868 users online (166 members and 702 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LotsaLatte View Post
    Nothing new on Grant? I can't find any new information. I feel bad for his family!
    Hi there, I wonder if he drove off the Hwy by accident and is in brush where he can't be seen? That happens here in the NW allot. I think of Idaho as part of the Pacific Northwest. Ya Ya

Do we have a local who can tell us about the terrain he would have traveled?

Ta

Hi Scandi,

I thought the same thing. I actually followed his route on googlemaps and there are places that I think he could have gone off the road. But, I think I read on the facebook page that people had driven it and searched. It's just strange, isn't it? I almost think he went off one of the other roads for something and ran into trouble or something maybe.
    At first I thought maybe he might have left on his own but I read in one report that he was in a company vehicle so that kind of made me think he went off the road somewhere. It's just odd.

Okay, off to bed it's late!

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    I wanted to bring this thread over, in case they're related? This couple was driving from Canada to Las Vegas on 3/19/11. Their credit card was last used in Baker City OR, not too far from Idaho... They never checked in to their hotel.

WA WA/OR - Al and Rita Chretien, 59 and 56, enroute from Canada to Nevada, 19 March 2011 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

And quoting one of my posts from that thread just for informational purposes here:

.................................................. ...................

Glad to see the word is spreading - it's a vast region if you don't know where someone went missing or which route they took. Prayers to the family/friends - and to those searching. Interesting statement as well -

Missing Canadian couple may have been traveling through Idaho

(...snip...)

Their disappearance is reminiscent of that of Grant Moedl, 57, who disappeared somewhere while driving between his home in Rexburg and Boise around the first of March. Moedl has not been found.

Read more: http://www.idahostatesman.com/2011/0...#ixzz1IQdRrKyo
    ETA: Here's our thread on Mr. Moedl:
    ID ID - Grant Moedl - 57 years old - Rexburg - 2-Mar-2011 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    Last edited by KateB; 04-29-2015 at 12:09 AM. Reason: repair url tag.
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    Another article:

http://tetonvalleynews.net/news/auth...cc4c03286.html

Authorities continue search for missing man
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...929744&sk=wall

FB update from family says that private investigator report did not come up with any new theories. They are waiting for the snow melt to search again.

There is still snow in Hill City.

In one of the posts, a family member states that a last cell phone ping was in front of a retired state policeman's house. He is away for the winter. But the house was searched on the off chance something happened there. Nothing.

Also, he liked rock hounding. But family doubts he would try that, as the area was covered in two feet of snow.
    God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International

Search For Rexburg Man Expands To Greater Depths

http://www.localnews8.com/news/27471120/detail.html#

By Brett Crandall
    POSTED: 4:27 pm MDT April 7, 2011

REXBURG, Idaho -- Deputies in Elmore County are advancing the search for Grant Moedl, the Rexburg man who disappeared more than a month ago while en route from Rexburg to Boise for a business meeting.

Sonar search proves fruitless in Moedl case

http://www.rexburgstandardjournal.co...cc4c03286.html

Posted: Tuesday, April 12, 2011 6:04 pm |
    Updated: 11:42 am, Wed Apr 13, 2011
    JOSEPH LAW jlaw@uvsj.com
    RexburgStandardJournal.com

REXBURG - A sonar search Saturday of a reservoir in Elmore County yielded no information in the ongoing search for Grant Moedl, 57, of Rexburg.

More people than you may think vanish every year in and around Idaho

Kathy and Grant Moedl met nearly four decades ago on a field trip in the mountains while students at Ricks College in Rexburg.

“We spent all of our dating hiking, backpacking and climbing,” Kathy Moedl said. A year after they met, he proposed on the tallest peak in Grand Teton National Park.

Kathy Moedl will turn 58 on Saturday, and her greatest wish this birthday is to see her husband again. Grant Moedl went missing while driving to Boise for a business meeting March 2.

Investigators in southern Idaho have searched exhaustively the past six weeks — even taking a boat equipped with sonar out on Anderson Ranch Reservoir twice this month — but have found no trace of Grant Moedl or the company car he was traveling in. There has been no activity on his bank and credit cards, and his cellphone hasn’t been turned on since that day, according to Rexburg police.

“My heart hurts,” Kathy Moedl said. “He was ... he is, the nicest person I know and so just doesn’t deserve this, whatever it is.”

Moedl and her 16-year-old daughter are among dozens of families in Idaho this year suffering the anxiety and emotional pain that comes after a loved one disappears.

FROM THE SAME LINK ABOVE:

Kathy Moedl has no idea what happened to her husband, but when she heard about a Canadian couple who vanished after stopping for gas in Baker City, Ore., in March she wondered if that incident were somehow connected to her husband’s disappearance.

“It just seems so bizarre to me,” Moedl said. “Is that a coincidence? Two weeks apart and 200 miles apart?”

The family of the Canadians thought so too — they called Moedl last week to compare notes, she said.

North American Missing Persons Network

http://www.nampn.org/hot/moedl_grant.html

Dozens added to Idaho's missing person database

More than five dozen people have been entered into Idaho's missing person database since January.

Kathy Moedl's husband, Grant, is among those who have vanished. During the past six weeks, investigators have found no trace of the Rexburg man, who disappeared in southern Idaho on March 2 while driving to Boise for a business meeting.

More: http://www.khq.com/Global/story.asp?S=14476036

Around the valley

http://www.magicvalley.com/news/loca...cc4c03286.html

Posted: Saturday, April 30, 2011 1:00 am

A Rexburg couple is organizing a search for Grant Moedl, the Rexburg man who went missing on March 2.

Search for missing Idaho man becomes a way to 'pay it forward'

http://www.ktvb.com/home/Mt-Home-res...121196839.html

by Ty Brennan
    KTVB.COM
    Posted on May 3, 2011 at 5:46 PM
    Updated today at 8:26 AM

ELMORE COUNTY -- The search for missing 57-year-old Grant Moedl continued Tuesday, two months after he disappeared.

Friends of missing Rexburg man find a lot during massive search, but nothing they can connect to Grant Moedl

More than 40 volunteers participated searched 100 miles of road sides in southcentral Idaho last week, hoping to find any trace of missing Rexburg resident Grant Moedl.

[snip]

Richard Holliday says volunteers found many things along the highways, including two cell phones, a driver license, a health card, part of a Visa card, car parts, clothes and tools.

Melting snowpack and road washouts continue to hinder the Elko County Sheriff’s Office in the search for a missing Canadian man.

[snip]

Also missing is 57-year-old Grant Moedl, believed to have disappeared somewhere in the Camas Prairie.

[snip]

Holliday said he received an email from a Twin Falls man, claiming to have seen a man matching Moedl’s description at the intersection of Blue Lakes Boulevard and Filer Avenue at around 2 a.m. on March 2. The email stated that an older man with stringy gray hair and glasses was driving a Subaru, which had a license plate of 1TT149. The plate number is one letter off from Moedl’s actual license plate number of 1T149.

More: http://www.magicvalley.com/news/loca...cc4c03286.html

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast