Searches of SA's families' properties

curiousc

Reaction score
I do understand that it is private property and that if a homeowner does not give consent then LE must proceed with a search warrant. A search warrant of a private property is difficult to obtain unless they have probable cause, right?

Do you think SA knows this and has indeed put Hailey on one of his families' private properties?

And I do wonder if LE has asked to search the property but his family have said no.

Are there any MSM news links about this property, or is this based on a rumor?

I do understand that it is private property and that if a homeowner does not give consent then LE must proceed with a search warrant. A search warrant of a private property is difficult to obtain unless they have probable cause, right?

Do you think SA knows this and has indeed put Hailey on one of his families' private properties?

And I do wonder if LE has asked to search the property but his family have said no.

IMO, I would think that given the circumstances, probable cause would be pretty easy to show.

None of us can understand why LE did not obtain a search warrant for the property owned by SA's family. Realistically that is where LE should have started their search for Hailey so I do not think Shawn would hide Hailey there for this reason.

By not searching this property, LE can keep the focus on Shawn which prevents the search for Hailey from moving forward IMO.

I think I remember a report about glove-wearing people carrying things out of his grandmother's house but I have no idea when or where that was reported.

Sorry my first post may not have been clear. I guess I am just a little confused by the fact that, from what we know, his families' properties, specifically his mom and grandmother's, have not been searched.

Probable cause...yes, I do suppose they have that. He's a suspect in the disappearance of a missing 13 year old girl. But do they need more than that for a search warrant of a private property?

Right now I am not sure if they have the evidence of what truly happened to Hailey. Do you? And I could be very wrong and maybe they have more than what we know.

Furthermore, I would be very interested to know if his family members have not given LE consent to search the properties or even if LE has asked.

So here's the story that mentions his grandmother's house possibly being searched. It's from Jan 18th:

Kampfer said Adkins is under 24-hour surveillance by law enforcement.

On Tuesday, two men and a woman were seen coming out of the home of Adkin’s grandmother RN, who lives in the community of Dunn, 10 miles north of Colorado City. The three unidentified individuals also were seen walking behind the Norwood house. The woman was seen holding a container and a latex glove.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/18/spokesman-evidence-may-have-been-found-case-missin/

If SA has nothing to hide, it seems he would encourage his family to offer to let LE search their properties without needing a search warrant.

Have any of the following questions been answered? If so, can someone point me to the right thread please?

Have any of SA's family members been involved in the search? He and BD have been together for a while now. Did they know BD and the kids very well?

Have BD's or CD's family members been involved with the search?

Me & my bf have been together for a year and a half. If anyone on either side of our families was missing ALL of our family members would be searching. I don't understand the resistance to help LE.

If SA has nothing to hide, it seems he would encourage his family to offer to let LE search their properties without needing a search warrant.

Have any of the following questions been answered? If so, can someone point me to the right thread please?

Have any of SA's family members been involved in the search? He and BD have been together for a while now. Did they know BD and the kids very well?

Me & my bf have been together for a year and a half. If anyone on either side of our families was missing ALL of our family members would be searching. I don't understand the resistance to help LE.

Good questions..and I Totally Agree that it does indeed seem odd that for them having been together for several years and even living together that indeed his family would be out with flyers..searching..etc{especially in the very beginning before he was named a POI}.. I know that this would have been the case during our many years of dating{hubby/I}that if family on either side went missing that both sides of our families would be adamantly searching..and keeping our loved ones face in the media..It just doesn't make sense{almost like every other aspect of this entire case}

As far as BD/CD and if either of their families were searching or helping in any way with Hailey being found and brought home.. I think its been well publicized that CD has went far and wide{4000miles total in driving sice Hailey disappeared}..and before they had a vehicle to make these road trips the 3 of them {CD Naomi and their newborn baby} were literally searching all abandoned houses..ditches..creek beds..etc on foot daily..All of this easily verified thru MSM articles easily "googled"..

CD has also been present at the searchers "start points" always thanking and showing his deep appreciation for those searching for his little girl.. He also has given money to help the monetary stress of gas for those searching for Hailey{money that was donated to him..he in turn felt he needed to give to the searchers}

As far as BD/CD actually searching I think its known that no one expects nor wants them to actually be out with the searchers searching for Hailey's body{as well as LE would have a field day of problems with the parent being in the search group that happened upon little Hailey's remains}..So I realize that is not an option but I do full well expect BD to do as CD has this entire time..Be there and show your gratitude and deep heart felt appreciation of the searchers who are doing the "ugly" job of searching these "ugly" places for Hailey.. But instead we've got BJD continuing to carry anger/resentment for searchers..publically calling them out a number of times and all out making disparaging remarks about them..all because they believe that Shawn Adkins is involved..

As usual Billie is all about Billie and Shawn..just as it's always has been..Billie's kids are always on the back burner..with her and Shawn and their needs always front and center..jmo

How do we know the property has not been searched? Is this a speculation thread or do we in fact know whether the property was searched?

According to the article someone linked upthread, either there was a SW that has not been reported in MSM or the family consented to the search.

Is there a link to anything stating the families properties havent been searched? TIA

I think its been well publicized that CD has went far and wide

I know CD has been involved in the search efforts, but I was wondering about he and BD's relatives. Thanks for clarifying why they would not want people close to the case to be responsible for finding her if she is no longer alive. That makes sense. (Like John Ramsey finding Jonbenet).

How do we know the property has not been searched? Is this a speculation thread or do we in fact know whether the property was searched?
You are 100% right. There has been no confirmation (to my knowledge) from LE one way or another about SA's relatives' properties being searched. Hopefully, we will be able to see the affidavit for those searches just as we have for the searches of BD's property.

I think they would be pretty stupid to go for that. Remember, once LE has permission to search, anything they find, related or not, is admissable as evidence in any other charge they might want to bring. So, they might find themselves charged with unrelated crimes just for the hell of it, because maybe LE doesnt like SA or anyone remotely connected to him. I think most people, thougt they might say otherwise, have done something dubious that could potentially be turned up in a search like that. Especially in rural communities where a lot of minor crime takes place but is usually covered up or ignored.

Why would anyone in their right mind expose themselves to that risk?

I think they would be pretty stupid to go for that. Remember, once LE has permission to search, anything they find, related or not, is admissable as evidence in any other charge they might want to bring. So, they might find themselves charged with unrelated crimes just for the hell of it, because maybe LE doesnt like SA or anyone remotely connected to him. I think most people, thougt they might say otherwise, have done something dubious that could potentially be turned up in a search like that. Especially in rural communities where a lot of minor crime takes place but is usually covered up or ignored.

BBM-Because a young girl is missing.

According to the article someone linked upthread, either there was a SW that has not been reported in MSM or the family consented to the search.

Is there a link to anything stating the families properties havent been searched? TIA

I agree with you that we do not know one way or the other if the properties have been searched.

It's a speculation thread. I've seen numerous times people asking why those properties have not been searched on this forum and elsewhere. Yes, we don't know if it has but, honestly, if it had been I THINK it would have been all over the news.

We also do not know if grandma's or mom's house was searched.

Just like we have no idea if cadaver dogs were brought into BD's house. There's so many questions about that but no one knows.

As for the article above, it doesn't say they were searching so we really have no idea why they were there. Could be to get SA's DNA. IMO

This has bugged me for awhile.

Thinking about it now though i think that they at least flew over the properties. Maybe they know that there was no heat signatures or ground disturbed at granny's, mom's and the other land they own.

Would it explain for them not trying harder for a warrant?

BBM - Because someone's baby is missing! That would be my first reason. Also, to prove SA's "innocence"...

Well SA does admit to stopping at the Grandma's house on the morning of the 27th and he also indicated that no one was home. Of course we can't be sure if he actually stopped or that was just his excuse for the phone pings but he has admitted knowing that there was no one home at the house in Dunn at least during the early morning hours of the 27th so that would be good reason for LE to want to search it IMO.

He also had a positive response to HD being in Scurry county, where Grandma's house is located during his polygraph.

I thought I had also read somewhere that the local searchers were "shooed away" from the edge of the property by the grandmother during some initial searching that they were doing.

SA admitted on the BTR show the other night that he grew up on that property. He and his uncle and cousin used to ride ATV's around it so it must be fairly large and he would be familiar with every square inch of it. A lot of the videos were shot there too and that cellar from the pictures is there.

I can't imagine why LE would have been unable to get a search warrant for it if they even tried. :waitasec:

BBM-Because a young girl is missing.

They can search their own property then. They are the ones most familiar with it after all. If she is there, they would find her. They haven't done anything wrong. Just allowing LE free access permits them to uncover unrelated offences, and once such evidence is found LE WILL press charges (they are obliged to). It was exactly that situation that got SA's mother's household into trouble.

People want to search SA's relatives properties not because they want to find HD, but because they want to find metaphorical sticks to beat the family up with in the misguided belief that this would put "pressure" on SA. Why on earth would his family volunteer for that?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brittinvestigates4u
Back