Phil Collins Quitting Music Due to Health Problems

Oh how sad, he sure made some great music.
My son saw him 3 times in concert, I never did.

So sad -- I saw him in concert in the 80's, then watched Tarzan over and over with my son in the late 90's (he's was 3 or so). You'll be in my heart is such a favourite memory for both me, DH, and DS.

What a wonderful man, such a legend -- his songs will always be "in my heart".

Mel

Love his work... definitely a legend. Hope stepping away like this helps him heal properly.

This is sad news. What a talented musician:

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20471491,00.html

Phil Collins "Going Back" from 2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrxFpcaNlCU

I think the quotes in this People article are bizarre...

Quote: "I don't really belong to that world and I don't think anyone's going to miss me," Collins, 60, tells FHM, according to Time magazine. I'm much happier just to write myself out of the script entirely."

Collins, who lives in Switzerland, adds: "I'm sorry that it was all so successful. I honestly didn't mean it to happen like that. It's hardly surprising that people grew to hate me."

Wth is that all about?

I think the quotes in this People article are bizarre...

Quote: "I don't really belong to that world and I don't think anyone's going to miss me," Collins, 60, tells FHM, according to Time magazine. I'm much happier just to write myself out of the script entirely."

Collins, who lives in Switzerland, adds: "I'm sorry that it was all so successful. I honestly didn't mean it to happen like that. It's hardly surprising that people grew to hate me."

Wth is that all about?

I agree with you

he sounds like he's depressed with the saying that no one will miss me....

and feeling people hated him.. i'm sure that is some of that in the music industry just like any other..... but still odd...

I would like to know in what context those words were spoken by Phil Collins.

I can't make heads or tails of just 2 to 4 sentences. Oddly written story.

I read this short blurb yesterday IIRC and I remember thinking to myself well I can't blame him you know?

Yes he is talented and he made a LOT of money as well for his talent. He's 60.

60. Not 40, not 50 but 60. We don't know what he is doing in Switzerland. He could be living the life that he wishes he could have lived when he was younger by focusing on the intangibles that too often get taken for granted or ignored when we are younger. There does come a time when we realize that we can count our summers remaining and life isn't endless possibilities and we need to take measure of what we have, what we have done and what's left to do. If it doesn't happen in a person's life prior to their passing to me that is a great tragedy JMHO.

Maybe he's there. Maybe not. But he's 60 and he could very well be ready to stop and enjoy and savor each day he has left with the ones he loves instead of creating music for money. (He could very well be working in music everyday but not in the "industry") :)

Godspeed to him in all his hopes and dreams.

Phil Collins: I'm Not a 'Tormented Weirdo'

Collins knocks reports that he's leaving the music scene over bad reviews, mistreatment by the media or because "I don't feel loved." Instead, he says, "I am stopping so I can be a full time father to my two young sons on a daily basis."

After thanking his "very large fanbase that loves what I do," the Grammy-winning musician adds that he's not some "tormented weirdo who thinks he was at the Alamo in another life."

Reiterating his gratefulness to fans for their well wishes, he adds, "It means a lot that you care. But there's no need for the straitjacket!"

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20471916,00.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back