GUILTY TX - Rev. Clint Dobson, 28, killed in Arlington church robbery, 3 March 2011

Am I the only one who is ashamed of my first thoughts? This could be the work of a crazy person raging against God, a family dispute, or even a robbery. Why do my thoughts immediately wander over to what could possibly be hidden in the pastor's history that would cause someone to do this? I'm not pleased with myself and I abhor violence of any kind.

My prayers go out to the families. How horrific for a congregation to lose their pastor. And most church secretaries are well loved by their churches.

Am I the only one who is ashamed of my first thoughts? This could be the work of a crazy person raging against God, a family dispute, or even a robbery. Why do my thoughts immediately wander over to what could possibly be hidden in the pastor's history that would cause someone to do this? I'm not pleased with myself and I abhor violence of any kind.

My prayers go out to the families. How horrific for a congregation to lose their pastor. And most church secretaries are well loved by their churches.

Well, it was a violent crime. Either something related to the pastor (since he's deceased) -- whether the gripe was of a personal or professional nature -- or a random act of violence. I wouldn't sweat the fact that you immediately jumped to the pastor. You have a 50 percent chance of being correct.

I jump to conclusions far too fast. Whatever the motive, how heartbreaking.

http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/0...nd-dead-assistant-severely.html#ixzz1Feikveef

Robbery may have been a motive in Arlington pastor's slaying

"UPDATE: Arlington police said robbery may have been a motive in the slaying of a church pastor and the severe beating of his assistant on Thursday. Some items were missing from the church, spokeswoman Tiara Richard said during a news conference Friday morning. She said there were no signs of forced entry and said both victims were physically assaulted, but no cause of death has been released.

Also Friday, the Rev. Dennis Wiles, pastor of First Baptist Church in Arlington, said that the assistant, Judy Elliott, was "doing some better" and is in stable condition...."

more at link (with frequent updates)

Police announced on local news that robbery was the motive and that LE patrol cars are cruising through neighborhoods and parking lots looking for Mrs. Elliot's car that has yet to be located. Mrs. Elliot is still in and out of consciousness. She is still in critical condition. LE has not been able to speak with her yet.

Heartbreaking. The pastor was only 29 years old. This happened in my hometown and I know people that went to this church. Just horrible.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/Poli...tal-attack-of-Arlington-pastor-117444613.html
ARLINGTON - Nearly a dozen local ministers arrived at Northpointe Baptist Church Friday evening to wrap their arms and their words around the small congregation.
Friends said the assistant was beaten so badly, her husband was unable to recognize her at the scene. Dobson was a graduate of Baylor University. He also volunteered time as a community minister for the Arlington Police Department

How awful! Why would someone rob a church for crying out loud? They don't keep bundles of money in there anyway!

Prayers to their families and friends. :praying:

I read that Pastor Dobson had recently asked to work more with the men at the church's outreach mission. I wonder if he ever ran across this man and somehow this monster surmised that there might be money in the church offices.

My prayers are with the entire congregation. Devastating. Pastor Dobson seemed like such a vibrant young man. Any updates on Ms. Elliott's condition?

I think they are circling the wagons around Ms. Elliott now. Better that the perp doesn't know how she is or where she is, although it might be a little late for that. Hopefully this stays in jail this time :(

Salem

Another arrest has been made. Anthony Gregory Springs.

Our local broadcast news says that the 2 immediately went to The Parks shopping mall using the pastor's credit cards to buy jewelry and shoes. They were overheard making very inappropriate comments about the pastor's murder. A witness to these comments called police.

ETA

Found a link in local paper

http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/03/07/2902131/arlington-pastor-was-suffocated.html

How awful! Why would someone rob a church for crying out loud? They don't keep bundles of money in there anyway!

Prayers to their families and friends. :praying:

:rocker:Have had to count money at our church on many occasions and we have had more than 20k at a time in the building until Monday's deposit.

A couple of updates:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/tx/7464674.html

Hundreds mourn at funeral for slain Texas pastor

"A young pastor who was robbed and killed in his Texas church is being remembered for his big heart and service to God and others. About 1,500 mourners gathered Wednesday at a funeral service in Arlington for the Rev. Clint Dobson. Those who spoke at the emotional service said his life should be celebrated because of his tremendous impact — even though he was just 28 when he died...."

and

"...Police have arrested 24-year-old Steven Lawayne Nelson and 19-year-old Anthony Gregory Springs. Both are jailed in Arlington on capital murder and attempted capital murder charges. A NorthPointe Baptist Church assistant was severely beaten and robbed in the March 3 crime...."

more at link

And:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20041661-504083.html

Two charged with suffocation murder of Texas pastor

"Steven Lawayne Nelson, 24, and Anthony Gregory Springs, 19, were both arrested and charged with capital murder Monday following the suffocation of Rev. Clinton Dobson and the brutal beating of his assistant. Rev. Dobson was found dead in NorthPointe Baptist Church in Arlington on Thursday, and his assistant Judy Elliott was beaten badly. The Tarrant County Medical Examiner's Office released information Monday that Dobson, 28, had been suffocated with a plastic bag..."

and

"....[Ms.] Elliott, 69, is still remains hospitalized and has not been able to speak with investigators yet...."

more at link

Prayers for Ms. Elliott and that entire congregation.

I am afraid Ms. Elliot's injuries may have included severe head trauma.

Bless her... it sounds like she has a long way to go to recover.

IMO

That's what I was thinking...I wonder if she'll be able to recall anything of value. Sure hope so....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back