Get ready for a blitz of bedbug cases in summer 2011, experts say

Dark Knight

Reaction score
Here's some news to make your skin crawl: Bedbug infestations will explode this year, particularly in the summer, experts say.

The bloodsuckers are already entrenched in the city and, like cockroaches, tend to thrive in July, August and September, said Jeffrey White, a research entomologist for Bedbugcentral.com.

"I firmly believe that this year is going to be worse than last year," White said at a bedbug seminar Wednesday.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_local...tz-of-bedbug-cases-in-summer-2011-experts-say

Nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

What century are we in here? Is there no way to just eradicate these suckers. No pun intended.

What makes them come in the first place?

I'm thinking a lot of steaming is going to be going on. I heard it helps kill em?

Nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

What century are we in here? Is there no way to just eradicate these suckers. No pun intended.

I thinked they used DDT at some point to get rid of them. DDT is outlawed now so welcome to bedbug he**!!

I thinked they used DDT at some point to get rid of them. DDT is outlawed now so welcome to bedbug he**!!

You are exactly right, Crystalgenie! DDT kills bugs DEAD! (Sorry, RAID, you just don't cut it anymore!)

I think they are here already. My daughter had to stay in a Travel Lodg e motel in a small town in the Ozarks recently and guess what. She woke up covered with bites. The motel moved her to another room and washed everything she had and hopefully they did not hitch a ride back home with her. But if that motel had bedbugs, IMO they are everywhere now.

I am writing this follow-up comment to warn people about staying in motels. My daughter acquired bedbugs staying at a Travelodge. We have realized that more upscale motels have the bedbugs beccause they have a lot of professional travelers that carry them from one motel/hotel to the next. The town I live in has a lot of truck drivers. A month after being back home, they have hatched in her apt. A man from Terminex is coming tomorrow. The cost: $700. She tried to get reimbursed from Travelodge and they finally gave her $100. She talked to three attorneys and none wanted to mess with it.

We were traveling a few weeks ago, and the hotels we stayed at all had signs that read "Bedbug free zone" I asked the desk clerk what that means, and she says they get treated every 2 weeks with preventative..... Hopefully more hotels follow suit, and it really isn't going to be that bad this summer!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back