WA WA - Marizela Perez, 18, UW student, Seattle, 5 March 2011

fran

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Missing: Marizela Perez

I just got off the phone with my family.

This is my beautiful cousin, Marizela Perez:

MISSING PERSON

Name: Marizela Perez

Date Missing: March 5, 2011, 12:00-12:30 P.M.

Last Seen: Rainier Beach area, heading to UW Seattle campus to meet friends for lunch or study in the UW libraries

Possible Routes: Sound Link Light Rail stations, downtown/Chinatown areas, UW Seattle campus, U-district

Description – Asian female, 5’5” tall, 110 lbs, skinny build, asymmetrical bob with short bangs and brown/red highlights hairstyle, tattoo on left inner arm with the words ‘lahat ay magiging maayos’, last seen wearing denim jeans, light brown suede laced boots, possibly wearing green eye contacts, possibly carrying a plaid backpack with a Macbook Pro laptop, taking medication for depression.

May God make it so. Please keep my cousin and her family in your prayers. Thank you.

http://michellemalkin.com/2011/03/07/missing-marizela-perez/#comments

Help Find Missing UW Student

Seattle —
Relatives of a missing UW student are asking for the public's help in finding her.

Her name is Marizela Perez and she apparently vanished at around Noon on Saturday, March 5th.

Family members say she was last seen in the Rainier Beach area, heading to UW Seattle campus to meet friends for lunch or study in the UW libraries.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<more at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.q13fox.com/news/kcpq-help-find-missing-uw-student-20110306,0,871578.story?track=rss

Prayers that your cousin is found quickly, fran!

Here is a photo of her...
319712680-06183118.jpg

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. This is Michelle Malkins cousin. The first post was from her blog.

Michelle Malkin is a contributor to FOX national cable news.

Yes, prayers they find Marizela safe and sound.

fran

Does anyone see any fliers anywhere? I would like to print some today and put them up.

Was she on foot, or on the bus or rail? I used to live for a few years in the international district (Chinatown) and, at least 7 yrs ago or so I'd characterize it as busy and mostly safe, but definitely abuts areas that are pretty seedy. Of course, this was before the light rail went in, so perhaps the area has changed? university district is fairly safe, but again, you can take a wrong turn on foot and end up in some shady places. But not a place I'd associate with any danger, by any means.

Looks like bus route 7 heads through the Intl district and down to rainier beach, and the light rail goes through as well. It would definitely help if we knew how she was traveling, whether bus, rail, foot, or some combo thereof.

Prayers for Mari and her family!

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2014424588_missinguwstudent08m.html?syndication=rss

Have you seen Marizela Perez? UW student missing

Perez said his daughter has been living with her aunt and uncle, who also haven't seen her since Saturday.

The family filed a missing-persons report Sunday with Seattle and UW police. They said she might have been riding a Link Light Rail train.

Perez said he called his daughter about 4 p.m., but got no answer. Normally, he said, she calls back within five minutes, but this time he didn't hear from her. He continued to call her cellphone until the battery ran out or it was turned off.

"If she's going to be late she always calls us," he said. He said he contacted Perez' boyfriend and he, too, hadn't seen Marizela.

Her uncle, Lauro Mendoza, said he last saw her at noon Saturday and expected her back at dinnertime. "She always comes home on time," he said. When she didn't return, Mendoza went to UW campus Saturday night with his daughter and Perez's boyfriend to search for her.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<,more at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

She is so cute and happy..... :praying: for her safe return!

Ok, I've looked a little more into the new (well, new to me!) light rail route, and wow, there is any number of busy places she could have got off at. Light rail also looks like it only goes to Westlake (kind of a downtown shopping center where you can also pick up the monorail, which runs to Seattle Center, where the space needle is; opposite direction from University though). I'm guessing she would have gotten a bus from westlake to University?

Plenty of these places should have cameras though. I wonder if the Safeway sighting is verified on video. I'd imagine Westlake has cameras in abundance.

Scary thinking someone can travel busy routes like these and just disappear. :(

She is on medication for depression...had she been showing signs of being extremely depressed recently?

Here's an update on Michelle Malkin's blog. She also has posted another picture of Marizela, showing her tatoo on the inside of her upper arm.

fran

http://michellemalkin.com/2011/03/08/searching-for-marizela-an-update/

The police say they “have no reason to suspect foul play” at this point. There are several reasons and grim evidence that cause the family to remain gravely concerned about Marizela’s safety, health, and well-being. As mentioned yesterday in the flyers the family is handing out, Marizela was taking anti-depressants and has been for some time.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<more at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://michellemalkin.com/2011/03/08/searching-for-marizela-an-update/

Her tattoo ("all will be well") reminds me of the writings of the medieval mystic St Julian of Norwich, which are so optimistic and promising of Gods love. She wrote in one of her revelations "all will be well, and all will be well, and all manner of thing shall be well". A fitting patron for hope for Marizelas safe return. St Julian pray for her!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back