Katrina Marie Belcher, Hope Sykes Mother Died Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Fessel

Reaction score
Katrina Marie Belcher 44, of Welaka, Florida passed away on Wednesday, March 2, 2011 at her home. Katrina was born on Tuesday, April 19, 1966 in St. Louis, Missouri to Robert Welfenberg and Annette Stallings. She was preceded in death by her father, and Husband Eric Belcher. She was a Certified Nursing Assistant.

Very sad and the last thing I heard about Hope was she was in the hospital part of the prison.

http://www.wattsfuneralhomes.com/katrina-marie-belcher

Katrina Marie Belcher 44, of Welaka, Florida passed away on Wednesday, March 2, 2011 at her home. Katrina was born on Tuesday, April 19, 1966 in St. Louis, Missouri to Robert Welfenberg and Annette Stallings. She was preceded in death by her father, and Husband Eric Belcher. She was a Certified Nursing Assistant.

Very sad and the last thing I heard about Hope was she was in the hospital part of the prison.

http://www.wattsfuneralhomes.com/katrina-marie-belcher

OMG, how terrible!!!!!

Tragedy upon tragedy for this family... RIP Katrina.

This is very sad news.. I don't think it will change anything RE:Haleigh, but maybe Hope will realize just how precious life really is ! And if she does know anything about Haleigh's disappearance she would come forward. There is always hope.

According to Katrina's last post on her FB which was in the last week, Hope is fighting for her life.

This is very sad news. :(

I've closed the thread for a couple of minutes. If you want to post condolences to the family, that is fine. But please let's just keep it at that. If any of them come here, let them see kind words and thoughts during this time of loss.

:tyou:

I'm really sorry to hear of Ms. Belcher's death. I didn't know she was ill. I wonder if she was able to visit Hope recently. It's a terribly sad, tragic situation all the way around. My condolences to Hope and to the rest of the family.

RIP Katrina.

According to Katrina's last post on her FB which was in the last week, Hope is fighting for her life.

Hope is fighting for her life? I did not know she was in the hopsital.

Prayers for Hope.

Do we know if Katrina was sick? There is a condolence message on the obituary page which would indicate that might be the case...

Prayers for Katrina & the rest of the family.

:praying:

Hope is fighting for her life? I did not know she was in the hopsital.

Prayers for Hope.

Do we know if Katrina was sick? There is a condolence message on the obituary page which would indicate that might be the case...

Prayers for Katrina & the rest of the family.

:praying:

From the looks of it, all her recent web activity does not reflect any known illness' she seemed upbeat, there was a message from Annette to Katrina asking why she didn't go see Hope, and Katrina was also looking for a job. The death was "unexpected" according to her sister who has set up a fundraiser site for the funeral, not sure how to link it though, but here is the gist of it.

Katrina Belcher passed away March 2, 2011 unexpectedly at the age of 44. She leaves behind three children and these children are responsible for the arrangements. Please help my family with the expenses that were all of a sudden. My family needs your help. Thank you and God bless you for all your prayers and help!!

I was totally surprised to see this thread. She was very young....wow! I also didn't know Hope was sick. Fighting for her life???? WTH?

From the looks of it, all her recent web activity does not reflect any known illness' she seemed upbeat, there was a message from Annette to Katrina asking why she didn't go see Hope, and Katrina was also looking for a job. The death was "unexpected" according to her sister who has set up a fundraiser site for the funeral, not sure how to link it though, but here is the gist of it.

Katrina Belcher passed away March 2, 2011 unexpectedly at the age of 44. She leaves behind three children and these children are responsible for the arrangements. Please help my family with the expenses that were all of a sudden. My family needs your help. Thank you and God bless you for all your prayers and help!!

A broken heart can make you sick and can also impact an illness you may already have had.

I had not heard of anything other then Hope was sick.

I don't want to de-rail the thread about Hope but I received an e-mail from Vinelink Thursday that she had been transferred back to Lowell CI from the Reception and Medical Unit. I take that to mean she is ok now if she was well enough to go back to the prison.

I just checked the DOC site. It has been updated showing her at Lowell CI.

I wonder if they will let Hope and Ron attend the funeral?

Whoa.... What did she pass away from?

I wonder if they will let Hope and Ron attend the funeral?

Don't think Ron would be even considered. Not all jurisdictions are the same, but some allow an immediate family member to attend but the family is responsible for all expenses including guards, transportation, and it may be very limited.

(Just got a lesson on this topic from our x-gov & his ill wife).

My deepest sympathies to her whole family. So many tragedies for one family, it's heartbreaking.

Severe stress and not having enough money for health care can have a terrible impact on the health of women. It's sad that the whole family has had so much stress.

Well, if I am not wrong, there has not been a COD revealed or even any whispers she was even sick, as far as we know it could be due to crime, I think its a stretch to jump to conclusions right now. I sure Hope gets to go to the burial, how terrible for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong