the 15th may be out of the trial.

I hope this media spin makes Baez feel comfortable with his trial performance so far. I hope he continues to come to court unprepared and unorganized, and thinks he can continue to get by that way.

Just add this one to the Kc parents cant visit her - that one sends my blood pressure
into orbit - we will hear this nonsense over and over again. Newcomers and others
who havent read all that we have will take it at face value .
I

Fear not, my sleuthy chums, this is all just 'Roll up, roll up get your tickets here' noise preceding the circus trial predicted by Mr. Cheney Mason himself. Justice will be served, and it will come with a hefty bill.

Question, even if the testimony of KC is thrown out...can't they state call GA, CA, or LA to the stand to VERIFY all of the stuff that KC said as far as Nanny, Universal not really working there, etc? To me that would be all the Jury needed to hear.

Question, even if the testimony of KC is thrown out...can't they state call GA, CA, or LA to the stand to VERIFY all of the stuff that KC said as far as Nanny, Universal not really working there, etc? To me that would be all the Jury needed to hear.
Could........... if they were capable of truth telling that is.........

My opinions...

Other than for something in my ear while I'm browsing the web, I pay no actual attention to the talking heads on shows, even ones with lawyers on because, imo, the objective for these shows are ratings and talking heads in conflict (OMG no Miranda!!!) and the verbals exchanges centre around opinions (with OMG KC wasn't read her rights. Yuri said so!!!) That isn't what Yuri said; he said he didn't read KC her rights.

Contrast to this, even if I don't always agree, I like listening to people like Mr. Hornsby and Mr. Sheaffer, who both seem to hold the law in high regard. Also, I like reading the lawyers here on WS, who aren't motivated by ratings and $$$ to be on a show.

Yes I believe there was quite a bit of confusion with the three 911 calls, and Cindy telling the officer she wanted her daughter arrested! That had to be a very confusing time for the officers who were at the home ? NOT?

I agree.
I would say that the first Officers to respond were dispatched because of Cindy's "I want someone, my daughter, arrested for Stealing Money and stealing a Car"..
How many Officers were dispatched to the A home that night? and What Units or Division were they all from?

I believe there was utter chaos at the home that night. First call was for a person CA wanted arrested for auto theft, the second call I forgot what that was but by the time of the third call, this all changed to a missing child.

The first officer responded to the GTA..Why didn't that officer say, Yes, I handcuffed her for OUR protection until I found out what was going on...

It's not a big deal that she was handcuffed for all of 4-5 minutes, she was free to go...The TH's said, it doesn't matter what LE states, it's ICA's frame of mind at the time. Did she feel she was free to go? So, unless ICA takes the stand to explain this, I truly hope, His Honor sees this for what it was. ICA wasn't in custody, formal custody, until after her walk down Universal...What I don't understand, the police didn't persue the GTA or CC fraud (which was the reason she was briefly handcuffed), that was left alone and they "interviewed" the mother of an allegedly missing child who gave not one factual piece of information. So what does that have to do with all the tea in China??

Even if the State looses the July 15th fiasco, they still have plenty of evidence against ICA.

JVM (I tried calling in but never get through) built this up as, ICA not read her miranda rights, did the police mess up? Is there a plea deal on the horizon??? I so hope the deal would be LWOP, nothing less. She isn't remorseful, she isn't saddened, she deserves nothing less...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lefer
Back