1093 users online (239 members and 854 guests)  

Websleuths News

MS~Denise Randall hosted a drinking & "branding" party for teens

I don't see a thread on this appalling case. A 46 year old woman hosting a drinking party for pre-teens and teens. What did she expect to happen....Monopoly and Charades?

Sheriff: Miss. teen beaten, branded at party

"JACKSON, Miss. A 15-year-old boy was beaten and branded with hot metal after a confrontation with a 12-year-old girl at a party in Mississippi where teens had been drinking, authorities said Friday.

Five people are charged in the case, including the 12-year-old girl.
    Lauderdale County Sheriff Billy Sollie said Denise Randall, 46, was hosting the party in the east-central Mississippi community of Meridian last weekend when the victim bumped into the girl. Someone then called the girl's 15-year-old boyfriend.

Sollie said the boyfriend arrived and held the victim, who was not identified, at gunpoint while he was beaten and branded with hot metal...."

more at link

This is disturbing on so many levels.

Firstly adult woman hosts the party. Lady, there's laws out there are going to get you locked up one of those kids gets hurt. Oh right. One did. Big time.

Secondly you bump into someone you get freakin branded?

Who wants to guess that Mizz Randall there probably would have got herself held down and whooped if she tossed a kid out or horrors of all horrors bumped into them?

Scary world.

My concern is that we haven't heard the end of this story. It's a nasty one on so many levels and I'm very afraid there's going to be reprisals. This woman took a group of edgy kids and literally threw fuel on the fire. We do NOT need adults like this around children.

Who hosts a party that includes beating and branding of teens? OMG. I have a teen, and we host sleepovers with mountain dew and pizza. R U Kidding Me?

The mother should be arrested immediately and held in jail (not on bond like she was). There is NO excuse for this. I am appalled.

No wonder so many of our children are so fooked up!