GUILTY FL - Vincent Collins & Savannah Sholter for starving disabled 2yo son, Hialeah, 2011

Wise Old Owl

Retired WS Staff & Founding member of AFKBPOFPOPL
Reaction score
Parents arrested for alleged child neglect

HIALEAH, Fla. (WSVN) -- A mother and father are under arrest after police say their 2-year-old was living in filth.

Hialeah Police said the 2-year-old was not alert and not breathing when police found the child in room 19 of the motel, which was extremely unsanitary. Investigators added that fecal matter was discovered throughout the room, along with overflowing trash bags and a dead animal.

According to detectives, the child was malnourished and only weighed 15 pounds. There was also feces embedded in the child's skin, and the child had toenails that looked like they had never been cut.

**more at link**

http://www.wsvn.com/news/articles/local/21003715302210

NEGLECT??? I believe this is ABUSE! This poor child. I heard this last night on the 11 o'clock news. I haven't heard any updates about the little boy.

The article alsy says that parents had moved down the hall into a different room but the little boy was left to stay in that nasty room.

I still don't understand how this is neglect and NOT abuse!

$7,500 bail? You've got to be kidding me? And I agree...this is blatant abuse.

How can LE get away with calling this child neglect, when it's clearly aggravated child abuse! 2 years old and 15 pounds (my son weighed that at about 5 months, if not earlier). Does this lesser charge mean they can get their child back. The thought horrifies me.

MOO

Mel

Apparently the have a second child that was healthy, that child has been taken too, thank god !

SNIPPED>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The parents, 25-year-old Vincent Paul Collins and 21-year-old Savanah Lynn Sholter, were both arrested and charged with child neglect.

They were each being held on $7,500 bond.

Police say the couple has a second child who is now in the custody of the Department of Children and Families. An employee of the motel said the couple had rented out a second room with the healthy child and had abandoned the other baby in the first room.

They allegedly told housekeeping not to go into the first room because there was a sick child in there

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/Couple-Arrested-After-Malnourished-Boy-Found-117510648.html

the child was found not alert and not breathing?!

that to me goes beyond neglect and abuse into murder territory

I bet they thought he was dead and rented out the second room to get away from the dead body

I just made myself sick with that thought ...

just how long was this little boy alone in that room?!

looks like she had time to log onto myspace while she ignored her toddler (last login Feb.17/11)

warning: E. was born with issues and there are loads of hospital pics here of both parents with him that are HEARTBREAKING

http://www.myspace.com/savannahsholter

also, I'm gonna guess the dead animal in the room was of the black cat variety, just based on photos ...

Yes, I just read that the little boy had a "health condition" since birth but I've yet to find out what that was.

They probably had grown tired of caring for him - after all they told the maid not to go in there, there was a "sick child" in there. GMAB.

This makes me wanna puke. From his myspace page:

016.png

Parents arrested for alleged child neglect

HIALEAH, Fla. (WSVN) -- A mother and father are under arrest after police say their 2-year-old was living in filth.

Hialeah Police said the 2-year-old was not alert and not breathing when police found the child in room 19 of the motel, which was extremely unsanitary. Investigators added that fecal matter was discovered throughout the room, along with overflowing trash bags and a dead animal.

According to detectives, the child was malnourished and only weighed 15 pounds. There was also feces embedded in the child's skin, and the child had toenails that looked like they had never been cut.

**more at link**

http://www.wsvn.com/news/articles/local/21003715302210

NEGLECT??? I believe this is ABUSE! This poor child. I heard this last night on the 11 o'clock news. I haven't heard any updates about the little boy.

The article alsy says that parents had moved down the hall into a different room but the little boy was left to stay in that nasty room.

I still don't understand how this is neglect and NOT abuse!

That is flipping attempted murder. Leaving teh child unattended without nourishment....:banghead:

the child was found not alert and not breathing?!

that to me goes beyond neglect and abuse into murder territory

I bet they thought he was dead and rented out the second room to get away from the dead body

I just made myself sick with that thought ...

just how long was this little boy alone in that room?!

Or charges of attempted murder at minimum! If this poor baby dies, these 2 better get the death penalty.

Just sayin...

Mel

From her posts, she sounds like a drinker, possibly a druggie (ie, hasn't slept in 2 days). Picture of a witch person holding a gun.

Severe warning signs :(

Mel

I just heard on the noon news here that the father was in the Coast Guard (or was Coast Guard and is now out). I'm looking for a link but haven't found one yet.

I did notice on his ms there were references to the Coast Guard. It wouldn't surprise me. I don't think he was currently in the Coast Guard - they were living in a motel!

I'll keep looking for links about this.

From his MS page, looks like JRC (child) was born in 9/2009. Wonder if this is the same baby :(

MOO

Mel

www.wsvn.com

The above channel - 5 o'clock news. It seems the father was enlisted and is currently in the Coast Guard. The Coast Guard has issued a statement.

What got me was the last statement in this report: The parents did not mean to neglect this child. HUH? Say what?

It was the mother that called 911 - but so what? They also said that the little boy was living in that hotel room BY HIMSELF! Yet, they didn't mean to neglect him? C'mon.

ETA - they did say the little boy is in critical but stable condition. My prayers go out to him.

There was also feces embedded in the child's skin, and the child had toenails that looked like they had never been cut.

snipped from OP

What got me was the last statement in this report: The parents did not mean to neglect this child.

Snipped from WOO's post and link above

um yeah. I would think the first snip would indicate the second is total CARP!

FGS

They rented an entirely new room for them and their other child to occupy while they left this one to die there covered in filth and with an animal corpse!

Just watch those filthy humans are going to claim they were overwhelmed with the childs special needs..
I hope they rot in a prison cell for the rest of their lives for attempted murder.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanayarford
Back